HMRC Winding up petition/order

398 posts
Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

Re: HMRC Winding up petition/order

by Royal_jimmy » 01 Jul 2023 12:22

Ascotexgunner Just reading the comments on the **ford United Forum under the heading "Tinpot Reading"....and boy are they loving this.....someone who says they are ITK said we cleared the outstanding HMRC bill on the 23rd last week. Could that be true?

Lol and if we're tinpot what does that make Oxford :lol:

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 01 Jul 2023 12:23

No but I have it on good authority we'll be wound up at some point

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 01 Jul 2023 12:56

Orion1871
Clyde1998
Ascotexgunner Just reading the comments on the **ford United Forum under the heading "Tinpot Reading"....and boy are they loving this.....someone who says they are ITK said we cleared the outstanding HMRC bill on the 23rd last week. Could that be true?

I saw that somewhere, but can't remember where.

Of course their fans are loving it. The irony is even with our embargoes, we'll still probably end up with a stronger squad than them come the start of the season.

Perhaps those in glass houses shouldn't be throwing stones considering their future isn't exactly secure at the moment with their stadium issues,

The funny thing is about them is they are convinced they are getting a new stadium reading the comments.....you'd think they were flushed with money.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 01 Jul 2023 13:49

Royal_jimmy No but I have it on good authority we'll be wound up at some point

You're always wound up Jimmy.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 01 Jul 2023 14:11

In the long run, we're all dead.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 05 Jul 2023 11:47

Something has happened today but bugger knows what.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 05 Jul 2023 11:49

Have you asked questions? Investigated thoroughly? Get to the bottom of it.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 05 Jul 2023 12:00

NathStPaul Have you asked questions? Investigated thoroughly? Get to the bottom of it.

Probably need access to the system for that - anyway it'll be some cosmetic change most likely i.e. an address was slightly wrong or a date has been set for the hearing.

Ideal world, it's confirmation of payment and withdrawal of the petition but chances are slim.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 05 Jul 2023 12:01

Royal_jimmy

Lol and if we're tinpot what does that make Oxford :lol:

I've always wondered about that definition. What constitutes "tinpot"?

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 05 Jul 2023 12:02

Elm Park Kid

In the long run, we're all dead.

Everybody's dead Dave.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 05 Jul 2023 12:21

Don't think the clubs ever been so silent in a summer before. No statement on this winding up petition, no confirmation of Selles, no signings, update on kit unveil or anything.

Dai out and Pang out.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 05 Jul 2023 12:44

Sigh. Let's explain it again.

Selles is pending a work permit. No point announcing until the permit is issued.

We are currently under investigation for additional breaches. The embargo won't be lifted until this is sorted and a new budget is agreed. Therefore no announcements on signings or any of that shit.

These are all legal proceedings which the club either can't or shouldn't make statements about.

Our kit reveals are always late.

So basically it boils down to the club could make a statement but people will just moan that it says nothing and is not what they want to hear. At this stage, there is probably very little they can say.

Yes it's frustrating but shit happens. There is enough going on (1st year professional contracts, preseason in Spain etc) to suggest things are moving and will be resolved shortly.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Jul 2023 13:12

From Despair To Where? Sigh. Let's explain it again.

Selles is pending a work permit. No point announcing until the permit is issued.

We are currently under investigation for additional breaches. The embargo won't be lifted until this is sorted and a new budget is agreed. Therefore no announcements on signings or any of that shit.

These are all legal proceedings which the club either can't or shouldn't make statements about.

So basically it boils down to the club could make a statement but people will just moan that it says nothing and is not what they want to hear. At this stage, there is probably very little they can say.

Yes it's frustrating but shit happens. There is enough going on (1st year professional contracts, preseason in Spain etc) to suggest things are moving and will be resolved shortly.

+1 billion.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 05 Jul 2023 13:31

One of the best sensible posts I have seen in a long while. It’s a shame that this can’t be communicated on twitter to stop all of the kids moaning.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Jul 2023 13:36

Doesn’t help when you have journos past and present stirring the pot

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 05 Jul 2023 13:39

Journalists will do though, that's the nature of their job. They will want news and they will try and make it. A lot of hands in the pot, but the club will know what's going on. There probably isn't much to tell right now whilst discussions are still ongoing between ourselves and the EFL.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 05 Jul 2023 13:40

blythspartan

One of the best sensible posts I have seen in a long while. It’s a shame that this can’t be communicated on twitter to stop all of the kids moaning.

Even if it was communicated, you'd get lambasted for being stupid/living in dreamland. Whereas it is obviously totally logical, rational and represents a real-world view.

Hound Doesn’t help when you have journos past and present stirring the pot

100% agree with this - yes they will be frustrated as well, but they should be smart enough to put this type of message out to fans. Although I guess that won't get enough clicks/engagements.

Realistically, Twitter is very small proportion of our fans and I think on the whole, a lot of people will be fine with what the club are currently putting out there/not worrying about a lack of message.

I know it certainly doesn't bother me, got a bunch of other crap going on that means I'm not thinking about the club every minute of every day like some on Twitter seem to be.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 05 Jul 2023 13:55

Hendo
blythspartan

Even if it was communicated, you'd get lambasted for being stupid/living in dreamland. Whereas it is obviously totally logical, rational and represents a real-world view.

100% agree with this - yes they will be frustrated as well, but they should be smart enough to put this type of message out to fans. Although I guess that won't get enough clicks/engagements.

Realistically, Twitter is very small proportion of our fans and I think on the whole, a lot of people will be fine with what the club are currently putting out there/not worrying about a lack of message.

I know it certainly doesn't bother me, got a bunch of other crap going on that means I'm not thinking about the club every minute of every day like some on Twitter seem to be.

There was some old dude on there yesterday saying how this is really affecting his mental health and club should be ashamed for putting hi through this, then a load of people started replying saying are you ok im here to talk if you need :| The guy looks like hes in his 50's or 60's ffs. Yeah things are dire atm but seriously oxf*rd off with your mental health shit

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 05 Jul 2023 13:57

Brogue
Hendo
blythspartan

There was some old dude on there yesterday saying how this is really affecting his mental health and club should be ashamed for putting hi through this, then a load of people started replying saying are you ok im here to talk if you need :| The guy looks like hes in his 50's or 60's ffs. Yeah things are dire atm but seriously oxf*rd off with your mental health shit

We have a pathetically weak fanbase. Too weak to actually protest properly so they will just cry and complain until they get what they want.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 05 Jul 2023 14:00

Brogue
Hendo
blythspartan

Get him to send me an SAE and I'll send him back a sense of perspective...

398 posts