#SellBeforeWeDai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group

2661 posts
Uke
Hob Nob Legend

Re: “ Sell before we Dai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group v2.3b sponsored by Sports Direct Tennis Ba

by Uke » 13 Jan 2024 10:42

Where’s Zingarevich these days?

Oh https://www.insideworldfootball.com/202 ... s-staying/

The first of the pcunts

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

Re: “ Sell before we Dai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group v2.3b sponsored by Sports Direct Tennis Ba

by windermereROYAL » 13 Jan 2024 10:44

Snowflake Royal
NathStPaul I like you Stranded, you're a source of enjoyable football related content but your stance is a great example of why we are where we are.

Supporters have sat back and watched this all unfold in front of them for years and we have been the most patient set of supporters of all time. We are literally not going to exist this time next year unless people take a proper stand, sitting back and watching time is over. Tennis balls are meaningless. Protesting on the pitch after the match does nothing to help, after a match the eyes of the media and club higher ups turn to something else. The supporters in that stadium have to show the world just how they feel about our ownership and as many eyes need to be on it as possible. The only way to do this is to go early and get on the pitch to peacefully demonstrate. I am NOT endorsing damaging of property or fighting with stewards or police. I am endorsing going on the pitch, sitting down and not moving. Banners, posters, chanting etc. The game has to stop during play for it to make an impact.

And Windermere worried about fines??? There won't be a club to fine in a years time unless the strongest possible protest happens today. Is that a better solution for you?

Your protest changes nothing. It doesn’t encourage buyers, it won’t persuade Dai to go. It won't be wecomed by players or staff.

It's all downside.

So basically we`re in the coffin and just waiting for the lid to be nailed down.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 13 Jan 2024 10:45

Can I ask that, when the "leaders" of the pitch invasion steam onto the pitch, can they wear T-Shirts with their Hob Nob names on them so we can see if those on here are capable of walking the walk as well as talking the talk?

Otherwise you will all seem like a bunch of school kid keyboard warriors, all mouth and no trousers, waiting for mummy to tuck you up in bed before reading you a couple of chapters from The Gruffalo.

Ten Bobsworth

by Ten Bobsworth » 13 Jan 2024 10:50

Dale Vince has some good ideas.
Glue yourselves onto the road in front of the team bus or chain yourselves to the goalposts. That might work.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 13 Jan 2024 10:51

Snowflake Royal
NathStPaul I like you Stranded, you're a source of enjoyable football related content but your stance is a great example of why we are where we are.

Supporters have sat back and watched this all unfold in front of them for years and we have been the most patient set of supporters of all time. We are literally not going to exist this time next year unless people take a proper stand, sitting back and watching time is over. Tennis balls are meaningless. Protesting on the pitch after the match does nothing to help, after a match the eyes of the media and club higher ups turn to something else. The supporters in that stadium have to show the world just how they feel about our ownership and as many eyes need to be on it as possible. The only way to do this is to go early and get on the pitch to peacefully demonstrate. I am NOT endorsing damaging of property or fighting with stewards or police. I am endorsing going on the pitch, sitting down and not moving. Banners, posters, chanting etc. The game has to stop during play for it to make an impact.

And Windermere worried about fines??? There won't be a club to fine in a years time unless the strongest possible protest happens today. Is that a better solution for you?

Your protest changes nothing. It doesn’t encourage buyers, it won’t persuade Dai to go. It won't be wecomed by players or staff.

It's all downside.

I agree it’s all downside.

For me personally, I want to go on the pitch today. I appreciate that it’ll probably achieve nothing but no way am I standing by and watching this club cease to exist without doing anything.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Jan 2024 10:52

windermereROYAL
Snowflake Royal

It's all downside.

So basically we`re in the coffin and just waiting for the lid to be nailed down.

Yes. All the power sits with Dai.

The only options are to make liquidating the club more expensive to Dai than selling. Fans can't do this.

Or legislation giving an independent regulator the power to make a compulsory sale. The fans can't do that, and game abandonments will lose us sympathy in political circles.

Abandonments also worsen the club's already dreadful financial position,and league standing.

Game abandonments are akin to trying to force your neighbour to sell a property by burning it down.

I know people feel the need to do something so they feel like they're doing something, but it's an emotional reaction with no thought behind it and it's just not helpful. Action for the sake of action isn't helpful.

Big mouths like Nath who love to talk a big violent game are never going to be the ones doing it either. They're trying to set someone else up to do it so they feel billy big bollocks, but he won't even be there.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Jan 2024 10:55

blythspartan
Snowflake Royal

It's all downside.

For me personally, I want to go on the pitch today. I appreciate that it’ll probably achieve nothing but no way am I standing by and watching this club cease to exist without doing anything.

So do something else.

Make a banner. That's doing something
Write to the FL, the Sports minister, the shadow sports minister and your MP. That's doing something.
Go shit on the doorstep of Dai's house in London. That's doing something.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 13 Jan 2024 11:02

I'm fortunate that my local MP is sports minister. I haven't written to him yet as he's never replied to anything in the past, plus would he really care about a sports team miles away? But probably worth a shot now.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Jan 2024 11:04

WestYorksRoyal I'm fortunate that my local MP is sports minister. I haven't written to him yet as he's never replied to anything in the past, plus would he really care about a sports team miles away? But probably worth a shot now.

MPs care about correspondence. One letter here or there, they can ignore. 20 it's hard to ignore. 200, they can't ignore. Not least because they have to pay for the staff to deal with their post.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 13 Jan 2024 11:08

morganb If the idea of the pitch invasion is to get media attention then doing so at the end of the game makes little sense.

If SBWD don't want to upset the players or club -

Surely delaying the start of the game would be better as when other fans go to check the half time/full time scores the Reading result will only be a latest score and the media will need to explain why.

