#SellBeforeWeDai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group

2661 posts
NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: “ Sell before we Dai “ supporters action group v2.1

by NathStPaul » 04 Jul 2023 08:42

Winston Biscuit I have some thoughts on this action group. I shall mostly keep them to myself.

Yeah it is wise to. If you so much as say a word against them some angry autist who has never seen a vagina in his life will get in touch to tell you what a bad supporter you are.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 04 Jul 2023 08:56

People are entitled to disagree if they like, but I don’t really see the "we're screwed if he walks argument" to support him.

Firstly, people have said this for years, but the reality of him staying has been pretty terrible in this time. We could have had administration and relegation; instead we've had financial regulation breaches, points deductions and relegation.

Secondly, the argument that we're now financially dependent on him shows what an awful owner he is. If your friend was in a marriage where their partner stopped them working, managed their money etc., would you tell them to stay because otherwise they'd be screwed? If we're now reliant upon Dai, that just shows how he has used his wealth to manipulate and is unfit to own us.

Finally, a lot of people with this concern don't seem to understand finance and company law; I'm getting sick of having to explain it. There is a narrow path to liquidation, which is unfortunately not impossible but it is unlikely. We would need to be placed into administration and fail to find a buyer, and probably miss an EFL deadline for having funding or a team like Bury. Dai could voluntarily liquidate us, but it would be a ridiculous decision for him financially. Player wages, HMRC, other clubs etc. would get their money first. Dai would get none of his investment back and be left with a white elephant of a stadium with no team to play in it. So if he wants to make a return on his investment, or limit his losses more realistically, finding a buyer is his only option.

So I fully support the campaign.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 04 Jul 2023 09:00

I'd imagine that most EFL clubs will be dependent on their owner? I think it's more that, we need him to not fall into administration, which would apply to every club. Yes we're in a lot of debt, but so are a lot of other clubs in England and it's hardly the end of the world. It's not like he's the only person who can keep us afloat. If he left/sold we'd just have someone else run the club, like usual.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 04 Jul 2023 09:16

And back to my previous point, if he has enough and puts us into administration, L2 is likely. But based upon what we've seen, I don't consider further strife and L2 unlikely if he stays either.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 04 Jul 2023 09:42

If I was the owner I would absolutely be starting up a protest to the protest group and calling it Dai Before I Sell

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 04 Jul 2023 10:44

I broadly agree with the principle ie the club has been poorly run but it is too personal against the owner and the name is almost racist. The campaign should have been around the lack of comms and the way the club is operationally run rather than solely against someone who has put in around £200m including one of the best training facilities in the country.

I am surprised STAR backed it as it is, which effectively means there is no link now between club and fans.

I think what SJM said is pretty accurate.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 04 Jul 2023 11:13

Mid Sussex Royal I broadly agree with the principle ie the club has been poorly run but it is too personal against the owner and the name is almost racist. The campaign should have been around the lack of comms and the way the club is operationally run rather than solely against someone who has put in around £200m including one of the best training facilities in the country.

I am surprised STAR backed it as it is, which effectively means there is no link now between club and fans.

Not really seeing how using Dai in place of die is racist.

Not sure where I stand right now as I'm not really sure what success the pressure group can cause, think Dai will just ignore it all, I'm just hoping that he just becomes a good owner at this point as I can't see any other way forward, getting some good news out will help with that, cat 1 confirmation for example would be fantastic but considering everything that has gone on, he has a lot of credit he needs to build up before he can be considered credible again.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 04 Jul 2023 11:16

Do we not learn lessons as to why the original thread was removed?

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 04 Jul 2023 11:41

I totally missed the first thread so don't even know why it was closed.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 04 Jul 2023 11:59

tidus_mi2 I totally missed the first thread so don't even know why it was closed.

One of the board racists started going in about boats or some shit.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Jul 2023 12:21

NathStPaul
Winston Biscuit I have some thoughts on this action group. I shall mostly keep them to myself.

Yeah it is wise to. If you so much as say a word against them some angry autist who has never seen a vagina in his life will get in touch to tell you what a bad supporter you are.

Dd has a kid m8

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 04 Jul 2023 12:21

its the sixth thread down on page 2 if you wanted to check it out. lets not go down that route again on here, please :|

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Jul 2023 12:29

Mid Sussex Royal I broadly agree with the principle ie the club has been poorly run but it is too personal against the owner and the name is almost racist. The campaign should have been around the lack of comms and the way the club is operationally run rather than solely against someone who has put in around £200m including one of the best training facilities in the country.

Using a name in a play on words is not racist. Hth.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 04 Jul 2023 13:14

Mid Sussex Royal I am surprised STAR backed it as it is, which effectively means there is no link now between club and fans.

Come off it Mid Sussexers, there was never open dialogue between the two. The annual Q&A stuff was little more than a dog and pony show.

Lack of dialogue is part of the problem in all this. But I can't bring myself to blame the fans groups for this, they've been left exasperated by a closed and silent culture from the top.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 04 Jul 2023 13:16

It’s not like Dai is some sort of stereotypical Chinese name. If anything it sounds Welsh.

If the group was called “It’s All Gone Wong” then it could reasonably be called racist, but in this case it’s his real Welsh name rather than a racist joke.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 04 Jul 2023 13:20

SCIAG It’s not like Dai is some sort of stereotypical Chinese name. If anything it sounds Welsh.

If the group was called “It’s All Gone Wong” then it could reasonably be called racist, but in this case it’s his real Welsh name rather than a racist joke.

Sum Ting Wong

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 04 Jul 2023 14:34

Hoo Flung Dung

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 04 Jul 2023 15:03

This isn't black and white - There's a hierarchy of what would be best for the club:

Best
  1. Dai sells to someone with plenty of money and experience in running successful clubs.
  2. Dai sells to someone with enough money and more experience of running a football club than him.
  3. Dai stays as owner but delegates all decisions to people who know what they're doing and puts in the money we need.
  4. Club goes into administration and a 'decent' buyer is found.
  5. Club goes into administration and any buyer better than Dai is found.
  6. Dai stays as owner and carries on as he has done in the past.
Worst

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 04 Jul 2023 16:11

So Dai staying but no administration is worse than administration :|

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 04 Jul 2023 17:18

Elm Park Kid This isn't black and white - There's a hierarchy of what would be best for the club:

Best
  1. Dai sells to someone with plenty of money and experience in running successful clubs.
  2. Dai sells to someone with enough money and more experience of running a football club than him.
  3. Dai stays as owner but delegates all decisions to people who know what they're doing and puts in the money we need.
  4. Club goes into administration and a 'decent' buyer is found.
  5. Club goes into administration and any buyer better than Dai is found.
  6. Dai stays as owner and carries on as he has done in the past.
Worst

Missed out:

7. Club goes into administration and a buyer even worse than Dai is found.

8. Club goes into administration and no buyer is found.

2661 posts