#SellBeforeWeDai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group

2661 posts
Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

Re: #SellBeforeWeDai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group

by Greatwesternline » 15 Jan 2024 20:14

windermereROYAL It`s over £84k now, how much does a statue cost for goodness sake?

This is the problem with crowd funds. Good problem to have.

Really the money should just go to a collection of good causes in Stoke. I'm sure there are plenty of mental health charities that could do good work in Stoke easing the stress of supporting Port Vale.

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 15 Jan 2024 20:44

Greatwesternline
windermereROYAL It`s over £84k now, how much does a statue cost for goodness sake?

Really the money should just go to a collection of good causes in Stoke. I'm sure there are plenty of mental health charities that could do good work in Stoke easing the stress of supporting Port Vale.

:lol:

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 15 Jan 2024 21:05

I'd guess about 100k given that's how much the target is. HTH.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 15 Jan 2024 21:56

According to the 10 Bob Bolton Bore we could buy our club for less than that.

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 15 Jan 2024 22:11

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 15 Jan 2024 22:39

tl;dw

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 15 Jan 2024 22:42

Think a spontaneous movement has started on Twitter to leave bad reviews for Les Ambassedeurs club and name Dai. Not bad.

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 15 Jan 2024 22:57

Would a protest on this roundabout work near the club?

https://www.google.com/maps/@51.5051812 ... ?entry=ttu

grey_squirrel

by grey_squirrel » 15 Jan 2024 23:02

shadesrwrf
Greatwesternline

:lol:

It;s a good/nice supportive, voluntary and generous offering and gesture. Symbolic, yes. Could the money have been better appropriated? Undeniably, yes, but it underscores the solidarity across footballing divides. Right now WE need all the help and sponsors we can get. Vale are, and always have been, a good bunch.

fred sharpes nose

Re: “ Sell before we Dai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group v2.3b sponsored by Sports Direct Tennis Ba

by fred sharpes nose » 16 Jan 2024 02:20

https://www1.hkexnews.hk/listedco/listc ... 900262.pdf

may explain it - sounds crooked for sure

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 16 Jan 2024 05:49

Is everything Dai has ever done based on make believe money?

I'm actually questioning it now. Take loan off company, invest in personal project, liquidate company with massive debt, start again.

Reason we have disqualification and banning of directors in this country. Does the same actually apply in China?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Jan 2024 08:40

Probably the £100k target.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 16 Jan 2024 08:42

Snowflake Royal

Probably the £100k target.

I think we’ve now donated £7k, which is bloody good going.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 16 Jan 2024 08:43

Reading4eva https://youtu.be/a7vpiM0GY30?si=qJrbZBBrTbcgPihp

Don't click this link folks, it is for his Bournemouth related YouTube channel. He is a Bournemouth supporter trying to pick up numbers for his channel by capitalising on the misery of the Reading supporters. Do not give him the satisfaction.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 16 Jan 2024 08:46

After the protests if you were Dai what would you do?
A) Realise you'd made a mess of things and after being told off by the EFL pay up and see the club right to the end of the season
B) Ignore everything and stop funding the club.

I don't think we need a poll.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 16 Jan 2024 08:55

So, does Dai come to the UK still or is he now permanently holed up in China?

If/when he comes into the country does he have his only private jet? Which airport would he fly into?

When Mike Ashley visited the SCL using his company helicopters people were able to identify them and trace his movements.

Is this something we can do with Dai's plane and get people to approach him when he lands?

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 16 Jan 2024 08:57

morganb So, does Dai come to the UK still or is he now permanently holed up in China?

If/when he comes into the country does he have his only private jet? Which airport would he fly into?

When Mike Ashley visited the SCL using his company helicopters people were able to identify them and trace his movements.

Is this something we can do with Dai's plane and get people to approach him when he lands?

Why would you want to do this? What does this achieve? Sell it to me.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 16 Jan 2024 09:01

NathStPaul
morganb So, does Dai come to the UK still or is he now permanently holed up in China?

Why would you want to do this? What does this achieve? Sell it to me.

Couldn't we just find some mercenaries to shoot it down as it lands?

Ten Bobsworth

by Ten Bobsworth » 16 Jan 2024 09:37

Vision

According to the 10 Bob Bolton Bore we could buy our club for less than that.

What I actually said, maybe it went above your head, was that the BWFC Supporters Trust wanted to have preferred bidder status and managed to raise all of £50K in 2016 towards that end.

I think we can safely say that owner, Eddie Davies, knew that the ST was no more than a group of daydreaming amateurs and, despite other alleged offers, sold his shares to Anderson/Holdsworth for £1 with ED arranging/agreeing asset sales and loans and providing additional guarantees of limited funds to Ken Anderson to help get over the cash flow issues.

ED was tough and resourceful but as squeaky clean as any businessman you are ever likely to encounter so I found it interesting that he would have put any trust or faith in Ken Anderson with his previous reputation, but he did. It was a unique solution and it worked remarkably well for two years despite Anderson having to carry Dean Holdsworth as an obstructive and unaffordable passenger.

Anderson was, in effect, acting as Administrator without any of the legal protections or the remuneration that Admins get.

It seemed to me that KA was more experienced and considerably better value for money than the Admins that eventually came in. They tried to deny Anderson's entitlement to the security for the loan monies he had personally taken responsibility for.

It didn't work. KA always seemed to be one step ahead of them and, though they would have loved to have caught him out, they couldn't lay a glove on him. It seemed to annoy them. It seemed to annoy them a lot.

Could KA do a job for Reading? It seems like a long shot to me but somebody appears to have at least considered the idea.
Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on 16 Jan 2024 10:53, edited 1 time in total.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 16 Jan 2024 09:40

People pushing for more pitch invasions, not sure what traction it will get, but for me Saturday sent out a big message and achieved it`s goals, any more will be counter productive and do more damage than good.
It will almost certainly stop fans coming if they`re uncertain of seeing a full game.

2661 posts