#SellBeforeWeDai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group

2661 posts
WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: “ Sell before we Dai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group v2.3b sponsored by Sports Direct Tennis Ba

by WestYorksRoyal » 11 Jan 2024 18:05

Also another Athletic article. Players eating microwave meals, office staff in big coats with no heating, possible sales of Abbey, Bindon, Holmes, Knibbs and Smith. All in all a day of pretty awful news pff the pitch. I wish the independent commission had gone with the EFL's suggestion and simply banned Dai. We may be staring down the barrel of expulsion, but at least we'd know to get on with the phoenix club.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

Re: “ Sell before we Dai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group v2.3b sponsored by Sports Direct Tennis Ba

by morganb » 11 Jan 2024 18:30

WestYorksRoyal Also another Athletic article. Players eating microwave meals, office staff in big coats with no heating, possible sales of Abbey, Bindon, Holmes, Knibbs and Smith. All in all a day of pretty awful news pff the pitch. I wish the independent commission had gone with the EFL's suggestion and simply banned Dai. We may be staring down the barrel of expulsion, but at least we'd know to get on with the phoenix club.

According to Jamie Hodder on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Jamie_Hodder21/stat ... 8127794393

Been told the heating is fine at the stadium.

Also, looks like The Athletic have simply gone onto Who Scored and just listed that most of our top performers are for sale (though why no Wing or Azeez?)

And what did you have for lunch today? Did it involve a microwave?

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 11 Jan 2024 18:32

The timing is not a coincidence. They will have used the same sources as SBWD. Proof will be in the pudding I guess - let's see is the squad is still together at the end of January.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 11 Jan 2024 19:08

WestYorksRoyal The timing is not a coincidence. They will have used the same sources as SBWD. Proof will be in the pudding I guess - let's see is the squad is still together at the end of January.

Yeah, there might be some bad news about that pretty soon . . .

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 11 Jan 2024 19:11

Pang statements normally precede bad news breaking. So let's wait and see.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Jan 2024 19:41

WestYorksRoyal Also another Athletic article. Players eating microwave meals, office staff in big coats with no heating, possible sales of Abbey, Bindon, Holmes, Knibbs and Smith. All in all a day of pretty awful news pff the pitch. I wish the independent commission had gone with the EFL's suggestion and simply banned Dai. We may be staring down the barrel of expulsion, but at least we'd know to get on with the phoenix club.

Well the fine and wage deposit is due tomorrow I believe.

So should be on for another misconduct charge next week.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 11 Jan 2024 20:18

I wonder if Sky Sports will dedicate a whole night to us when a 150+ year old football club dies. I doubt we’ll even be worthy of a breaking news story.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Jan 2024 20:24

That ‘Pang’ statement is such nonsense. Just copy and paste from a couple of months ago

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 11 Jan 2024 20:32

Snowflake Royal

The EFL seem to have moved that off the club though, so may well be a new charge for him with them pushing harder for him to be disqualified. Will likely seal our doom of course.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Jan 2024 20:52

Stranded
Snowflake Royal

The EFL seem to have moved that off the club though, so may well be a new charge for him with them pushing harder for him to be disqualified. Will likely seal our doom of course.

Yeah, won't be points deduction, will be a personal charge, this time they'll get the ban they want, instruct a sale becomes mandatory, he won't, we get booted.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 11 Jan 2024 20:54

blythspartan I wonder if Sky Sports will dedicate a whole night to us when a 150+ year old football club dies. I doubt we’ll even be worthy of a breaking news story.

We'll make to 3rd onto the ticker at the bottom, just after a bit of Arsenal transfer gossip and a big story about Klopp saying there are too many games.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Jan 2024 20:55

tmesis
blythspartan I wonder if Sky Sports will dedicate a whole night to us when a 150+ year old football club dies. I doubt we’ll even be worthy of a breaking news story.

We'll make to 3rd onto the ticker at the bottom, just after a bit of Arsenal transfer gossip and a big story about Klopp saying there are too many games.

Haha too true

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 11 Jan 2024 21:02

It wouldn't surprise me if some key players have been sold today so that Dai can meet that wage deposit requirement . . .

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 11 Jan 2024 21:05

WestYorksRoyal The timing is not a coincidence. They will have used the same sources as SBWD. Proof will be in the pudding I guess - let's see is the squad is still together at the end of January.

That said, somebody has to actually want to sign our players for semi-decent amounts.

If clubs feel interest isn't huge, and we might go under, they might think they can wait until we fold, and get them for free.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 11 Jan 2024 21:08

Elm Park Kid It wouldn't surprise me if some key players have been sold today so that Dai can meet that wage deposit requirement . . .

Would be plausible, but given news leaks from the club like a colander we'd know by now.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 11 Jan 2024 21:20

Is the protest group actually going to protest this Saturday? Think now might be the time lads.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 11 Jan 2024 21:33

I wonder if fans will just bring tennis balls anyway even though no SBWD protest is planned. Fans protesting on their own accord

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 11 Jan 2024 21:57

Spose the "Who will you support If the club folds" thread is suddenly becoming reality.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 11 Jan 2024 22:07

Ascotexgunner Spose the "Who will you support If the club folds" thread is suddenly becoming reality.

Sod that. IN! for the phoenix adventure climbing the pyramid. AFC Wimbledon hold the record for fastest climb from the bottom into the EFL, with 9 years. That's the target to beat.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 11 Jan 2024 22:36

tmesis

That said, somebody has to actually want to sign our players for semi-decent amounts.

If clubs feel interest isn't huge, and we might go under, they might think they can wait until we fold, and get them for free.

What would you consider a semi-decent amount? Like, if someone offered us £250k for any of our players, could we even turn it down at this point?

2661 posts