#SellBeforeWeDai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group

2661 posts
Delboy

Re: #SellBeforeWeDai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group

by Delboy » 11 Mar 2024 07:56

Next protest needs to be outside of Chinese embassy they can influence Dai and would not be happy at him embarrassing them

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 11 Mar 2024 09:16

Delboy Next protest needs to be outside of Chinese embassy they can influence Dai and would not be happy at him embarrassing them

+1

Don't let him complete the hat trick.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 11 Mar 2024 09:21

It seems like protests do superficially work. Most times we have got traction with the club and got the most effort out of Dai pretending to sell, it has been off the back of protests.

Perhaps we need to be clearer that protests only end if the club survives. We should gear up for long term disobedience campaign to make his life as uncomfortable as we legally can if we're liquidated.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Mar 2024 10:03

Delboy Next protest needs to be outside of Chinese embassy they can influence Dai and would not be happy at him embarrassing them

They wouldn't give two shits.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 11 Mar 2024 10:10

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 11 Mar 2024 10:36

Snowflake Royal

I heard people, who seem pretty well versed in Chinese culture, say the opposite. Seemingly they don't like to be embarrassed in the wider world, particularly with regard to commercial dealings, and don't take kindly to any of their citizens who are thought to be responsible for that.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Mar 2024 10:56

RoyalBlue
Snowflake Royal

I heard people, who seem pretty well versed in Chinese culture, say the opposite. Seemingly they don't like to be embarrassed in the wider world, particularly with regard to commercial dealings, and don't take kindly to any of their citizens who are thought to be responsible for that.

It wouldn’t register a blip.

The Chinese Gov don't care about the UK. We're an irrelevance to them.

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 11 Mar 2024 10:57

RoyalBlue
Snowflake Royal

Yeh I'd actually think the points of most discomfort for Dai would be from his overlords. The protest outside Parliament? Not so much.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 11 Mar 2024 11:18

RoyalBlue
Snowflake Royal

They aren't as well versed in Chinese culture as Ian Royal though. All those years of studying wasted when Ian knows it all already.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 11 Mar 2024 11:32

Snowflake Royal
RoyalBlue
Snowflake Royal They wouldn't give two shits.

Beware of diplomatic incidents

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Mar 2024 12:17

Orion1871
RoyalBlue

They aren't as well versed in Chinese culture as Ian Royal though. All those years of studying wasted when Ian knows it all already.

God, you're obnoxiously stupid.

Yes, I'm sure that is a cultural thing, fine. But to think a couple of hundred fans of a small UK football team shouting a bit outside an embassy of a world super power once is going to register with anyone to do anything about one private citizen's private ownership of that club is bonkers.

Why don't you ask the victims of Chinese human rights abuses what effect a few protests outside the Chinese embassy has had to help them.

The Chinese only lose face from something if they give a oxf*rd about it.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 11 Mar 2024 15:07

Snowflake Royal

I'm inclined to agree with Ian on this one. Tomorrow's chip paper in China. It's hardly a tipping point considering the shit that's going on with his businesses back home.

They wouldn't even be bothered to send out a couple of heavies to beat protesters up like they do with the Tibetans.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 12 Mar 2024 08:43

From Despair To Where?
Snowflake Royal

I'm inclined to agree with Ian on this one. Tomorrow's chip paper in China. It's hardly a tipping point considering the shit that's going on with his businesses back home.

They wouldn't even be bothered to send out a couple of heavies to beat protesters up like they do with the Tibetans.

Does Reading have any Tibetan fans?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 12 Mar 2024 09:07

Calling Lhasa_Royal to the thread.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 12 Mar 2024 11:16

Snowflake Royal
Orion1871
RoyalBlue

Yes, I'm sure that is a cultural thing, fine. But to think a couple of hundred fans of a small UK football team shouting a bit outside an embassy of a world super power once is going to register with anyone to do anything about one private citizen's private ownership of that club is bonkers.

Why don't you ask the victims of Chinese human rights abuses what effect a few protests outside the Chinese embassy has had to help them.

This

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 12 Mar 2024 12:13

Sutekh
From Despair To Where?

Does Reading have any Tibetan fans?

The Dalai Lama used to go to the Standard Tandoori, don't know where he gets a curry these days

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 12 Mar 2024 12:43

SouthDownsRoyal
Snowflake Royal
Orion1871

This

IIRC according to the academic Mike Gow, they do seemingly care more about reputation re business dealings - strange though that seems, I know.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 12 Mar 2024 12:48

I'd suggest Dai's business reputation is well and truly on its arse as it is with all the goings on at Dilli.

A football club who's revenues are dwarfed by the local branch of Tesco is of very little reputational concern. We're a crumb in his business empire.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 12 Mar 2024 21:25

stealthpapes

:lol: :lol:

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 13 Mar 2024 13:40

Snowflake Royal
RoyalBlue

Loads of big contracts between the UK and China, mostly benefitting China. Not ideal if there's publicity about a Chinese Businessman behaving badly capturing the headlines when other more reputable Chinese Businesspersons are tendering for contracts, especially if it's a contract the Chinese Government want to be won.

If anyone is involved with China, please drop Dai Yongge into the conversation, even it it's just the Chippy in Buckland Road (best Chippy in Reading, run by the same Chinese family for more than 30 years that I know of. Very popular with queues out the door, still only accept payment in cash so maybe doesn't appear as popular in the accounts/the eyes of the taxman :wink: )

2661 posts