#SellBeforeWeDai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group

2661 posts
NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: #SellBeforeWeDai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group

by NathStPaul » 14 Mar 2024 21:57

Hound I don’t think there is anything that will ‘help’ sadly. It’s just whether the twat who owns the club decides to finally sell whatever is left of the club itself or not

Hit home a bit this evening, my 14 year old was telling the wife about all this, broke into tears. And he isn’t an emotional kid really

Think last weekend there was 10 of his mates watching the game together, getting the bus up etc. my younger son was in a group of 5. Older one went to every home game last year even when I’d long given up on watching Paul Ince’s rubbish

Fcuk all for to do in Reading for teenagers etc and it’s another thing taken away by some greedy tosser who is in a strop because he lost his ‘bet’

It sucks

Those are the people I feel sorry for the most. There's something magical about going to games as a youngster with your mates. I won't ever forget walking to Elm Park in a big group, shouting stuff at the opposition supporters, buying a dodgy burger and then enjoying the normally subpar football on show.

To think that the local youth of today might lose that joy is very sad.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 14 Mar 2024 22:09

Elm Park Kid
Royal Monkey
andrew1957 As far as I can see the only way you can make sense of the decision to sell the training ground is if Dai is going to pocket that money. He would be crazy to put it in the club as it will just get squandered and he has effectively made the club unsaleable by his action. So looks to me like this is the final nail in the coffin for RFC.

Perhaps he is just a sick F*** who just gets some sort of pleasure destroying football clubs.

This exactly.
He could have sold the club, stadium and bearwood by now and walked away but he hasn’t.
Does anyone really believe he gonna hand over this £22 Mill to fund the club ? I truly believe this is going straight in his pocket and this is the beginning of the end.

It's against UK company law for an owner to take money out of an insolvent company.

1. RFC Bearwood Ltd isn't at risk of insolvency
2. Dai would be extracting the money as a creditor (i.e. repayment of debt), not as the owner

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 14 Mar 2024 22:14

Elm Park Kid
Royal Monkey
andrew1957 As far as I can see the only way you can make sense of the decision to sell the training ground is if Dai is going to pocket that money. He would be crazy to put it in the club as it will just get squandered and he has effectively made the club unsaleable by his action. So looks to me like this is the final nail in the coffin for RFC.

Perhaps he is just a sick F*** who just gets some sort of pleasure destroying football clubs.

This exactly.
He could have sold the club, stadium and bearwood by now and walked away but he hasn’t.
Does anyone really believe he gonna hand over this £22 Mill to fund the club ? I truly believe this is going straight in his pocket and this is the beginning of the end.

It's against UK company law for an owner to take money out of an insolvent company.

You're so confident for someone who is talking about things you don't understand.

RFC is not insolvent. It is about to be given £20m in cash. With that money it pays it's players wages till the end of the season, makes everyone else redundant. Then returns the remaining £16m odd to it's only other creditor: Dai Yonge.

It's not illegal to take money out of your own company if you don't owe anyone else any money.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 14 Mar 2024 22:17

Speaking to someone at the club today and there is real fear now. Even the most senior figures don't understand what Dai and Pang are doing and they can't rule out 'shenanigans'.

I know that every course of action seems futile at the moment - but the only thing that has a chance of working is putting as much pressure on the authorities as possible to intervene. I see people making honest suggestions here on what the club can do, but trust me that this is now out of their hands.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 14 Mar 2024 22:28

Elm Park Kid Speaking to someone at the club today and there is real fear now. Even the most senior figures don't understand what Dai and Pang are doing and they can't rule out 'shenanigans'.

I know that every course of action seems futile at the moment - but the only thing that has a chance of working is putting as much pressure on the authorities as possible to intervene. I see people making honest suggestions here on what the club can do, but trust me that this is now out of their hands.

Can we have a club mutiny? Howe, Odell and Bowen put out some sort of statement that they're no longer taking orders from above and fcuk them? Don't know if it would help anything but would feel good.

