HMRC Winding up petition/order

398 posts
Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: HMRC Winding up petition/order

by Stranded » 11 Jul 2023 17:44

Another update to the petition this afternoon - last time it was updated it came out fairly quickly that 500k had been paid off. So we can only hope this is the remainder.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 11 Jul 2023 17:52

Stranded Another update to the petition this afternoon - last time it was updated it came out fairly quickly that 500k had been paid off. So we can only hope this is the remainder.

Let’s hope so.

MIM Royal

by MIM Royal » 11 Jul 2023 17:54

Given up with Dai. Once bitten.........
Bad management of finances and cashflow is inexcusable and has damaged the Reading brand. Will take a long time to recover.

After 20 years as a ST holder have not renewed. Will go occasionally and chose the games whilst we remain in 3rd tier. I'll choose how I spend the £1k per season to watch RFC, rather than hand money over under this ownership.

Dennis the Butler
Location: Wallowing in the Premiership glory ... oh bollox !!

by Dennis the Butler » 11 Jul 2023 19:41

Why can't Dai just ask for a sub from his sister, she resides in this country and is well minted apparently !

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Jul 2023 20:42

Dennis the Butler Why can't Dai just ask for a sub from his sister, she resides in this country and is well minted apparently !

She gave him her part of their company for free according to the beeb article.

So she can't be worth that much.

The Green Programme

by The Green Programme » 11 Jul 2023 21:46

Royal_jimmy

The BBC like calling us league one in the opening line of every article about us :lol:

BBC - the selective news channel - rarely accurate - whilst never doubting themselves….

The Green Programme

by The Green Programme » 11 Jul 2023 21:47

The Green Programme
Royal_jimmy

The BBC like calling us league one in the opening line of every article about us :lol:

BBC - the selective news channel - rarely accurate - whilst never doubting themselves….

And for some reason - never liked us…

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 11 Jul 2023 22:47

I too hope the update means it was paid off, I am thoroughly Dai out but I still see an optimistic outcome where he becomes a competent owner, don't personally think it will happen but would be nice.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 11 Jul 2023 22:59

The Green Programme
The Green Programme
Royal_jimmy

So that’s something I’ve got in common with the BBC. I think you’re a cnut as well.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Jul 2023 23:28

The Green Programme
The Green Programme
Royal_jimmy

100% accurate about this though aren't they.

Also, totally makes sense. We've been a Championship club for about 10 years, and above L1 for about 20. It's common to describe teams by what division they're in, and sensible to highlight when it's a new division for those not 100% up to date with all the ups and downs.

Plenty of people who are interested in football, particularly followers of PL clubs, have had to ask me what level we're at over the years when we're talking about our teams and football more generally. There's just nothing sinister or slighting here.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 12 Jul 2023 08:37

Yeah don't really see why it's a problem to refer us to the division that we are now playing in, it's not as if it hasn't been done before with other clubs who have been relegated.

Admittedly, I'm getting fed up of them quoting our CEO's gag about "fixing errors of the past" on most of the recent articles on the BBC.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 12 Jul 2023 09:04

To be fair to the BBC, as soon as we've been promoted in the past they've referred to us as Premiership newboys or similar so it works both ways.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 12 Jul 2023 10:32

MIM Royal Given up with Dai. Once bitten.........
Bad management of finances and cashflow is inexcusable and has damaged the Reading brand. Will take a long time to recover.

After 20 years as a ST holder have not renewed. Will go occasionally and chose the games whilst we remain in 3rd tier. I'll choose how I spend the £1k per season to watch RFC, rather than hand money over under this ownership.

I did contemplate this but the club needs every penny it can get from the fans now. Need to get Dai out and support the boys through these bad days and when good days return they'll be so sweet.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 12 Jul 2023 10:37

Royal_jimmy

I did contemplate this but the club needs every penny it can get from the fans now. Need to get Dai out and support the boys through these bad days and when good days return they'll be so sweet.

Tbf - the best way to get Dai out would be to starve the club of funds. It would oxford up our season, but I guess that's the gamble.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 12 Jul 2023 10:54

Elm Park Kid
Royal_jimmy

Tbf - the best way to get Dai out would be to starve the club of funds. It would oxford up our season, but I guess that's the gamble.

Our ticket money is a drop in the ocean of the general financing of the club. he couldn`t care less.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 12 Jul 2023 12:17

But “bad” publicity brought on by various supporter initiatives might help move things along a little

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Jul 2023 12:25

Elm Park Kid
Royal_jimmy

I mean, if you think the best way to get him out is to destroy the club, I guess maybe.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Jul 2023 12:40

There’s nothing much in this for Dai now. Not unless we go up and he can properly fund another attempt to go up

Certainly not going to make his money back or anywhere at all close

Just can’t see that happening. He’ll go soon enough I expect and cut his losses

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Jul 2023 14:35

Dellors posted some stuff;

Selles visa still not through, hoping end of week
Hmrc not yet paid, hoping end of week
Embargo will be lifted then but some restrictions will apply due to late payment
Dai looking for new investment (not to sell)

BraisingsteakRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by BraisingsteakRoyal » 12 Jul 2023 15:08

Imagine being a multi-millionaire / billionaire - and not paying your staff on time, multiple times? What a cnut.

398 posts