#SellBeforeWeDai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group

2661 posts
WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: #SellBeforeWeDai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group

by WestYorksRoyal » 18 Jan 2024 15:47

blythspartan
WestYorksRoyal
NathStPaul That complete charlatan Alex Crook reporting that Sam Smith could be off very soon.

Not familiar with his reporting record. Anyhow, will give a good indication of how serious Dai is about selling the club.

How much more can you get selling a L1 club over a L2 club? That's how much Sam Smith is worth to him. Sell him for peanuts and it's a sign that once again statements are lip service only.

If he goes the writings on the wall.

Tbf, all he reported is that he is attracting interest. Of course he us, he's a top L1 striker and everyone knows about our situation. I expect half our squad is attracting interest.

But so far the only deals accepted were for Holmes with a loan back and Abbey. Abbey leaving would make me sad, but it would not be as disastrous as Wing, Smith or Azeez. Those are the big 3, Knibbs and Abbey in 4th and 5th for importance. Yiadom probably 6th.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 18 Jan 2024 15:50

Winston Biscuit A quick look at X, formally known as twitter, shows a handful of fan groups promoting this 16th minute clap, and the responses from their own fans are almost universally laughter, stating they will obviously not do it, and then conversations starting up about things we have done in the past etc as to why they would not support a club like ours

I have no idea who's idea this was but its massively misguided and shows a total lack of awareness and understanding IMO.

Twitter, rather like radio phone-ins, tends to be dominated by people with an axe to grind, and isn't really representative of the true picture.

That said, I can't imagine many, perhaps beyond those where the real risk of their club dying is a recent memory, will care too much about us. To most we are probably just seen as moaning about an owner refusing to spend.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 18 Jan 2024 15:53

tmesis
Winston Biscuit A quick look at X, formally known as twitter, shows a handful of fan groups promoting this 16th minute clap, and the responses from their own fans are almost universally laughter, stating they will obviously not do it, and then conversations starting up about things we have done in the past etc as to why they would not support a club like ours

I have no idea who's idea this was but its massively misguided and shows a total lack of awareness and understanding IMO.

Twitter, rather like radio phone-ins, tends to be dominated by people with an axe to grind, and isn't really representative of the true picture.

That said, I can't imagine many, perhaps beyond those where the real risk of their club dying is a recent memory, will care too much about us. To most we are probably just seen as moaning about an owner refusing to spend.

I get the impression most other fans are already a bit sick of hearing about it tbh.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 18 Jan 2024 16:00

It was other clubs and organisations like FSA not Sell Before We Dai. So personally I think the criticism is rather unfair.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 18 Jan 2024 16:01

RoyalBlue

It was other clubs and organisations like FSA not Sell Before We Dai. So personally I think the criticism is rather unfair.

my criticism isn't about who started it. Its the campaign itself. Will only do more harm than good.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Jan 2024 16:27

WestYorksRoyal
NathStPaul That complete charlatan Alex Crook reporting that Sam Smith could be off very soon.

Not familiar with his reporting record. Anyhow, will give a good indication of how serious Dai is about selling the club.

How much more can you get selling a L1 club over a L2 club? That's how much Sam Smith is worth to him. Sell him for peanuts and it's a sign that once again statements are lip service only.

It's a range obviously, but £5m difference is a pretty reasonable estimate from what I've seen.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 18 Jan 2024 16:37

Greatwesternline
Armadillo Roadkill As recently as this week the EFL have recognised Reading's transparency about the finances. That suggests to me the club have been meeting their reporting obligations.

If, in year two of the three year period over which losses can be spread, the reporting suggests the club will struggle to reign in the losses in year three, there's notthing the EFL can do to force the club to make better decisions.

Yep. For a number of years the club was blowing money away and doing so transparently! The EFL then informed them they had broken the rules. Reading did everything in knowledge of the rules.

Here's the thing though, we could've just survived post Gourlay.

We were on a soft embargo on Gomes' summer because we were struggling under FFP so we couldn't afford Oliveira's requested wages even though he was available on a free. We wanted to offload McCleary, Gunter & Baldock to free up substantial wages but it never happened and so we hadn't added to the squad that finished the season and the loanees who saved us from relegation had all gone back. . When we went on that pre season tour only Virginia (LOL) had been added I think. The 3 amigos were even asked to join but only Baldock agreed. We subsequently added Morrison during the tour and possibly Charlie Adam around the same time.