I guess they (rightly) feel obligated to keep cooperating and bringing possible buyers to the table, even if deep down they know it counts for nothing.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 14 Mar 2024 22:39

Sadly this is now like being in a car heading for a crash, you’re in the driving seat but your hands and ankles are tied up

Once were Biscuitmen

by Once were Biscuitmen » 14 Mar 2024 23:05

WestYorksRoyal
Elm Park Kid Speaking to someone at the club today and there is real fear now. Even the most senior figures don't understand what Dai and Pang are doing and they can't rule out 'shenanigans'.

Can we have a club mutiny? Howe, Odell and Bowen put out some sort of statement that they're no longer taking orders from above and fcuk them? Don't know if it would help anything but would feel good.

I guess they (rightly) feel obligated to keep cooperating and bringing possible buyers to the table, even if deep down they know it counts for nothing.

Sadly I think it's more likely they feel they have no option but to resign at some point.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 15 Mar 2024 00:31

WestYorksRoyal

Oldham hold the title of the first ex premiership club to fall into the National League. Still get gates of 7k. Have a local owner. People pulling together in the same direction could create a new beginning for RFC.

traff

by traff » 15 Mar 2024 02:18

Lower West
WestYorksRoyal

Oldham hold the title of the first ex premiership club to fall into the National League. Still get gates of 7k. Have a local owner. People pulling together in the same direction could create a new beginning for RFC.

Also concerned that the EFL will point to our demise as the fault of the EPL, not to agree to a deal on funding. We will be used as pawns for leverage, for the impotent twats to get a few extra quid out of the Premier League. As we disappear, they will then claim it as a victory, blame everyone else for our death whilst they continue to steal a living off its members. Not fit for purpose, like most of the incompetent leeches that run/ruin the beautiful game.

Delboy

by Delboy » 15 Mar 2024 07:57

What about the staff surely redundancies if the deal goes ahead

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 15 Mar 2024 08:17

traff
Lower West
WestYorksRoyal Can we have a club mutiny? Howe, Odell and Bowen put out some sort of statement that they're no longer taking orders from above and fcuk them? Don't know if it would help anything but would feel good.

Also concerned that the EFL will point to our demise as the fault of the EPL, not to agree to a deal on funding. We will be used as pawns for leverage, for the impotent twats to get a few extra quid out of the Premier League. As we disappear, they will then claim it as a victory, blame everyone else for our death whilst they continue to steal a living off its members. Not fit for purpose, like most of the incompetent leeches that run/ruin the beautiful game.

The PL deal does matter, but ultimately it's about more money which isn't everything. If the EFL had had an extra 20% TV revenue when Dai bought us, do you think his reign would have gone any differently? I actually have sympathy with Steve Parish's argument that they shouldn't be giving extra money to billionaire Championship owners to piss away on their gamble to reach the PL.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Mar 2024 08:25

tmesis
windermereROYAL Micah is up to his normal tricks the fucking virgin, we`re already gone blah blah blah, getting games abandoned won`t make any difference blah blah blah.
Why the shitting how is it always him with his small army of kiddy followers?
Lets get this straight, if we have a team in August it will be a more attractive team to follow in L1 rather than L2.
I`m staggered, I really am.

The negative impact of getting any more games abandoned is obvious, but I've yet to see any argument put forward by anyone saying what the positive impact would be.

While I can see the the argument that doing nothing doesn't help, doing something that's worse than doing nothing doesn't seem to be a logical answer.

I think abandonments are the ultimate last resort and oxf*rd you to Dai and the footballing world.

Only to be carried out when there's nothing more to lose in terms of L1 status.

So if we're effectively relegated before the end of the season, or have some sort of confirmation the club is being liquidated, then we get every remaining game abandoned.

Ultimately, even if its as late as the 60th minute of the last game and we're losing when we need to win.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 15 Mar 2024 08:33

Snowflake Royal
tmesis
windermereROYAL Micah is up to his normal tricks the fucking virgin, we`re already gone blah blah blah, getting games abandoned won`t make any difference blah blah blah.
Why the shitting how is it always him with his small army of kiddy followers?
Lets get this straight, if we have a team in August it will be a more attractive team to follow in L1 rather than L2.
I`m staggered, I really am.

