#SellBeforeWeDai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group

2661 posts
Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: “ Sell before we Dai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group v2.3b sponsored by Sports Direct Tennis Ba

by Pepe the Horseman » 01 Dec 2023 23:05

Rax
Pepe the Horseman
Snowflake Royal It's also incredibly bad manners to air our grievances and make our protests at an away ground.

:D

I actually agree with this - it's a massive game for Eastleigh and I'd like to think that we'd be polite enough to respect that.

Tennis balls at home games by all means but not away, in the cup and on TV - we'd be LOL'd at by most other fans from the comfort of their armchairs.

I wasn't disagreeing, it's just a very Reading point to make.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: “ Sell before we Dai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group v2.3b sponsored by Sports Direct Tennis Ba

by PieEater » 02 Dec 2023 09:47

I think fans need to be careful about any protest. We are asking a benefactor to give the club more money, the same one that has spent £200m already. I don't think shouting at him to pay up is helpful. He's rich enough to just walk away and end the club - as he's shown with his other clubs - given that he'll of realised that he's not getting much of that money back.

So we need to be patient and give time to allow any sale to go through now he's actually in the process of selling, without doing anything to derail that sale.

And certainly not at Eastleigh - their biggest game of the season.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 02 Dec 2023 10:02

PieEater I think fans need to be careful about any protest. We are asking a benefactor to give the club more money, the same one that has spent £200m already. I don't think shouting at him to pay up is helpful. He's rich enough to just walk away and end the club - as he's shown with his other clubs - given that he'll of realised that he's not getting much of that money back.

So we need to be patient and give time to allow any sale to go through now he's actually in the process of selling, without doing anything to derail that sale.

SBWD have let the Genie out of the bottle though, be difficult to stop some of the idiots in our away support.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 02 Dec 2023 10:32

PieEater I think fans need to be careful about any protest. We are asking a benefactor to give the club more money, the same one that has spent £200m already. I don't think shouting at him to pay up is helpful. He's rich enough to just walk away and end the club - as he's shown with his other clubs - given that he'll of realised that he's not getting much of that money back.

People have called for patience before, but it's 2 weeks since it was reported that we had several credible offers on the table. Had Dai been decisive, given exclusivity and shown progress, there's a reasonable chance that the potential buyer would have loaned the funds to pay HMRC and the staff this week. It's fine to talk about patience, but there are real world consequences of his procrastination.

I get that he has invested a lot of money, but if you're going to do that you should have commitment to see the job through if it goes wrong, and support the unsustainable club you've created until a buyer is found. Instead, it seems like we're an expensive toy he lost interest in or a game you can play and walk away when you lose. We're not. We're an important part of the community and livelihoods get affected when you mess around.

He's one of the worst owners the EFL has seen. He's created stress and sadness for people who care about the club and dragged our name through the mud while turning us into laughing stock. He needs to go, ASAP and SBWD should not let up until it's done. I know a sale takes time, but we need to see exclusivity as tangible progress, and this has been true for almost a month now.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 02 Dec 2023 10:40

There are real world consequences to his procrastination, but there are worse real world consequences if we piss him off to the extent that he walks away. He could end the club just to piss off the bleating twitterati with tennis balls if he wanted.

As I said stamping your feet and shouting pay up, give us your money isn't helpful at this stage.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 02 Dec 2023 10:44

I've no idea the figures involved, but I find it far fetched that he would turn down £30m or so and let everything burn because some fans weren't nice to him.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 02 Dec 2023 11:06

WestYorksRoyal I've no idea the figures involved, but I find it far fetched that he would turn down £30m or so and let everything burn because some fans weren't nice to him.

Maybe not, but if you've lost £200m or £170m would it matter to him? Would you gamble the entire club on that?