Then Dai does a deal with the stadium as a work around but instead of using the money to offset the previous follies he goes all in on Puscas, Joao, Ejaria plus expensive loans (Boye,Miazga) etc for HIS Premier League dream.

TLDR: We had a chance to right this ship but all he ever wanted was to be a Premier League owner so oxf*rd it up.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 18 Jan 2024 17:27

Today has seen the launch of a new Twitter account: @Propaganda1871

Please see below comment on the account:

This account is set-up with the goal of getting Chinese govt, state media, Chinese overseas communities, and a very engaged China Watcher community on Twitter aware of Reading FC’s problems with Dai Yongge.

The account will engage with #SellBeforeWeDai messaging on Twitter. It will also be tagging relevant accounts to increase visibility (EFL, EFL Comms, The FA, Premier League, UEFA, FIFA, UK MPs, PRC govt twitter accounts as well as state media and other relevant accounts). Please do feel free to take content from this account and share it widely across socials - the wider it goes, the more likely it will be seen.

Content will be drafted, aimed at embarrassing Dai, alluding to CCP/PRC policies. We’re also doctoring propaganda posters to feature Dai.

The ultimate goal here is to get people talking about Reading FC, and to see the issue on Chinese social media (Weibo, Weixin) and to be discussed in prominent media channels in the UK.

The aim is for this to be done in a way that gives Reading FC fans something to smile about, and have a bit of fun with! We also really need everyone’s help.

Follow the account, turn on notifications for all posts, and like RT, comment, Quote Tweet. Any way you can get this out and about.

All we ask is that we keep in mind that our target here is Dai – not China or Chinese people, so please try to avoid any comments that could be interpreted as discriminatory or offensive to people form China/of Chinese heritage. If in doubt, try to post in a different way.

Finally, its important to point out that once there is critical mass of people and a spotlight on this aspect, then the intention is to up the ante (denials of more scandal and controversy involving Dai that we’re monitoring in Chinese media/Chinese sources).

The team behind this account will remain anonymous, at least until Reading FC get the news we are all so desperately after, that Dai has sold the club.

We hope you enjoy this account as much we’re going to enjoy running it.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 18 Jan 2024 17:48

:|

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 18 Jan 2024 17:50

maffff Today has seen the launch of a new Twitter account: @Propaganda1871

This account is set-up with the goal of getting Chinese govt, state media, Chinese overseas communities, and a very engaged China Watcher community on Twitter aware of Reading FC’s problems with Dai Yongge.

The account will engage with #SellBeforeWeDai messaging on Twitter. It will also be tagging relevant accounts to increase visibility (EFL, EFL Comms, The FA, Premier League, UEFA, FIFA, UK MPs, PRC govt twitter accounts as well as state media and other relevant accounts). Please do feel free to take content from this account and share it widely across socials - the wider it goes, the more likely it will be seen.

Content will be drafted, aimed at embarrassing Dai, alluding to CCP/PRC policies. We’re also doctoring propaganda posters to feature Dai.

The ultimate goal here is to get people talking about Reading FC, and to see the issue on Chinese social media (Weibo, Weixin) and to be discussed in prominent media channels in the UK.

The aim is for this to be done in a way that gives Reading FC fans something to smile about, and have a bit of fun with! We also really need everyone’s help.

Follow the account, turn on notifications for all posts, and like RT, comment, Quote Tweet. Any way you can get this out and about.

All we ask is that we keep in mind that our target here is Dai – not China or Chinese people, so please try to avoid any comments that could be interpreted as discriminatory or offensive to people form China/of Chinese heritage. If in doubt, try to post in a different way.

Finally, its important to point out that once there is critical mass of people and a spotlight on this aspect, then the intention is to up the ante (denials of more scandal and controversy involving Dai that we’re monitoring in Chinese media/Chinese sources).

The team behind this account will remain anonymous, at least until Reading FC get the news we are all so desperately after, that Dai has sold the club.