What disruption will a post-match invasion cause that will reach the media?

Agree here. People will just leave before full time so having a pitch invasion at the end is pointless

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 13 Jan 2024 11:10

Posted this also on rumours but Rob Edwards was asked last night after the Burnley game and denied anything was happening....he seems quite an front, no bullsh1t guy....

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 13 Jan 2024 11:11

I take the points of the sensible here but you are worrying about short term fines and FA charges. Surely the long term is what we need to be worrying about? To put it simply the club might not exist much longer, worrying about a 50k fine seems short sighted.

Ask the KSV Roeselare supporters if they wish they did more when they could.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 13 Jan 2024 11:23

Snowflake Royal
WestYorksRoyal I'm fortunate that my local MP is sports minister. I haven't written to him yet as he's never replied to anything in the past, plus would he really care about a sports team miles away? But probably worth a shot now.

MPs care about correspondence. One letter here or there, they can ignore. 20 it's hard to ignore. 200, they can't ignore. Not least because they have to pay for the staff to deal with their post.

I've emailed my MP, Robert Jenrick, a recent cabinet minister and a lawyer.

Be interesting if I get a response...will advise

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 13 Jan 2024 11:47

Snowflake Royal

Ok, so WYR coordinate as many people as possible to write to him. Give out his contact details and then bombard him every week with letters/emails. Coordinate and organise.

Clearly there needs to be a sustained campaign across media and representation to get this out there.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 13 Jan 2024 11:48

biff
WestYorksRoyal Can I ask what the purpose of abandonment is? There is an understandable "We must to do more, quickly" instinctive reaction, and the logical step is getting the game abandoned. But what do we think it will actually achieve?

I think our next steps need to be getting the political involvement going again, piling on whatever pressure we can on the EFL to intervene. We also need to see if we can get more open support from the players and staff; we all know they hate Dai and Pang as much as we do, and they could have far more impact. Let's say they refuse to travel to Fleetwood partly due to the hotel situation but also the situation of the club. Different stratosphere of attention.

Too sensible, doesn't give people the chance to appear hard on the Internet.

The FL can't actually do anything except apply their rules which means more points deductions and/or fines which don't actually help the situation. They aren't going to suddenly say "oh poor things let's be really helpful and supportive in their sodding about in games and towards other teams". At the end of the day the owner does not enough money (for whatever reason which may or may not be of his own making) to run the club so until he sells we're stuck in this situation and, to be honest, the more cr@p and fines various actions and demos generate in supposedly "hightening awareness" won't help the selling in the long run.

Delboy

by Delboy » 13 Jan 2024 11:52

Luton boss insists there is no truth in rumours Luton have made a bid for Reading duo . This is in the Luton press today !

biff

by biff » 13 Jan 2024 12:05

Sutekh
biff
WestYorksRoyal Can I ask what the purpose of abandonment is? There is an understandable "We must to do more, quickly" instinctive reaction, and the logical step is getting the game abandoned. But what do we think it will actually achieve?

I think our next steps need to be getting the political involvement going again, piling on whatever pressure we can on the EFL to intervene. We also need to see if we can get more open support from the players and staff; we all know they hate Dai and Pang as much as we do, and they could have far more impact. Let's say they refuse to travel to Fleetwood partly due to the hotel situation but also the situation of the club. Different stratosphere of attention.

Too sensible, doesn't give people the chance to appear hard on the Internet.

The FL can't actually do anything except apply their rules which means more points deductions and/or fines which don't actually help the situation. They aren't going to suddenly say "oh poor things let's be really helpful and supportive in their sodding about in games and towards other teams". At the end of the day the owner does not enough money (for whatever reason which may or may not be of his own making) to run the club so until he sells we're stuck in this situation and, to be honest, the more cr@p and fines various actions and demos generate in supposedly "hightening awareness" won't help the selling in the long run.

Exactly. People (youth and knuckledraggers) conflating "doing something" with invading the pitch so a few thousand people watching sky sports news get the message. Are they expecting national headlines? Good grief. We go about this properly (as SBWD are doing) or not at all.

JR

by JR » 13 Jan 2024 12:10

Snowflake Royal
blythspartan
Snowflake Royal Your protest changes nothing. It doesn’t encourage buyers, it won’t persuade Dai to go. It won't be wecomed by players or staff.

It's all downside.

So do something else.

Make a banner. That's doing something
Write to the FL, the Sports minister, the shadow sports minister and your MP. That's doing something.
Go shit on the doorstep of Dai's house in London. That's doing something.

We can disagree with on form of protests within the fan base, but I think you make a very important point that everyone should be writing to their local MP, the Reading MPs (Alok Sharma and Matt Rodda) and the sports minister, to raise their significant concerns.

It takes a few minutes and as you say is a numbers games for MPs and ministers.

MIM Royal

by MIM Royal » 13 Jan 2024 12:16

To those thinking of pitch invasions, or getting games abandoned...........

Our best form has coincided with the absence of disruptive protests to games.

Game abandonment actions don't have my support, nor that of many others. Dai doesn't care; it's his money, his club. If he chooses to fund from sale of assets he owns, his choice. He wants the best price possible, which takes time and progress isn't in the public domain for others to see, until its done.

If you don't like it, don't go to games, full stop. Are we in a good place, no. Will this action improve the prospects of getting a new or better owner, no. Think with your head. If you want point deductions for the club, and lifetime bans then its down to your stupidity. But don't moan if things get worse as a result.

Am a +55 years supporter of the club, seen us from Div 4, 3 and 2 to the PL, Elm Park to Wembley and back. These are undoubtedly some of the worst days, but don't misplace rash actions with predictable negative outcomes as a sign of misguided support for the club.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 13 Jan 2024 12:17

2661 posts