Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: #SellBeforeWeDai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group

by Brogue » 17 Jan 2024 16:22

power post ^

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 17 Jan 2024 16:22

marcusopp "We're still talking to people," said Pang. "I ask our fans to be patient."

Sorry fellas, we're being impatient getting upset at points deductions, unpaid players and staff and transfer embargoes.

His "be patient" comment has made me angrier the more I think about it. We would be patient if Dai was fulfilling his responsibilities as owner. Give all your staff assurances they'll be paid on time, let them work in a heated office, give your players food and away game accommodation, give your manager a chance to succeed instead of selling players behind his back. Then we'll be patient. Until you start doing that, shut the fcuk up and sell the club.

And as for the pitch invasion affecting staff wellbeing, fcuk you; you've done 1000 times as much as the fans to harm them.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 17 Jan 2024 16:26

WestYorksRoyal
marcusopp "We're still talking to people," said Pang. "I ask our fans to be patient."

Sorry fellas, we're being impatient getting upset at points deductions, unpaid players and staff and transfer embargoes.

His "be patient" comment has made me angrier the more I think about it. We would be patient if Dai was fulfilling his responsibilities as owner. Give all your staff assurances they'll be paid on time, let them work in a heated office, give your players food and away game accommodation, give your manager a chance to succeed instead of selling players behind his back. Then we'll be patient. Until you start doing that, shut the fcuk up and sell the club.

And as for the pitch invasion affecting staff wellbeing, fcuk you; you've done 1000 times as much as the fans to harm them.

This.

Zero communication hasn’t helped from dai

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Jan 2024 18:41

SouthDownsRoyal
Sebastian the Red
SouthDownsRoyal Who is the lawyer

Ian, I think.

Ian royal is a lawyer?

I have a few connections to lawyers I believe. One of them is a nobber, but he's a bit of a loveable twat.

I don't think the two day course I've done on the law, plus the one on how to be a professional witness in Court are quite on a par with passing the Bar. But if you pay me enough I'll give it a go.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 17 Jan 2024 18:51

Statement on club website, Mr Dai has agreed to sell the club at the earliest opportunity and has engaged lawyers to assist in the disposal etc.. Can someone upload the statement? Does this mean he will be selling or is it just another delaying tactic? Has last weeks protest and the following coverage really got to him and is now looking to get out? Only time will tell.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 17 Jan 2024 18:53

Another club statement saying the same thing. Trying to sell, be patient. Says nothing new, but the weekend and the attention generated has undoubtedly had an impact. Hopefully they have got the message that vacuous statements will not appease us.

Matt Slater from the Athletic not impressed.

https://twitter.com/mjshrimper/status/1 ... 2148013170

I’m aware of three different bidders who have heard nothing from Dai & his representatives for weeks. Try harder. That’s a very low bar to clear.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 17 Jan 2024 19:08

Statement appears to have a little more detail attached to it, might be something, might not.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 17 Jan 2024 19:34

A few observers noting that this statement looks much more lawyery, which may be a sign of them getting more involved.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 17 Jan 2024 19:56

WestYorksRoyal A few observers noting that this statement looks much more lawyery, which may be a sign of them getting more involved.

Definitely written by someone different to the previous statements.

So either from the lawyers now involved or someone has invested in better AI.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 17 Jan 2024 20:26

WestYorksRoyal

Exactly all this

I bet Nigel Howe has no involvement in any sale and it's a smokescreen to reduce can unrest being a trusted rep for the club and who understands the Reading way.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 17 Jan 2024 20:35

Royal_jimmy
WestYorksRoyal

Exactly all this

I bet Nigel Howe has no involvement in any sale and it's a smokescreen to reduce can unrest being a trusted rep for the club and who understands the Reading way.

No, it's just that Nigel Howe is as bent as the rest of them.

Para Handy

by Para Handy » 17 Jan 2024 21:26

Clyde1998
72 bus
Royal_jimmy
Giving grief to Dai's family might help get to him more

You don't target peoples family if they are not involved full stop.

