#SellBeforeWeDai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group

2661 posts
Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: #SellBeforeWeDai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group

by Brogue » 20 Jan 2024 10:42

Snowflake Royal Those who do it, thanks its appreciated.

Those who don't, no worries. Please just lend your voice to any club getting shafted by shit owners who can't manage finance and support proper regulation. It's not just us for us. There's loads of others who could and are following in our footsteps, and every single club is a bad owner and a half dozen years from where we are.

Agreed it needs to be an initiative for all
Clubs

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 20 Jan 2024 10:43

Top of the mother fcuking page

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Jan 2024 10:44

Brogue

Those who don't, no worries. Please just lend your voice to any club getting shafted by shit owners who can't manage finance and support proper regulation. It's not just us for us. There's loads of others who could and are following in our footsteps, and every single club is a bad owner and a half dozen years from where we are.

Clubs

I think that's one thing SBWD etc have done well. They've engaged with other clubs who have issues and made it about the issue in general, not only about us.

Esteban

by Esteban » 20 Jan 2024 13:18

Snowflake Royal
Brogue

Clubs

I think that's one thing SBWD etc have done well. They've engaged with other clubs who have issues and made it about the issue in general, not only about us.

Agreed. Would be good to hear some support for Nuneaton Borough during the game today too.

Webster750

by Webster750 » 21 Jan 2024 23:07

Is anybody keeping up with this Reading FC Propaganda Department account on Twitter that SBWD are running (I’m assuming so anyway given maffff’s previous post)?

I’m not entirely sure why it’s still going. Nobody is really engaging with it, and, it seemed a pretty odd thing to try and execute anyway.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 22 Jan 2024 00:38

Webster750 Is anybody keeping up with this Reading FC Propaganda Department account on Twitter that SBWD are running (I’m assuming so anyway given maffff’s previous post)?

I’m not entirely sure why it’s still going. Nobody is really engaging with it, and, it seemed a pretty odd thing to try and execute anyway.

Yeh appreciate the effort, but I just don't get it.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 22 Jan 2024 08:03

Not really sure I appreciate the effort, it seems like a lame joke got out of hand, the sort of thing you come up with on a drunken night out that seemed funny through the beer haze.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Jan 2024 08:27

From Despair To Where? Not really sure I appreciate the effort, it seems like a lame joke got out of hand, the sort of thing you come up with on a drunken night out that seemed funny through the beer haze.

It seems a pretty classic run out of ideas so just do something, anything, shit to still be seen to be doing something.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 22 Jan 2024 08:29

Either way, flogging a dead horse.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Jan 2024 08:30

From Despair To Where? Either way, flogging a dead horse.

Are we still talking about the twitter thing, or did we move on to the club?

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 22 Jan 2024 17:32

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 22 Jan 2024 17:33

Tbe right decision.

OLLIE KEARNS

by OLLIE KEARNS » 22 Jan 2024 17:48

Going on the pitch tomorrow would be a worse own goal than the Mbengue debacle at Cheltenham. Taking the historic Blackpool pitch invasion punishment as a benchmark the points deductions that would follow makes relegation a very likely outcome and further lost cashflow from abandonment and subsequent ground closure could actually finish us off.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 22 Jan 2024 18:14

Yes sensible advise.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 22 Jan 2024 18:32

Derby won't e as forgiving as Port Vale.....I seem to remember us baiting them when they had their issues.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 22 Jan 2024 18:54

WestYorksRoyal Tbe right decision.

+1

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 22 Jan 2024 20:11

Yeah we can't go on the pitch again for a while, if at all. It did its job, it drove the conversation in the mainstream media.

We need to target the decision makers within Parliament and at the EFL/FA. We need help from those who wield power, forget Dai for now as he's not remotely bothered and I doubt he even realises the level of animosity directed at him.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 22 Jan 2024 20:53

Ascotexgunner Derby won't e as forgiving as Port Vale.....I seem to remember us baiting them when they had their issues.

There's no doubt that some of our fans don't know when to wind their necks in, but it was kind of funny to see them taking the moral high ground in some twitter posts, only for some Middlesbrough fans to turn up and remind them that their saintly fans waved money at the Boro fans when it was announced that the steelworks there was closing down.

Overall though, there doesn't seem to be a desire among the support to do a repeat of last Saturday. It's possible that small number will 'go rogue' and try it again, but if it is only a handful, the stewards will probably just get them off.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 22 Jan 2024 21:10

tmesis
Ascotexgunner Derby won't e as forgiving as Port Vale.....I seem to remember us baiting them when they had their issues.

There's no doubt that some of our fans don't know when to wind their necks in, but it was kind of funny to see them taking the moral high ground in some twitter posts, only for some Middlesbrough fans to turn up and remind them that their saintly fans waved money at the Boro fans when it was announced that the steelworks there was closing down.

Overall though, there doesn't seem to be a desire among the support to do a repeat of last Saturday. It's possible that small number will 'go rogue' and try it again, but if it is only a handful, the stewards will probably just get them off.

How times have changed. Pitch invasions used to be dealt with quickly with police horses and dogs. Now 2 old coppers, weeks from retirement stroll on, say to the protestors "would you mind moving", protestors say "no", coppers say "ok well that's that" and walk off.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 22 Jan 2024 21:20

You would hope that our current experience may mature a few of the stone island wearing Green Street extra yoofs in our fanbase to have more sympathy when another club goes through this experience in the future.

2661 posts