#SellBeforeWeDai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group

2661 posts
Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: “ Sell before we Dai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group v2.3b sponsored by Sports Direct Tennis Ba

by Forbury Lion » 12 Dec 2023 15:41

I think the lesson here is that STAR need to be on board with any future fund raising from the start with clear guidance issued as to what the donations will be used for with the logistics worked out long before any money is donated.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: “ Sell before we Dai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group v2.3b sponsored by Sports Direct Tennis Ba

by SouthDownsRoyal » 12 Dec 2023 15:41

Pepe the Horseman How many signs are there? Pls can you post them all on here? Or twitter? Tia x

They’re all on Twitter

@sellbeforewedai

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 12 Dec 2023 15:45

SouthDownsRoyal
Pepe the Horseman How many signs are there? Pls can you post them all on here? Or twitter? Tia x

They’re all on Twitter

@sellbeforewedai

I don't have a Twitter. Can you post them on here?

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 12 Dec 2023 15:49

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 12 Dec 2023 15:51

Any photos of the sign driving past Dai and him looking all penitent?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 12 Dec 2023 16:47

SBWD investor letter blames the "flawed" regionalisation of English league football for supressing Reading's potential for decades :lol:

https://twitter.com/SellBeforeWeDai/sta ... 1569744901

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 12 Dec 2023 17:44

Sutekh SBWD investor letter blames the "flawed" regionalisation of English league football for supressing Reading's potential for decades :lol:

Snowflake Royal It's amusing how SBWD lurch from incompetent to excellent and back again so quickly.

Well done.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 12 Dec 2023 17:46

Pepe the Horseman
Sutekh SBWD investor letter blames the "flawed" regionalisation of English league football for supressing Reading's potential for decades :lol:

Snowflake Royal It's amusing how SBWD lurch from incompetent to excellent and back again so quickly.

Well done.

This was 5 months ago though they’ve come on leaps and bounds since then….

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 12 Dec 2023 18:07

Brogue
Pepe the Horseman

Well done.

This was 5 months ago though they’ve come on leaps and bounds since then….

Yeh, they've done a cracking job today.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 12 Dec 2023 18:10

I'd happily join a crowdfunder to do it every week until he's gone.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 12 Dec 2023 18:16

WestYorksRoyal I'd happily join a crowdfunder to do it every week until he's gone.

What about the Xmas party?

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 13 Dec 2023 19:00

Anybody watch the piece on Sky today, regarding the Turkish owner at Hull? He went into their social club, that was reasonably full, and offered to buy everyone a drink. Imagine the wrong 'un turning up at the Jazz Cafe and offering to do the same. "The bottled waters are on me. Oh, did I use the word bottled?"

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 13 Dec 2023 20:53

It's probably true, as if there had just been a 3rd division, with 2 going up, there's a good chance we'd have got back to the 2nd tier before 1986.

Not exactly topical or relevant now though, other than for maybe stressing the potential of the club.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: “ Sell before we Dai “ supporters action group v2.2

by SouthDownsRoyal » 13 Dec 2023 21:33

JR
WestYorksRoyal
Webster750 Sell Before We Dai’s most recent statement/letter

They haven't got everything right, but that's a brilliant letter.

I agree - slightly tarnished by the unnecessary swearing to close out the letter. Thought this supporter group collaboration would want to be seen as inclusive?

Agree why the need to swear? It adds nothing

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 14 Dec 2023 12:39

WBA and Sheff Wed fans also behind SBWD’s London notice board fun

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/foot ... TO=newsnow

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 15 Dec 2023 09:55

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 15 Dec 2023 12:10

I was a bit disappointed as Matt said he had something to say about the club and then it wasn't that they were buying it, which I reckon they could manage given the price of the merch

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 15 Dec 2023 15:04

Any useful protest ideas to be had from Charlton who i think had similar issues with Du Chatelet? When they finally got shot of him (2020?) I think they went through a couple more changes in ownership before their present owners.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 15 Dec 2023 15:42

Sutekh Any useful protest ideas to be had from Charlton who i think had similar issues with Du Chatelet? When they finally got shot of him (2020?) I think they went through a couple more changes in ownership before their present owners.

It needs to get dirty and nasty. What's the most you can do to make his life uncomfortable without crossing the line into being illegal?

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 15 Dec 2023 16:00

WestYorksRoyal
Sutekh Any useful protest ideas to be had from Charlton who i think had similar issues with Du Chatelet? When they finally got shot of him (2020?) I think they went through a couple more changes in ownership before their present owners.

It needs to get dirty and nasty. What's the most you can do to make his life uncomfortable without crossing the line into being illegal?

This is what I'm thinking.

The only issue is Dai is usually based in China and the biggest potential axe we could wield would be attempting to get his assets in the UK frozen. The major downside to that would be that would also lead to the club's assets being frozen and I doubt Dai would even meet the requirements to get his assets frozen (usually individuals have to be involved in terrorism, major financial fraud, breach of sanctions, etc. to qualify if their country isn't specifically sanctioned).

If we know he's in the UK, protests around his location could be effective (or at least more effective than disrupting matches).

2661 posts