The negative impact of getting any more games abandoned is obvious, but I've yet to see any argument put forward by anyone saying what the positive impact would be.

While I can see the the argument that doing nothing doesn't help, doing something that's worse than doing nothing doesn't seem to be a logical answer.

I think abandonments are the ultimate last resort and oxf*rd you to Dai and the footballing world.

So if we're effectively relegated before the end of the season, or have some sort of confirmation the club is being liquidated, then we get every remaining game abandoned.

Ultimately, even if its as late as the 60th minute of the last game and we're losing when we need to win.

Are there point deduction related penalties for delaying matches from starting? For example putting a ring of supporters around the stadium and car park so that all access is blocked? Think that might be the way to go rather than invading the field of play.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Mar 2024 08:35

NathStPaul
Snowflake Royal
tmesis The negative impact of getting any more games abandoned is obvious, but I've yet to see any argument put forward by anyone saying what the positive impact would be.

Are there point deduction related penalties for delaying matches from starting? For example putting a ring of supporters around the stadium and car park so that all access is blocked? Think that might be the way to go rather than invading the field of play.

If you mean blocking players and staff, you're going to need a hell of a lot of people to get there very early just to form a human chain. And all you have to do is put 100 tangos at any single point of the chain and it breaks

It doesn't matter where or how we disrupt the game from going ahead, if we do it there will eventually be penalties

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 15 Mar 2024 09:14

Read this on Twitter - how about a demo at the pizza final Wycombe are in at Wembley?? Tickets are bound to be on general sale and live on Sky too.....

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Mar 2024 09:26

Mid Sussex Royal Read this on Twitter - how about a demo at the pizza final Wycombe are in at Wembley?? Tickets are bound to be on general sale and live on Sky too.....

OFFS.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 15 Mar 2024 09:27

Don't worry it'll be broadcast on the radio too.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 15 Mar 2024 09:47

Elm Park Kid
Royal Monkey

This exactly.

As others have said Dai owns Bearwood separately and so not an asset of the club and so it would not be illegal. As I also said above without Bearwood and the Academy the club is likely unsaleable. Only a truly insane lunatic would buy a big stadium with a massively loss making club, no training ground and no way of making money through future Academy sales.

My guess is that if the sale goes through Dai will put just enough in the club to see out the season to take the heat off him and will then pocket the rest. Then it will be up to Howe to find an insane lunatic to buy what little is left of the club or we don’t start next season. I cannot see any hope of survival unless the EFL threaten Wycombe with sanctions for putting the game into disrepute if they proceed with the purchase - which I expect is also unlikely.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 15 Mar 2024 09:50

andrew1957
Elm Park Kid
Royal Monkey
This exactly.

As others have said Dai owns Bearwood separately and so not an asset of the club and so it would not be illegal. As I also said above without Bearwood and the Academy the club is likely unsaleable. Only a truly insane lunatic would buy a big stadium with a massively loss making club, no training ground and no way of making money through future Academy sales.

My guess is that if the sale goes through Dai will put just enough in the club to see out the season to take the heat off him and will then pocket the rest. Then it will be up to Howe to find an insane lunatic to buy what little is left of the club or we don’t start next season. I cannot see any hope of survival unless the EFL threaten Wycombe with sanctions for putting the game into disrepute if they proceed with the purchase - which I expect is also unlikely.

People need to stop rushing to judgments about the club being unsaleable. People don't go into football to make money. This news greatly reduces the asking price of the club, and no doubt there will be plenty of parties who fancy themselves as the ones to help stabilise us and rebuild. Hopefully we get one who is actually capable.

Our biggest challenge has never been finding a buyer. It has always been convincing the seller to sell.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 15 Mar 2024 09:51

Delboy What about the staff surely redundancies if the deal goes ahead

Sadly doubt anyone will get any payments as the club has no money or assets. Doubt Dai will fund redundancy payments out of the good of his heart as he doesn’t have one.

2661 posts