#SellBeforeWeDai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group

2661 posts
biff

Re: “ Sell before we Dai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group v2.3b sponsored by Sports Direct Tennis Ba

by biff » 12 Jan 2024 23:37

NathStPaul The wet blanket brigade behind Sell Before We Dai have suggested going on the pitch after the game.

You absolute pussies.

Ooh. You're hard.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: “ Sell before we Dai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group v2.3b sponsored by Sports Direct Tennis Ba

by NathStPaul » 12 Jan 2024 23:52

biff
NathStPaul The wet blanket brigade behind Sell Before We Dai have suggested going on the pitch after the game.

You absolute pussies.

Ooh. You're hard.

No I just understand what is an effective protest and what isn't. Educate yourself a bit and you might too, see if you can manage it. Dork.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 12 Jan 2024 23:57

Get behind the this young team and enjoy the season wherever we end up.
See you all down Palmer park next season, it will be a long road back but it will be honest football with no dodgy chancers fukking it up for us.
Can't wait for the Reading City V Reading Phoenix derby, pissup in the pond house followed by being run down the oxford road by the Reading city crew. Fun times, proper football

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 13 Jan 2024 02:29

Webster750

You absolute pussies.

You mean like the protest vs Peterborough that also happened after the game and did absolutely f*** all and ended up just looking silly?

What a brilliant idea!

Absolute chickens. Just do it during the game. Port Vale fans are endorsing it, just get the game abandoned. It can be replayed, or they get the points. If we go down to league 2 but get rid of Dai to a better owner then so be it

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 13 Jan 2024 06:18

Royal_jimmy
Webster750

You absolute pussies.

You mean like the protest vs Peterborough that also happened after the game and did absolutely f*** all and ended up just looking silly?

What a brilliant idea!

Absolute chickens. Just do it during the game. Port Vale fans are endorsing it, just get the game abandoned. It can be replayed, or they get the points. If we go down to league 2 but get rid of Dai to a better owner then so be it

They literally say, do what you want but they endorse supporting the team for 90 then going on.

Looking to abandon will be getting zero traction outside of Twitter and probably won't happen, like it hasn't happened the last 5 times it was mentioned on Twitter. Main reason being no-one wants to be the first on.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 13 Jan 2024 08:52

Getting the game abandoned. would do no more than get the club briefly higher in the lower division "news", get a whole load of :roll: from many and then be "forgotten" again. It won't force any sale to be quicker or enable Mr Dai to find the funding to be able to finance a FL club.

Next, if it was successful, will fans try to do it for future home games and really screw the season, players, staff, officials over - not to mention the fans and players of other clubs as well as possibly leaving the club open to legal action from other clubs to reclaim their expenses in travelling.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 13 Jan 2024 09:10

Sutekh Getting the game abandoned. would do no more than get the club briefly higher in the lower division "news", get a whole load of :roll: from many and then be "forgotten" again. It won't force any sale to be quicker or enable Mr Dai to find the funding to be able to finance a FL club.

Next, if it was successful, will fans try to do it for future home games and really screw the season, players, staff, officials over - not to mention the fans and players of other clubs as well as possibly leaving the club open to legal action from other clubs to reclaim their expenses in travelling.

Yep, all of the above are likely outcomes. If this were to be a clear one-off. I could support abandonment a little more but it is the one form of protest that has close to zero upside when it comes to saving the club and tons of downsides that may hinder or hasten what seems inevitable.

If people want to so it fine but at the moment this particular movement feels aimed more at making the potential participants feel better about themselves than having any positive outcome.

Would love to be wrong though.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 13 Jan 2024 09:46

Blackpool were slapped with a £50k fine when their fans got a game abandoned during their troubles with a warning that if repeated it would result in games being played behind closed doors.
Don`t really know how we would get the money to pay that, we haven`t got a pot to piss in.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 13 Jan 2024 09:54

I like you Stranded, you're a source of enjoyable football related content but your stance is a great example of why we are where we are.

Supporters have sat back and watched this all unfold in front of them for years and we have been the most patient set of supporters of all time. We are literally not going to exist this time next year unless people take a proper stand, sitting back and watching time is over. Tennis balls are meaningless. Protesting on the pitch after the match does nothing to help, after a match the eyes of the media and club higher ups turn to something else. The supporters in that stadium have to show the world just how they feel about our ownership and as many eyes need to be on it as possible. The only way to do this is to go early and get on the pitch to peacefully demonstrate. I am NOT endorsing damaging of property or fighting with stewards or police. I am endorsing going on the pitch, sitting down and not moving. Banners, posters, chanting etc. The game has to stop during play for it to make an impact.

And Windermere worried about fines??? There won't be a club to fine in a years time unless the strongest possible protest happens today. Is that a better solution for you?

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 13 Jan 2024 10:06

Can I ask what the purpose of abandonment is? There is an understandable "We must to do more, quickly" instinctive reaction, and the logical step is getting the game abandoned. But what do we think it will actually achieve?

I think our next steps need to be getting the political involvement going again, piling on whatever pressure we can on the EFL to intervene. We also need to see if we can get more open support from the players and staff; we all know they hate Dai and Pang as much as we do, and they could have far more impact. Let's say they refuse to travel to Fleetwood partly due to the hotel situation but also the situation of the club. Different stratosphere of attention.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 13 Jan 2024 10:16

WestYorksRoyal Can I ask what the purpose of abandonment is? There is an understandable "We must to do more, quickly" instinctive reaction, and the logical step is getting the game abandoned. But what do we think it will actually achieve?

I think our next steps need to be getting the political involvement going again, piling on whatever pressure we can on the EFL to intervene. We also need to see if we can get more open support from the players and staff; we all know they hate Dai and Pang as much as we do, and they could have far more impact. Let's say they refuse to travel to Fleetwood partly due to the hotel situation but also the situation of the club. Different stratosphere of attention.

