#SellBeforeWeDai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group

2661 posts
tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

Re: #SellBeforeWeDai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group

by tmesis » 22 Jan 2024 21:40

Ascotexgunner
tmesis
Ascotexgunner Derby won't e as forgiving as Port Vale.....I seem to remember us baiting them when they had their issues.

There's no doubt that some of our fans don't know when to wind their necks in, but it was kind of funny to see them taking the moral high ground in some twitter posts, only for some Middlesbrough fans to turn up and remind them that their saintly fans waved money at the Boro fans when it was announced that the steelworks there was closing down.

Overall though, there doesn't seem to be a desire among the support to do a repeat of last Saturday. It's possible that small number will 'go rogue' and try it again, but if it is only a handful, the stewards will probably just get them off.

How times have changed. Pitch invasions used to be dealt with quickly with police horses and dogs. Now 2 old coppers, weeks from retirement stroll on, say to the protestors "would you mind moving", protestors say "no", coppers say "ok well that's that" and walk off.

Wasn't there a police horse charge when one fan went on during the Reading v Wigan PO Semi-Final?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 22 Jan 2024 21:46

I think that was more pre-emptive to stop us charging at the away end, much like the Wigan fans did in the first leg, golf balls in hand. Although, to be fair, we were down one side if the ground and just about matched them numbers wise.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Jan 2024 22:42

Ascotexgunner
tmesis
Ascotexgunner Derby won't e as forgiving as Port Vale.....I seem to remember us baiting them when they had their issues.

There's no doubt that some of our fans don't know when to wind their necks in, but it was kind of funny to see them taking the moral high ground in some twitter posts, only for some Middlesbrough fans to turn up and remind them that their saintly fans waved money at the Boro fans when it was announced that the steelworks there was closing down.

Overall though, there doesn't seem to be a desire among the support to do a repeat of last Saturday. It's possible that small number will 'go rogue' and try it again, but if it is only a handful, the stewards will probably just get them off.

How times have changed. Pitch invasions used to be dealt with quickly with police horses and dogs. Now 2 old coppers, weeks from retirement stroll on, say to the protestors "would you mind moving", protestors say "no", coppers say "ok well that's that" and walk off.

It's called progress. And being too strapped for cash to pay the Police.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Jan 2024 22:43

tmesis
Ascotexgunner
tmesis There's no doubt that some of our fans don't know when to wind their necks in, but it was kind of funny to see them taking the moral high ground in some twitter posts, only for some Middlesbrough fans to turn up and remind them that their saintly fans waved money at the Boro fans when it was announced that the steelworks there was closing down.

Wasn't there a police horse charge when one fan went on during the Reading v Wigan PO Semi-Final?

Not at Reading, pretty sure I'd have remembered that.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 22 Jan 2024 22:44

tmesis
Ascotexgunner
tmesis There's no doubt that some of our fans don't know when to wind their necks in, but it was kind of funny to see them taking the moral high ground in some twitter posts, only for some Middlesbrough fans to turn up and remind them that their saintly fans waved money at the Boro fans when it was announced that the steelworks there was closing down.

What a game though. Atmosphere was the best ever at the Madejski, at least till that point. I remember so much noise and chaos at the end. Seemed like there were dogs horses, police everywhere

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 22 Jan 2024 23:20

tmesis
Ascotexgunner

I wasn't at that game. From the season review video, there were horses on the pitch but I don't know whether there was a charge: https://youtu.be/OcAB7FD7Ro8?si=VDteuzy8rvRlSpNK&t=3734

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 23 Jan 2024 19:11

For the love of god... No more pitch invasions and no more tennis balls or any other form of match disruption.

The above have done their job and might I say have done it very well, all thanks to SBWD. But now is the time to stop, and find something that'll draw attention to the cause without jeopardising the club further. We're lucky to get away with a suspended sanction; let's not make things worse.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 24 Jan 2024 09:51

shadesrwrf For the love of god... No more pitch invasions and no more tennis balls or any other form of match disruption.

The above have done their job and might I say have done it very well, all thanks to SBWD. But now is the time to stop, and find something that'll draw attention to the cause without jeopardising the club further. We're lucky to get away with a suspended sanction; let's not make things worse.

Let's just see what happens, if we get another points deduction we need to take the protests to London and the EFL.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 24 Jan 2024 12:16

Clyde1998 I wasn't at that game. From the season review video, there were horses on the pitch but I don't know whether there was a charge: https://youtu.be/OcAB7FD7Ro8?si=VDteuzy8rvRlSpNK&t=3734

There wasn't a charge but I remember one copper screaming "Get back you c***, get back" at me.