Hope he hasn't got any powerful friends....

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 18 Jan 2024 17:54

maffff All we ask is that we keep in mind that our target here is Dai – not China or Chinese people, so please try to avoid any comments that could be interpreted as discriminatory or offensive to people form China/of Chinese heritage. If in doubt, try to post in a different way.

Obligatory...

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 18 Jan 2024 18:10

Para Handy Hi Clyde.
Don't post often these days but just wanted to say how much I enjoy your posts. Very balanced. Admiral effort on the Port Vale forum to explain.

Thank you. I do try to view people's points from their perspective and attempt to give complete responses in order to adequately answer any points and questions I respond to. In general, I've found that if you act in good faith towards people, they'll act in good faith back - even if they don't agree with your point.

Sadly, a large percentage of internet interactions, especially somewhere like Twitter, are just people 'shouting' at each other; you can't have a serious discussion about anything in that environment.

The Port Vale fans on their forum were mostly sympathetic, but didn't realise the extent or complete context of the situation. The wider footballing community seem to have taken notice, and are growing in understanding, of our situation.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 18 Jan 2024 18:26

Derby fans seem to be very vocal in their dislike of Reading, which could make next week interesting.

Portsmouth too, where somehow singing "pay up, Pompey" means we wanted them to go bust, rather than a comment on them avoiding debts by going into administration.

In truth, if Derby sing songs about us going bust, it's not going to make it onto the top 10 of things I'm bothered about that day.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 18 Jan 2024 18:30

tmesis

Twitter isn't very representative of general society at all. In 2021, it was estimated that Twitter sees about 97% of tweets produced by 25% of its users (figures for the US), whilst only about a quarter of (UK) adults use Twitter at least multiple times a week ('use' is subjective, as it could mean anything from viewing posts to posting themselves). It's likely less than 10% of people in the UK make up over 95% of tweets made in the UK.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 18 Jan 2024 18:35

tmesis Derby fans seem to be very vocal in their dislike of Reading, which could make next week interesting.

Portsmouth too, where somehow singing "pay up, Pompey" means we wanted them to go bust, rather than a comment on them avoiding debts by going into administration.

In truth, if Derby sing songs about us going bust, it's not going to make it onto the top 10 of things I'm bothered about that day.

Yes, I`ve seen this this on multiple occasions since it emerged we were in the shit.
Of course we were the one and only team where possibly less than 10% of the entire fan base gave them a hard time, but lets punish a 100% because of that.
Mostly clueless kids on X anyway, best to ignore them however annoying it is.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 18 Jan 2024 18:55

According to the presser The team can stay in a hotel for the Wigan game, the fee for TM won’t be going to Dai and we’re speaking to the EFL about incomings (this shocks me).

It sounds like we’re in talks with 2 to 4 interested parties to take over the club and it might be a partial sell (i.e., Dai keeps the training ground).

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 18 Jan 2024 18:56

TH not TM

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 18 Jan 2024 19:09

blythspartan According to the presser The team can stay in a hotel for the Wigan game, the fee for TM won’t be going to Dai and we’re speaking to the EFL about incomings (this shocks me).

It sounds like we’re in talks with 2 to 4 interested parties to take over the club and it might be a partial sell (i.e., Dai keeps the training ground).

Let's wait and see. Bowen is in an impossible place on communication. When he's quiet, we all ask where he is. But when he speaks, he can only go off what Pang tells him, who we know is full of shit. I don't doubt the sincerity of his comments today, but that doesn't mean I believe them. Though the hotel is probably true; imagine the farce if they turn up at the Wigan Premier Inn to find Dai put the money on red.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 19 Jan 2024 05:29

Is that account not offensive in itself? It comes across as a Chinese pisstake, but maybe I just don't get it.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 19 Jan 2024 05:55

Pepe the Horseman

Is that account not offensive in itself? It comes across as a Chinese pisstake, but maybe I just don't get it.

Yeah must admit that I honestly thought it was a fan of another club taking the piss to revel in our shit a bit.

Get the idea now, like the thought process behind it but it may offend the wrong people, which may also have the wanted effect. Internet is weird like that.

2661 posts