To get that crook and his weasel sidekick in the national sporting headlines, there are still people out there unaware of our plight, while there are some that are rejoicing at our impending doom most real football fans are behind us.
The more we can embarrass this bastard the better.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 13 Jan 2024 10:22

If the idea of the pitch invasion is to get media attention then doing so at the end of the game makes little sense.

If SBWD don't want to upset the players or club -

Surely delaying the start of the game would be better as when other fans go to check the half time/full time scores the Reading result will only be a latest score and the media will need to explain why.

What disruption will a post-match invasion cause that will reach the media?

biff

by biff » 13 Jan 2024 10:23

WestYorksRoyal Can I ask what the purpose of abandonment is? There is an understandable "We must to do more, quickly" instinctive reaction, and the logical step is getting the game abandoned. But what do we think it will actually achieve?

Too sensible, doesn't give people the chance to appear hard on the Internet.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 13 Jan 2024 10:30

Do the people on here who want an abandoned game actually go anymore?

I’m in two minds about causing utter chaos as a protest but at a lot of us still make the effort to show up.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 13 Jan 2024 10:32

windermereROYAL

To get that crook and his weasel sidekick in the national sporting headlines, there are still people out there unaware of our plight, while there are some that are rejoicing at our impending doom most real football fans are behind us.
The more we can embarrass this bastard the better.

He doesn't care. He doesn't get embarrassed, if he did he'd have paid the players on time, he'd have paid the staff on time, he'd have paid the catering company the £250k he owes them, and he would have sold up by now.

I'm not saying don't do it, I'm not saying do do it. However, it's clear all this "the Chinese like to save face" bollocks spouted on here is not true in the case of this shameless piece of shit.

Ten Bobsworth

by Ten Bobsworth » 13 Jan 2024 10:34

WestYorksRoyal
Orion1871
WestYorksRoyal Plot thickens. Nelson apparently not keen on the idea and club have the option to extend his contract. Really being driven by Pang.

Obviously it's his home club, but taking emotion out of it and thinking about his career, surely it's a no brainer. Maybe there's a future where he stays, Dai sells, he captains us to promotion, stays into his 30s and we build him a statue. Seems pretty fcuking remote right now.

Perhaps if Abbey is to leave he'd like it to be by his own choice to the betterment of his career. Not just being sold to any old random club because Dai Yongge and his crony are crooked bastards.

Well it's everythings that's wrong with football really. Love the game as a kid, dream of playing for your home club, work hard and then have it fcuked up by dodgy characters ruining the industry.

I think I'm falling out of love with the game to be honest. I got a ticket to Spurs v Liverpool a few months ago where I'd normally be delighted to see some top level football. But the entire day was tainted by what Reading were going through; I couldn't simply enjoy the game. Clubs like Port Vale and Lincoln are arguably more enjoyable; no billionaire bastard will buy them, it's a world away from all this, as are local non league sides. I would probably quite enjoy following the phoenix club.

Dodgy characters ruining the industry? You don't mean Dale Vince do you?
Anyroad I quite like the look of the Piatak family who have bought Carlisle. Good luck to 'em, I say.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Jan 2024 10:34

NathStPaul
biff

You absolute pussies.

Ooh. You're hard.

No I just understand what is an effective protest and what isn't. Educate yourself a bit and you might too, see if you can manage it. Dork.

No, you know what is the most damaging protest.

JR

by JR » 13 Jan 2024 10:35

I agree that a post game protest will make little traction.

Also, the calls on the EFL/politicians to intervene through traditional methods are unlikely to be successful. Let’s not forget the EFL have already tried to disqualify Dai and force him to sell the club - that was rejected by the independent commission as being significantly disproportionate, so not sure EFL will be able to enforce anything until it’s too late.

With the lack of an ITV drama coming up, the only way SBWD will get traction is to regrettably move to more drastic measures. Being reasonable won’t help.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Jan 2024 10:38

NathStPaul I like you Stranded, you're a source of enjoyable football related content but your stance is a great example of why we are where we are.

Supporters have sat back and watched this all unfold in front of them for years and we have been the most patient set of supporters of all time. We are literally not going to exist this time next year unless people take a proper stand, sitting back and watching time is over. Tennis balls are meaningless. Protesting on the pitch after the match does nothing to help, after a match the eyes of the media and club higher ups turn to something else. The supporters in that stadium have to show the world just how they feel about our ownership and as many eyes need to be on it as possible. The only way to do this is to go early and get on the pitch to peacefully demonstrate. I am NOT endorsing damaging of property or fighting with stewards or police. I am endorsing going on the pitch, sitting down and not moving. Banners, posters, chanting etc. The game has to stop during play for it to make an impact.

And Windermere worried about fines??? There won't be a club to fine in a years time unless the strongest possible protest happens today. Is that a better solution for you?

Your protest changes nothing. It doesn’t encourage buyers, it won’t persuade Dai to go. It won't be wecomed by players or staff.

It's all downside.

Ten Bobsworth

by Ten Bobsworth » 13 Jan 2024 10:40

JR I agree that a post game protest will make little traction.

Also, the calls on the EFL/politicians to intervene through traditional methods are unlikely to be successful. Let’s not forget the EFL have already tried to disqualify Dai and force him to sell the club - that was rejected by the independent commission as being significantly disproportionate, so not sure EFL will be able to enforce anything until it’s too late.

With the lack of an ITV drama coming up, the only way SBWD will get traction is to regrettably move to more drastic measures. Being reasonable won’t help.

You could try pissing into the wind. That might help.

2661 posts