#SellBeforeWeDai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group

2661 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: “ Sell before we Dai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group v2.3b sponsored by Sports Direct Tennis Ba

by Sutekh » 01 Dec 2023 09:37

Elm Park Kid
Brogue A go fund me has been set up to pay the staff. Now how does this work. Surely we can’t just give money to the club isn’t that against the rules?

https://www.gofundme.com/f/37j3jlh920?u ... e=customer

I understand that this is helping out ordinary people at Christmas, but the idea that we fundraise to pay the wages for a Billionaire's business is just . . . .. it's disgusting. And to think that there are still people who argue against things like an independent regulator or any idea that the people that make millions from football should also pay for its failures.

There should be an EFL guarantee that says that every single employee and supplier to all of its club will 100% be paid regardless of what happens. And if necessary that money comes out of the tv rights deal before the rest is distributed to the clubs. I promise you you'd see some pretty strict new rules introduced overnight. The moment that a bad owner becomes everyone's problem is the moment that we no longer have bad owners.

Good luck persuading the football world in that over their disgraceful "football creditors first" ruling. However would hope that any future football regulator would have the power to bring the game into the real world in that respect.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

Re: “ Sell before we Dai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group v2.3b sponsored by Sports Direct Tennis Ba

by Royal_jimmy » 01 Dec 2023 09:47

It's just nuts really, our sponsors covering the wages to help the staff get by. Even in league one players aren't insanely paid, most of our players earn £100-200k a year let alone our ground staff, admin, marketing, coaches etc. £150k a year is a lot of money and more than most but a footballers lifestyle is generally lavish. The players have apparently been paid in full so we won't get a points deduction. But paying everyone else 50% of pay is just insulting (if Dellor is correct)

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 01 Dec 2023 14:43

Another statement from Caroline Parker and her cronies telling Reading fans to throw tennis balls at Eastleigh. Who do these lot think they represent?

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 01 Dec 2023 14:50

RG30 Another statement from Caroline Parker and her cronies telling Reading fans to throw tennis balls at Eastleigh. Who do these lot think they represent?

Set up your own campaign group and send an alternative message then. SBWD have done a good job overall. Opinion is divided for Sunday and whatever course of action they chose would have led to criticism.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 01 Dec 2023 15:16

WestYorksRoyal
RG30 Another statement from Caroline Parker and her cronies telling Reading fans to throw tennis balls at Eastleigh. Who do these lot think they represent?

Set up your own campaign group and send an alternative message then. SBWD have done a good job overall. Opinion is divided for Sunday and whatever course of action they chose would have led to criticism.

SBWD need to stop now, the club is in the process of being sold, their job is over now.
If they throw their pathetic tennis balls and the game gets abandoned there is a good chance we get kicked out of the competition.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 01 Dec 2023 15:23

WestYorksRoyal

Agree - particularly with the march and getting the key assets protected but the tennis balls has been done and the desired effect of the group has happened (we hope) . ITV are there on Sunday for Eastleigh and a cup upset, nothing else.

It looks to me that most tweets after the SWBD announcement are against the Sunday protest.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Dec 2023 15:27

They've done some good work, but they've got this bang wrong.

mafff .

Have a word.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 01 Dec 2023 15:33

72 bus
WestYorksRoyal

SBWD need to stop now, the club is in the process of being sold, their job is over now.
If they throw their pathetic tennis balls and the game gets abandoned there is a good chance we get kicked out of the competition.

Let's shut down this argument now; a match is not going to be abandoned over a few tennis balls.

My main concern is that given the fan divide, it will just be a bit embarrassed and crap unlike our efforts against Bolton and Burton.

And it is not time for them to stop. Dai hasn't even agreed exclusivity yet, which is only a 1st step after which we still have about 2 months of process to work through. This only stops when he is gone.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Dec 2023 15:38

Interrupting the game is becoming increasingly lame, disorganised and counter productive.

The ref at one game was very clearly considering abandoning if the balls came on multiple times, and he'd have been within his rights.

It's also incredibly bad manners to air our grievances and make our protests at an away ground. Especially for a club like Eastleigh for which this is a big game.

I'm fine with protests continuing, but they've got to be the right kind of protest, and this is neither the game or the way.

SBWD need to seriously consider whether their antics are more likely to harm club income or put off new owners, because they certainly aren’t going to make Dai pay up or sell quicker.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 01 Dec 2023 15:44

Snowflake Royal Interrupting the game is becoming increasingly lame, disorganised and counter productive.

The ref at one game was very clearly considering abandoning if the balls came on multiple times, and he'd have been within his rights.

It's also incredibly bad manners to air our grievances and make our protests at an away ground. Especially for a club like Eastleigh for which this is a big game.