Agreed. If anything, targeting family members will probably make him double down.

Hi Clyde.
Don't post often these days but just wanted to say how much I enjoy your posts. Very balanced. Admiral effort on the Port Vale forum to explain.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 17 Jan 2024 21:48

Pepe the Horseman
SouthDownsRoyal
Sebastian the Red
Ian, I think.

Ian royal is a lawyer?

He was the inspiration for the Harvey Specter character on Suits. They had to tone down the sex appeal though.

Judge Rinder wasn’t it?

traff

by traff » 17 Jan 2024 22:01

Clyde1998
traff
Lower West

Not at all. Saturdays action has inflicted huge damage to the club. Something that is being conveniently ignored.

Exactly!

Bet no one can name a single protest in history that caused short-term pain and went on to create a positive change.

Suffragettes; the Easter Rising; the Revolutions of 1989; the poll tax riots to name a few.

Not a fan of sarcasm I see?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 17 Jan 2024 22:41

traff
Clyde1998
traff
Exactly!

Bet no one can name a single protest in history that caused short-term pain and went on to create a positive change.

Suffragettes; the Easter Rising; the Revolutions of 1989; the poll tax riots to name a few.

Not a fan of sarcasm I see?

:lol: you had me as well tbh

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 17 Jan 2024 23:41

Pepe the Horseman
Royal_jimmy
WestYorksRoyal His "be patient" comment has made me angrier the more I think about it. We would be patient if Dai was fulfilling his responsibilities as owner. Give all your staff assurances they'll be paid on time, let them work in a heated office, give your players food and away game accommodation, give your manager a chance to succeed instead of selling players behind his back. Then we'll be patient. Until you start doing that, shut the fcuk up and sell the club.

Exactly all this

No, it's just that Nigel Howe is as bent as the rest of them.

lol

Dai out
Howe out
Bowen out

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 17 Jan 2024 23:42

Para Handy
Clyde1998
72 bus
You don't target peoples family if they are not involved full stop.

Agreed. If anything, targeting family members will probably make him double down.

Hi Clyde.
Don't post often these days but just wanted to say how much I enjoy your posts. Very balanced. Admiral effort on the Port Vale forum to explain.

Hi para handy long time no see

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 18 Jan 2024 07:41

Stranded
WestYorksRoyal A few observers noting that this statement looks much more lawyery, which may be a sign of them getting more involved.

The statement definitely looks like it’s been done by a lawyer.

Also, if Pang was heavily involved in the Holmes deal he hasn’t done a bad job in my opinion. Holmes had 6 months of his contract left and we are getting a fee, Holmes back until the end of the season and he’s off the wage bill.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 18 Jan 2024 07:50

blythspartan
Stranded

The statement definitely looks like it’s been done by a lawyer.

Also, if Pang was heavily involved in the Holmes deal he hasn’t done a bad job in my opinion. Holmes had 6 months of his contract left and we are getting a fee, Holmes back until the end of the season and he’s off the wage bill.

Wouldn't give him too much credit - Holmes had 18 months left. Would also imagine that details such as the loan back etc were sorted by Bowen (in conversation with both Luton and Holmes - would imagine Holmes played a big part in staying on) once he was told it was happening.

savage 4 england

by savage 4 england » 18 Jan 2024 08:10

Based on the statement yesterday it sounds like Nigel Howe is going to be a very busy man. Lawyers do not actively sell businesses despite what Suits tells you. They will provide a data room with relevant financials and documents for a buyer to view and they can answer any legal questions.

So seemingly Nigel will have to originate any buyers, negotiate with them and coordinate any requests. Naturally employees in the business will be helping with requests to some extent (e.g. the FD).

Seems Dai won’t even pay an M&A advisor to sell the club.

Or it could imply we don’t have many interested parties :wink:
Last edited by savage 4 england on 18 Jan 2024 08:15, edited 1 time in total.

2661 posts