There's also the FA, we've already had fines for a post match pitch invasion from them, I can imagine the negotiations stalling or having to be revisited when another £100k or so fine is added to the costs because of the game getting disrupted? We all want it done quickly so why risk doing something that could delay a takeover?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Dec 2023 12:51

WestYorksRoyal

People have called for patience before, but it's 2 weeks since it was reported that we had several credible offers on the table. Had Dai been decisive, given exclusivity and shown progress, there's a reasonable chance that the potential buyer would have loaned the funds to pay HMRC and the staff this week. It's fine to talk about patience, but there are real world consequences of his procrastination.

I get that he has invested a lot of money, but if you're going to do that you should have commitment to see the job through if it goes wrong, and support the unsustainable club you've created until a buyer is found. Instead, it seems like we're an expensive toy he lost interest in or a game you can play and walk away when you lose. We're not. We're an important part of the community and livelihoods get affected when you mess around.

He's one of the worst owners the EFL has seen. He's created stress and sadness for people who care about the club and dragged our name through the mud while turning us into laughing stock. He needs to go, ASAP and SBWD should not let up until it's done. I know a sale takes time, but we need to see exclusivity as tangible progress, and this has been true for almost a month now.

You keep banging on about no progress, completely ignoring that there's almost no progress updates allowed.

It's only a short while ago he was refusing to sell and looking for investors and we've gone from that to negotiations with four credible buyers and an estimated timeline of done this year or early January.

Perhaps the lack of exclusivity being reported doesn't mean it hasn't been agreed. Or that a lack of agreement is because of another party pushing hard to overtake as preferential bidder.

There's nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing that means any continuing protest cannot wait until our next home game.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 02 Dec 2023 17:34

WestYorksRoyal
RG30 Another statement from Caroline Parker and her cronies telling Reading fans to throw tennis balls at Eastleigh. Who do these lot think they represent?

Set up your own campaign group and send an alternative message then. SBWD have done a good job overall. Opinion is divided for Sunday and whatever course of action they chose would have led to criticism.

Definitely a no win situation.

When we paused against Bristol Rovers we said we needed to reflect and take stock, but if the situation worsens everything was back on the table. We were hounded for it.

HMRC remains unpaid and non playing staff are partially unpaid, we have to do something. We are being hounded for it.

Whether people feel it's the right or wrong action itself, we can't just do nothing.

To say it's ruining Eastleigh's big day out is offensive to them, they're a professional unit and only two leagues below us. There's a range of opinions from their fans that mirror ours.

It's on TV, it's televised in China. It's the point a further statement is needed. There aren't just tennis balls, we've spoken with the commentators and hosts, we've got something else up our sleeve. We want one impactful statement - we aren't calling for abandonment. But we can't idly stand by.

Barnsley would be too late.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 02 Dec 2023 19:03

maffff
WestYorksRoyal
RG30 Another statement from Caroline Parker and her cronies telling Reading fans to throw tennis balls at Eastleigh. Who do these lot think they represent?

Set up your own campaign group and send an alternative message then. SBWD have done a good job overall. Opinion is divided for Sunday and whatever course of action they chose would have led to criticism.

When we paused against Bristol Rovers we said we needed to reflect and take stock, but if the situation worsens everything was back on the table. We were hounded for it.

HMRC remains unpaid and non playing staff are partially unpaid, we have to do something. We are being hounded for it.

Whether people feel it's the right or wrong action itself, we can't just do nothing.

To say it's ruining Eastleigh's big day out is offensive to them, they're a professional unit and only two leagues below us. There's a range of opinions from their fans that mirror ours.

It's on TV, it's televised in China. It's the point a further statement is needed. There aren't just tennis balls, we've spoken with the commentators and hosts, we've got something else up our sleeve. We want one impactful statement - we aren't calling for abandonment. But we can't idly stand by.

I've seen the twitter stuff - abusive placards etc won't even make the screen

Why is Barnsley too late? What are you trying to prove tomorrow? SBWD was set up to get the owner to sell which is progressing to the final stages if the local press is to be believed. The pay thing is poor I agree but if all is sorted by Tuesday then surely this can wait until a home game.

