#SellBeforeWeDai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group

2661 posts
Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

Re: “ Sell before we Dai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group v2.3b sponsored by Sports Direct Tennis Ba

by Royal_jimmy » 13 Jan 2024 12:19

MIM Royal To those thinking of pitch invasions, or getting games abandoned...........

Our best form has coincided with the absence of disruptive protests to games.

Game abandonment actions don't have my support, nor that of many others. Dai doesn't care; it's his money, his club. If he chooses to fund from sale of assets he owns, his choice. He wants the best price possible, which takes time and progress isn't in the public domain for others to see, until its done.

If you don't like it, don't go to games, full stop. Are we in a good place, no. Will this action improve the prospects of getting a new or better owner, no. Think with your head. If you want point deductions for the club, and lifetime bans then its down to your stupidity. But don't moan if things get worse as a result.

Am a +55 years supporter of the club, seen us from Div 4, 3 and 2 to the PL, Elm Park to Wembley and back. These are undoubtedly some of the worst days, but don't misplace rash actions with predictable negative outcomes as a sign of misguided support for the club.

I don't think anyone really wants to get games abandoned. But unfortunately if you want your children/grandchildren/great grandchildren to have a club to support then sometimes radical action is needed.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: “ Sell before we Dai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group v2.3b sponsored by Sports Direct Tennis Ba

by Brogue » 13 Jan 2024 12:23

leon Do the people on here who want an abandoned game actually go anymore?

I’m in two minds about causing utter chaos as a protest but at a lot of us still make the effort to show up.

I’m going leon, if you’re in the upper west come say hi!

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 13 Jan 2024 12:49

Fully support whatever non violent protests that are planned. And you might be surprised how much support there is within the club itself.

biff

by biff » 13 Jan 2024 12:54

Royal_jimmy
MIM Royal To those thinking of pitch invasions, or getting games abandoned...........

Game abandonment actions don't have my support, nor that of many others. Dai doesn't care; it's his money, his club. If he chooses to fund from sale of assets he owns, his choice. He wants the best price possible, which takes time and progress isn't in the public domain for others to see, until its done.

If you don't like it, don't go to games, full stop. Are we in a good place, no. Will this action improve the prospects of getting a new or better owner, no. Think with your head. If you want point deductions for the club, and lifetime bans then its down to your stupidity. But don't moan if things get worse as a result.

Am a +55 years supporter of the club, seen us from Div 4, 3 and 2 to the PL, Elm Park to Wembley and back. These are undoubtedly some of the worst days, but don't misplace rash actions with predictable negative outcomes as a sign of misguided support for the club.

I don't think anyone really wants to get games abandoned. But unfortunately if you want your children/grandchildren/great grandchildren to have a club to support then sometimes radical action is needed.

So the game gets abandoned, how does that mean my grandkids get to support Reading in the future? Outline the steps

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Jan 2024 12:56

Royal_jimmy

No one, anywhere, has said how getting a game abandoned makes the longterm survival of the club more likely.

Because it doesn't.

biff

by biff » 13 Jan 2024 13:04

Game abandoned, a fine we cant pay, a points deduction we cant wear, and a small headline on sky sports news for a viewership of about 200k. Mental. Do it at the end, sit in.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 13 Jan 2024 13:14

I’m in two minds about causing utter chaos as a protest but at a lot of us still make the effort to show up.

I've gone full 180 on this stuff in the past week or 2. Always been of the opinion the players need full support on the day and protests can happen outside the 90 minutes (tennis balls during are fine though) , but I have started to think the club folding is a genuine possibility for the first time recently, and with the players all pretty much up for sale over the next 3 weeks I am now very much in the 'f*ck it, just bring on chaos' mindset

I would rather have regrets about protesting and having a game abandoned and replayed behind closed doors, than have regrets that I sat by and did nothing while the club folded because I was too worried about the impact of my actions

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Jan 2024 13:20

Winston Biscuit

I've gone full 180 on this stuff in the past week or 2. Always been of the opinion the players need full support on the day and protests can happen outside the 90 minutes (tennis balls during are fine though) , but I have started to think the club folding is a genuine possibility for the first time recently, and with the players all pretty much up for sale over the next 3 weeks I am now very much in the 'f*ck it, just bring on chaos' mindset

I would rather have regrets about protesting and having a game abandoned and replayed behind closed doors, than have regrets that I sat by and did nothing while the club folded because I was too worried about the impact of my actions

Why don't we at least wait until the players have actually gone and relegation is a certainty before we take making it a certainty into out own hands.

