#SellBeforeWeDai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group

2661 posts
PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: #SellBeforeWeDai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group

by PieEater » 14 Mar 2024 18:00

The Royal Forester Can someone from SBWD or STAR let us know what is going to happen to funds raised "to save the club" this month or to "pay for a staff party" before Christmas? It is not needed by the club now, so will the donors be reimbursed?

They could offer to use the cash to hire portaloos at the new training ground.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 14 Mar 2024 18:15

Micah is up to his normal tricks the fucking virgin, we`re already gone blah blah blah, getting games abandoned won`t make any difference blah blah blah.
Why the shitting how is it always him with his small army of kiddy followers?
Lets get this straight, if we have a team in August it will be a more attractive team to follow in L1 rather than L2.
I`m staggered, I really am.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 14 Mar 2024 18:27

windermereROYAL Micah is up to his normal tricks the fucking virgin, we`re already gone blah blah blah, getting games abandoned won`t make any difference blah blah blah.
Lets get this straight, if we have a team in August it will be a more attractive team to follow in L1 rather than L2.

The negative impact of getting any more games abandoned is obvious, but I've yet to see any argument put forward by anyone saying what the positive impact would be.

While I can see the the argument that doing nothing doesn't help, doing something that's worse than doing nothing doesn't seem to be a logical answer.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 14 Mar 2024 18:30

tmesis
windermereROYAL Micah is up to his normal tricks the fucking virgin, we`re already gone blah blah blah, getting games abandoned won`t make any difference blah blah blah.

The negative impact of getting any more games abandoned is obvious, but I've yet to see any argument put forward by anyone saying what the positive impact would be.

While I can see the the argument that doing nothing doesn't help, doing something that's worse than doing nothing doesn't seem to be a logical answer.

I guess more attention. Fans willing to do it again with the suspended penalty.

I think we've all got enough coverage and would get a less sympathy if we do it again. Though I am disappointed by the lack of coverage today.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 14 Mar 2024 18:33

tmesis

People getting a nice warm feeling thinking they're taking positive action, when in fact what they're doing will only harm the club further and won't make Sweet FA's difference to the one person to blame for all of this.

It's the "Well, we've got to do something" line of reasoning...

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 14 Mar 2024 18:53

He's doing more than you ever have.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 14 Mar 2024 19:16

The Royal Forester Can someone from SBWD or STAR let us know what is going to happen to funds raised "to save the club" this month or to "pay for a staff party" before Christmas? It is not needed by the club now, so will the donors be reimbursed?

More fool those who gave their hard earned money just to go into a bottomless pit.

under the tin

by under the tin » 14 Mar 2024 19:24

SouthDownsRoyal

More fool those who gave their hard earned money just to go into a bottomless pit.

You just accurately described most football club owners in that one sentence.
The whole model is broken.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 14 Mar 2024 19:30

SouthDownsRoyal

Royal Forrester does make a great point.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 14 Mar 2024 19:39

Re potential protests aimed at Dai.

There’s only one thing for it. We need to do what Britain always does best when dealing with the Chinese.

Has anyone tried selling him some smack?

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 14 Mar 2024 19:43

under the tin
SouthDownsRoyal

You just accurately described most football club owners in that one sentence.
The whole model is broken.

I don’t disagree but fans putting good money after a basket case if a club, money that was never going to achieve anything was pretty foolish despite the intensions being good.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 14 Mar 2024 20:03

NathStPaul
SouthDownsRoyal

Royal Forrester does make a great point.

Try taking some lessons then instead of being a total arsehole all the time.

Royal Monkey

by Royal Monkey » 14 Mar 2024 20:27

andrew1957 As far as I can see the only way you can make sense of the decision to sell the training ground is if Dai is going to pocket that money. He would be crazy to put it in the club as it will just get squandered and he has effectively made the club unsaleable by his action. So looks to me like this is the final nail in the coffin for RFC.

Perhaps he is just a sick F*** who just gets some sort of pleasure destroying football clubs.

This exactly.
He could have sold the club, stadium and bearwood by now and walked away but he hasn’t.
Does anyone really believe he gonna hand over this £22 Mill to fund the club ? I truly believe this is going straight in his pocket and this is the beginning of the end.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 14 Mar 2024 20:43

Royal Monkey
andrew1957 As far as I can see the only way you can make sense of the decision to sell the training ground is if Dai is going to pocket that money. He would be crazy to put it in the club as it will just get squandered and he has effectively made the club unsaleable by his action. So looks to me like this is the final nail in the coffin for RFC.

Perhaps he is just a sick F*** who just gets some sort of pleasure destroying football clubs.

This exactly.
He could have sold the club, stadium and bearwood by now and walked away but he hasn’t.
Does anyone really believe he gonna hand over this £22 Mill to fund the club ? I truly believe this is going straight in his pocket and this is the beginning of the end.

It's against UK company law for an owner to take money out of an insolvent company.

by 9165 » 14 Mar 2024 20:47

Even my missus who has about as much interest in football as I have in synchronised swimming, is appalled by the latest shenanigans. When I told her we (RFC) are the 6th oldest team in England and may well go out of business in the summer, her words were "that must be illegal" . No, but I wish it was.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 14 Mar 2024 20:53

Elm Park Kid
Royal Monkey

This exactly.

It's against UK company law for an owner to take money out of an insolvent company.

It's against Chinese law to do a lot of the things he has been accused of doing there.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 14 Mar 2024 20:57

Elm Park Kid
Royal Monkey

This exactly.

This was missed at the time, but it appears Bearwood is now owned by another Dai company.

https://twitter.com/maffff/status/1768286329085792586

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 14 Mar 2024 21:03

WestYorksRoyal
tmesis

I guess more attention. Fans willing to do it again with the suspended penalty.

I think we've all got enough coverage and would get a less sympathy if we do it again. Though I am disappointed by the lack of coverage today.

A large chunk of the coverage was, I'm sure, due to their being very few premier league games that weekend. A second abandonment won't get anywhere near as much attention, and I'm not even sure media attention is going to help now. I'm really not sure what will.

I think from the outside, us selling our training ground isn't seen as much of a story . It's just seen as something we are doing to stay afloat. The "asset strip then liquidate" angle isn't registering, and won't until liquidation is announced.

I really don't think there's much that we, as a fan base, can do, other than hope somebody comes in and buys the club at what must be a much-reduced price.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Mar 2024 21:41

I don’t think there is anything that will ‘help’ sadly. It’s just whether the twat who owns the club decides to finally sell whatever is left of the club itself or not

Hit home a bit this evening, my 14 year old was telling the wife about all this, broke into tears. And he isn’t an emotional kid really

Think last weekend there was 10 of his mates watching the game together, getting the bus up etc. my younger son was in a group of 5. Older one went to every home game last year even when I’d long given up on watching Paul Ince’s rubbish

Fcuk all for to do in Reading for teenagers etc and it’s another thing taken away by some greedy tosser who is in a strop because he lost his ‘bet’

It sucks

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 14 Mar 2024 21:54

Hound Fcuk all for to do in Reading for teenagers etc and it’s another thing taken away by some greedy tosser who is in a strop because he lost his ‘bet’

It sucks

The level of incompetence all round does really make me wonder if this was all just some money-laundering thing.

Get the dodgy money out of China, get rid of anyone at the club who might have known what was going, splash it on absurd fees/salaries (with a friendly agent getting a cut everywhere), then sell up and get back 'clean' money, ideally from selling a premier league club, but if not, anything is better than nothing.

2661 posts