Have you heard something? Is Dai being unrealistic and declining all offers? Are the press all wrong??

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Dec 2023 20:39

maffff
WestYorksRoyal

You'd probably get less criticism of you didn’t keep making yourselves look like idiots.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Dec 2023 20:56

It's also not disrespectful to Eastleigh to call this a big game for them. It's a televised second round match against a L1 team that's just spent about 20 years above L1. Yeah, they've played Mk Dons and Swindon in the cup in 7 or 8 years, and then their genuine big ties were Brentford and Bolton in 15/16 and 16/17.

Anyone in their right mind would recognise, for example, Crewe playing QPR on TV in the cup as a big game for Crewe, that's only two divisions difference too. Or Oxford vs Everton.

It would be a fairly big game for us playing Leeds ffs.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 02 Dec 2023 22:30

Snowflake Royal It would be a fairly big game for us playing Leeds ffs.

Wash your mouth out.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 03 Dec 2023 22:33

After the naysayers, SBWD delivered today. Got loads of good coverage from ITV, Matterface and Wright. Got Bowen to publicly join the Dai Out movement.

No doubt some will black them for the momentum change, but it's the players who conceded the 94th minute winner.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 03 Dec 2023 22:56

You're basing this on unofficial reports. To be honest this embarrassing publicity is deserved whether he's trying to sell or not. He deserves to be shamed for not paying the staff on time after how we've been shafted by him as a fan base.

Dai Yongge is a private man. I hope he's getting embarrassed massively by this in China, Hong Kong or whatever he is.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 03 Dec 2023 23:04

Snowflake Royal
WestYorksRoyal

You keep banging on about no progress, completely ignoring that there's almost no progress updates allowed.

It's only a short while ago he was refusing to sell and looking for investors and we've gone from that to negotiations with four credible buyers and an estimated timeline of done this year or early January.

Perhaps the lack of exclusivity being reported doesn't mean it hasn't been agreed. Or that a lack of agreement is because of another party pushing hard to overtake as preferential bidder.

There's nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing that means any continuing protest cannot wait until our next home game.

Look I don't care what progress has been made here, we need this guy to sell up. After the way he's treated us I want him to be unwelcome and pushed out.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Dec 2023 23:44

Royal_jimmy
Snowflake Royal
WestYorksRoyal People have called for patience before, but it's 2 weeks since it was reported that we had several credible offers on the table. Had Dai been decisive, given exclusivity and shown progress, there's a reasonable chance that the potential buyer would have loaned the funds to pay HMRC and the staff this week. It's fine to talk about patience, but there are real world consequences of his procrastination.

Look I don't care what progress has been made here, we need this guy to sell up. After the way he's treated us I want him to be unwelcome and pushed out.

Oh! You should have just said. In that case I'll just wave this magic wand I found and the sale will be done tomorrow.

:roll:

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 04 Dec 2023 00:07

Snowflake Royal
Royal_jimmy
Snowflake Royal You keep banging on about no progress, completely ignoring that there's almost no progress updates allowed.

Oh! You should have just said. In that case I'll just wave this magic wand I found and the sale will be done tomorrow.

:roll:

you spend too much time on here waving your magic wand.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 04 Dec 2023 07:43

WestYorksRoyal After the naysayers, SBWD delivered today. Got loads of good coverage from ITV, Matterface and Wright. Got Bowen to publicly join the Dai Out movement.

No doubt some will black them for the momentum change, but it's the players who conceded the 94th minute winner.

So for all the good coverage, what were the viewing figures like and how many people without a vested interest were actually watching our game over Liverpool - Fulham or Chelsea- Brighton. Was it just preaching to the converted?

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 04 Dec 2023 08:07

The fund raiser for the staff Christmas Box is going quite well. I gave a bit over the weekend and hopefully it will get up to their £10k target.

2661 posts