I mean what difference does abandoning games in February make compared to January?

None.

Sebastian the Red

by Sebastian the Red » 13 Jan 2024 13:21

Snowflake Royal
WestYorksRoyal I'm fortunate that my local MP is sports minister. I haven't written to him yet as he's never replied to anything in the past, plus would he really care about a sports team miles away? But probably worth a shot now.

MPs care about correspondence. One letter here or there, they can ignore. 20 it's hard to ignore. 200, they can't ignore. Not least because they have to pay for the staff to deal with their post.

Lolz.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Jan 2024 13:22

How many games do people think the FL will let us get abandoned efore we play all games behind closed doors and lose all matchday revenue?

1 or 2? 3 maybe?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Jan 2024 13:26

Sebastian the Red
Snowflake Royal
WestYorksRoyal I'm fortunate that my local MP is sports minister. I haven't written to him yet as he's never replied to anything in the past, plus would he really care about a sports team miles away? But probably worth a shot now.

MPs care about correspondence. One letter here or there, they can ignore. 20 it's hard to ignore. 200, they can't ignore. Not least because they have to pay for the staff to deal with their post.

Lolz.

Obviously it would be far more effective to form a lobbying group and give them 10s of thousands of pounds in hospitality and campaign finance.

Or secretly provide them with free call girls or rent boys.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 13 Jan 2024 13:38

Unless a fair group have got together and organised something, this could all be a bit of a shambles, with no real plan for what's going to happen and when.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 13 Jan 2024 13:39

Just saw my mate at the ground who is a senior steward. He said there will be no match abandonment even if there is a pitch invasion.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Jan 2024 13:48

Brogue Just saw my mate at the ground who is a senior steward. He said there will be no match abandonment even if there is a pitch invasion.

The stewards have no say in this. How does he propose the game finishes with people on the pitch?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Jan 2024 13:50

One final thing about abandonments.

People want to do this because of the real possibility the club ceases to exist.

So ask yourself this. Do you want to have already seen the last Reading FC home result you ever will? Or do you want to see as many as you can while we still exist?

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 13 Jan 2024 13:56

Snowflake Royal
Brogue Just saw my mate at the ground who is a senior steward. He said there will be no match abandonment even if there is a pitch invasion.

The stewards have no say in this. How does he propose the game finishes with people on the pitch?

He told me that they all had a briefing before the game from the police. and have been told there will be no abandonment. The police are aware of the Twitter chat and have prepared accordingly. it’s no if’s no buts. Fans will be removed from the pitch and the game will continue

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Jan 2024 13:59

Brogue
Snowflake Royal

He told me that they all had a briefing before the game from the police. and have been told there will be no abandonment. The police are aware of the Twitter chat and have prepared accordingly. it’s no if’s no buts. Fans will be removed from the pitch and the game will continue

Fine if it's 20, how do they think they'll remove 3000?

Abandonment is the ref's call too.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 13 Jan 2024 14:00

Snowflake Royal
Brogue
Snowflake Royal The stewards have no say in this. How does he propose the game finishes with people on the pitch?

Fine if it's 20, how do they think they'll remove 3000?

Abandonment is the ref's call too.

Ref has been briefed too…

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 13 Jan 2024 14:06

So I just went round and spoke to him again, he doubled down he said all fans will be removed from the stadium and it will take place behind closed doors. The game will NOT be abandoned.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Jan 2024 14:08

Brogue So I just went round and spoke to him again, he doubled down he said all fans will be removed from the stadium and it will take place behind closed doors. The game will NOT be abandoned.

I didn’t disbelieve what he said, I disbelieve that they can achieve it if enough people go on the pitch.

And if things get violent, the plan will change.

This is a plan for up to a few hundred, or if people get bored quickly.

2661 posts