I'm fine with protests continuing, but they've got to be the right kind of protest, and this is neither the game or the way.

SBWD need to seriously consider whether their antics are more likely to harm club income or put off new owners, because they certainly aren’t going to make Dai pay up or sell quicker.

I see your point and understand. But there are plenty who are saying that it doesn't go far enough. So long as Dai is here, SBWD have a purpose and have to make decisions which will divide opinion. They are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Looking online, I think most sentiment is aligned with your view, so perhaps we'll see another statement rowing back on this protest, at which point they will get mockery and sneers for backing down. Again, damned if they do and damned if they don't.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 01 Dec 2023 16:14

WestYorksRoyal
Snowflake Royal Interrupting the game is becoming increasingly lame, disorganised and counter productive.

I see your point and understand. But there are plenty who are saying that it doesn't go far enough. So long as Dai is here, SBWD have a purpose and have to make decisions which will divide opinion. They are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Looking online, I think most sentiment is aligned with your view, so perhaps we'll see another statement rowing back on this protest, at which point they will get mockery and sneers for backing down. Again, damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Their intent was to get Dai to sell, he is now selling the club what else is it that they want?
Time to let the grown ups negotiate a sale, SBWD need to shut the oxf*rd up now.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 01 Dec 2023 16:19

72 bus
WestYorksRoyal

Their intent was to get Dai to sell, he is now selling the club what else is it that they want?
Time to let the grown ups negotiate a sale, SBWD need to shut the oxf*rd up now.

Why the visceral reaction? They are a pressure group asking him to sell. All we're getting is a constant stream of rumours that exclusivity is close, but Dai is still pissing about instead of starting a process that will take time to complete.

They didn't call themselves Leak Rumours That Exclusivity Is Close Before We Dai.

Edit: I would add that we all want the same thing which is new owners and stability. If he is looking to sell, good, but the faster the better. We know he is a private man and my guess is he's not enjoying the publicity our situation is generating. So if protests can create pressure for him to move more quickly, that is worth supporting. Whether the plans on Sunday are the right plans is a different debate.
Last edited by WestYorksRoyal on 01 Dec 2023 17:02, edited 1 time in total.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 01 Dec 2023 16:47

Snowflake Royal It's also incredibly bad manners to air our grievances and make our protests at an away ground.

:D

MIM Royal

by MIM Royal » 01 Dec 2023 18:47

Not paying the staff and HMRC again is inexcusable, but genuinely think Dai has a problem getting the funds.

Am sure he wants out for the good of everyone and will take a big hit on his investment when he does

Any protest that interfers with a game in progress won't hasten his departure and will further damage RFC if it results in a abandonment or forfeiture, and will be disrespectful to Eastleigh for their big day.

Time to take deep breathes and not react this week.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 01 Dec 2023 19:14

The game is on TV. They aren't going to abandon it over some tennis balls that can be cleared up in 10 minutes at most. :lol:

Mr Sitter

by Mr Sitter » 01 Dec 2023 20:11

A few observations. I think the big positive about the tennis ball protests and the march was to raise awareness of the issue. Before that the media (including Radio Berkshire) were barely covering it.

I don’t think Dai has been bothered by anything that fans or local MPs have done.

At this stage I don’t think a tennis ball protest would have any great effect but I suppose wouldn’t do any harm if it makes some of our fans feel better as long as it’s a concerted one off protest. An abandonment would be damaging to the cause in my opinion. Can’t see any point to that at all.

Rax

by Rax » 01 Dec 2023 20:58

Pepe the Horseman
Snowflake Royal It's also incredibly bad manners to air our grievances and make our protests at an away ground.

I actually agree with this - it's a massive game for Eastleigh and I'd like to think that we'd be polite enough to respect that.

Tennis balls at home games by all means but not away, in the cup and on TV - we'd be LOL'd at by most other fans from the comfort of their armchairs.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 01 Dec 2023 21:03

Rax
Pepe the Horseman

I actually agree with this - it's a massive game for Eastleigh and I'd like to think that we'd be polite enough to respect that.

Tennis balls at home games by all means but not away, in the cup and on TV - we'd be LOL'd at by most other fans from the comfort of their armchairs.

Agreed. It shows a lot of disrespect to Eastleigh. Would hate to ruin their day on TV, especially when they'll probably feel like they can beat us,

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 01 Dec 2023 21:18

I reckon a great big banner that says ‘Dai, pay your staff’s wages you cheap c**t’ that gets seen on TV would be appropriate.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 01 Dec 2023 21:20

Rax
Pepe the Horseman

One thing about a protest like this is it has to be a large number of people, or it just looks pathetic.

Besides, if we really need Dai to lose face, we should have a Winnie the Pooh theme day - that will go down really well in China.

2661 posts