#SellBeforeWeDai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group

2661 posts
Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

#SellBeforeWeDai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group

by Brogue » 23 Jun 2023 09:38

As the previous one was locked by hobnob, this is the MKII version. without the nonsense :roll:

Needle

Re: “ Sell before we Dai “ supporters action group v2.0

by Needle » 23 Jun 2023 09:50

I thought this was foolishness, wanting to get rid of an owner who is putting money into the club, albeit badly. Who is going to buy him out?

But the drip drip drip of financial bad news and incompetence just keeps coming, and we face a third season with points deductions. I'm 100% Dai out as of last night.

Administration, a 12pt penalty and a fresh start looks like the only way forward.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: “ Sell before we Dai “ supporters action group v2.1

by Forbury Lion » 23 Jun 2023 09:53

Sorry, I just merged v2.0 with the original not realising hobnob had locked the original....have retstored it as 2.1 :oops:

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 23 Jun 2023 10:00

Needle I thought this was foolishness, wanting to get rid of an owner who is putting money into the club, albeit badly. Who is going to buy him out?

But the drip drip drip of financial bad news and incompetence just keeps coming, and we face a third season with points deductions. I'm 100% Dai out as of last night.

Administration, a 12pt penalty and a fresh start looks like the only way forward.

If you step back from the crisis, we still have loads of potential as a club. Stadium, training facilities, academy, large catchment area, relatively recent success.

A savvy investor would see the current crisis as an opportunity to make a bargain purchase, so I would expect interest.

On Strings

by On Strings » 23 Jun 2023 10:08

WestYorksRoyal If you step back from the crisis, we still have loads of potential as a club. Stadium, training facilities, academy, large catchment area, relatively recent success.

A savvy investor would see the current crisis as an opportunity to make a bargain purchase, so I would expect interest.

But "we" don't own the stadium or the training ground. We don't own the hotel and we don't own the land around the stadium. We are very unappealing to any would be buyer. We have to hope that Dai is reasonable if/when a new owner wants to buy these back.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 23 Jun 2023 10:14

On Strings
WestYorksRoyal If you step back from the crisis, we still have loads of potential as a club. Stadium, training facilities, academy, large catchment area, relatively recent success.

But "we" don't own the stadium or the training ground. We don't own the hotel and we don't own the land around the stadium. We are very unappealing to any would be buyer. We have to hope that Dai is reasonable if/when a new owner wants to buy these back.

All these things would be negotiated as part of any deal. And Dai has put himself into a poor position to negotiate. These things are all worthless without an agreement for the team to use them. No doubt he would try to extract what value he can, but the reality will be that any offer he receives will be worth more than the alternative. It would be a high stakes game of chicken, as obviously we'd also be fcuked without access to the stadium and training ground. That's why a deal would almost certainly be struck, as both sides would lose big time without one.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 23 Jun 2023 10:23

Dai will be lucky to get even £30m for us with the last few posts in mind

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 23 Jun 2023 10:45

Dai is unlikely to get any money himself for the club. The full amount would go on paying debtors (if we didn't pay HMRC any PAYE last year than has to be about £10m alone).

He'll get whatever the new owners are prepared to pay for stadium and training ground. Probably around that £30m mark.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 23 Jun 2023 10:58

Why did HNA ban the Mark 1 version? Did Dai of Pang complain about it?

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 23 Jun 2023 11:01

The Royal Forester Why did HNA ban the Mark 1 version? Did Dai of Pang complain about it?

The anger that should have been directed at the club spilled over into a Team Board race war. Lets not talk of it again.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 23 Jun 2023 11:11

Elm Park Kid Dai is unlikely to get any money himself for the club. The full amount would go on paying debtors (if we didn't pay HMRC any PAYE last year than has to be about £10m alone).

He'll get whatever the new owners are prepared to pay for stadium and training ground. Probably around that £30m mark.

So Dai's venture ends up with c. £100m down the drain and the club fcuked for everyone. How did he become so rich?

Needle

by Needle » 23 Jun 2023 11:16

How much is the club's debt?

I don't see savvy investors queuing up to take that on. It's needs to be written off either by our creditors (Dai?) or by going into admin.

I am aware this is not without risk - there's no guarantee of escaping administration. We could well be the next Bury

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 23 Jun 2023 11:20

Needle How much is the club's debt?

I don't see savvy investors queuing up to take that on. It's needs to be written off either by our creditors (Dai?) or by going into admin.

I am aware this is not without risk - there's no guarantee of escaping administration. We could well be the next Bury

Genuinely i have heard a couple of tip bits that Mike Ashley has shown interest. That would be a massive yes from me

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 23 Jun 2023 11:26

It's owed to Dai. So if there's £100m debt, offer Dai £20m. He can take that, or look to the insolvency process which may only give him £5m after paying players, staff, other clubs, HMRC etc.,

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 23 Jun 2023 11:56

The Royal Forester Why did HNA ban the Mark 1 version? Did Dai of Pang complain about it?

El rey decided to be a div, and as so many people in the world now they decided to double down on his divviness. Argument ensued, so thread locked.

elrey

by elrey » 23 Jun 2023 12:28

Orion1871

El rey decided to be a div, and as so many people in the world now they decided to double down on his divviness. Argument ensued, so thread locked.

oxf*rd you!

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 23 Jun 2023 13:04

Brogue

Genuinely i have heard a couple of tip bits that Mike Ashley has shown interest. That would be a massive yes from me

I wouldn’t be surprised if Ashley was interested. Newcastle fans hate him but our expectations are nowhere near as high as theirs.

IR any thoughts about Ashley?

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 23 Jun 2023 13:24

elrey
Orion1871

oxf*rd you!

I wish I hadn't asked now. Settle down chaps, play nicely, there's good boys.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 23 Jun 2023 13:43

Needle

by Needle » 23 Jun 2023 13:58

Elm Park Kid https://twitter.com/LewisCoombes/status/1672215650830278657

Grim

2661 posts