They were just stopping Reading fans going anywhere near the away supporters after the first leg.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 24 Jan 2024 16:47

Maguire
Clyde1998 I wasn't at that game. From the season review video, there were horses on the pitch but I don't know whether there was a charge: https://youtu.be/OcAB7FD7Ro8?si=VDteuzy8rvRlSpNK&t=3734

There wasn't a charge but I remember one copper screaming "Get back you c***, get back" at me.

They were just stopping Reading fans going anywhere near the away supporters after the first leg.

I don't know the definition of a charge. I'll take your word for it, but there were plenty of police on horses going past where I was, at great speed. I mean more than trotting anyway...

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 24 Jan 2024 16:51

bcubed
Maguire

I don't know the definition of a charge. I'll take your word for it, but there were plenty of police on horses going past where I was, at great speed. I mean more than trotting anyway...

There was definitely one game where some minor pitch incursion resulted in a mounted policeman charging his horse onto the pitch from the tunnel in the SE corner. It seemed a complete overreaction.

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 24 Jan 2024 16:55

Cardiff second leg of the playoffs?

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 24 Jan 2024 18:14

I think that was Millwall, as I recall I took my daughter to her first and last game, she had no interest in anything except the police horses.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 25 Jan 2024 10:01

tmesis Wasn't there a police horse charge when one fan went on during the Reading v Wigan PO Semi-Final?
Best Game Ever.
Balloon invasion (Murty was dispossessed by a cheeky interception from a balloon)
Pitch Invasion
Police Horses on the pitch
Late winner
Playoff Semi
Floodlights
Atmosphere
Full Home Stands
Full Away End
Positivity

Was just missing Robin Friday popping up to score from the halfway line and celebrate by knocking a policeman's helmet off in front of 200,000 fans to be the perfect home game.

We may also have had the matchball delivered by one of more helicopters, maybe a world record helicopter abseiling attempt and Mr Woo or Jack the Dog as halftime entertainment..... can't remember any of that if we did, that's how great the game was.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 25 Jan 2024 10:03

Reading v Derby protest - One person threw a tennis ball onto the pitch at half time, came from either the Lower West near the away fans or it was one of the away fans (seemed to come from that direction, but doesn't make sense that it would have been thrown by them)

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 25 Jan 2024 10:15

Forbury Lion Reading v Derby protest - One person threw a tennis ball onto the pitch at half time, came from either the Lower West near the away fans or it was one of the away fans (seemed to come from that direction, but doesn't make sense that it would have been thrown by them)

Makes perfect sense Forbury. Some clown amongst the Derby lot who was either trying to stir things up or simply saw it as an act of irony. Tellor also referred to it in his commentary.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 25 Jan 2024 10:54

Forbury Lion
tmesis Wasn't there a police horse charge when one fan went on during the Reading v Wigan PO Semi-Final?
Best Game Ever.
Balloon invasion (Murty was dispossessed by a cheeky interception from a balloon)
Pitch Invasion
Police Horses on the pitch
Late winner
Playoff Semi
Floodlights
Atmosphere
Full Home Stands
Full Away End
Positivity

Was just missing Robin Friday popping up to score from the halfway line and celebrate by knocking a policeman's helmet off in front of 200,000 fans to be the perfect home game.

We may also have had the matchball delivered by one of more helicopters, maybe a world record helicopter abseiling attempt and Mr Woo or Jack the Dog as halftime entertainment..... can't remember any of that if we did, that's how great the game was.

It was on my birthday.

Kept the programme and managed to get it signed by Fozzy and Ady at the q&a at the legion last month.

jd82
Hob Nob Addict

by jd82 » 25 Jan 2024 11:02

tmesis
bcubed
Maguire

There was definitely one game where some minor pitch incursion resulted in a mounted policeman charging his horse onto the pitch from the tunnel in the SE corner. It seemed a complete overreaction.

Cardiff on boxing day - after Federici scored an injury time equaliser

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 25 Jan 2024 12:11

Maguire

So he'd met you before then?

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 26 Jan 2024 14:56

Thinking about the worldwide publicity from the Chinese v's Pianoman video, I wonder if a few Reading fans with SellBeforeWeDai banners/T Shirts stopping by to watch his next piano performance might get the attraction of viewers in China? - Maybe they can wear Dai Yongge facemasks and shout "Do not touch her, you are not the same age".... her being a 150+ year old football club based in Reading.

2661 posts