Injury watch 2023/24

297 posts
Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Injury watch 2023/24

by Stranded » 03 Nov 2023 08:29

Yep, looks that way. Attitude definitely stinks but also wouldn't surprise me if there is a clause somewhere in his deal that we have to play Liverpool X if he makes a certain amount of apperances. He's on 72 apps since signing permanently - clause at 75?

Total conspiracy theory but we do have previous in that respect and when money is non-existant, you aren't going to waste it on a player you clearly don't trust or want anymore.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 03 Nov 2023 08:48

:P :P :P
Stranded Yep, looks that way. Attitude definitely stinks but also wouldn't surprise me if there is a clause somewhere in his deal that we have to play Liverpool X if he makes a certain amount of apperances. He's on 72 apps since signing permanently - clause at 75?

Total conspiracy theory but we do have previous in that respect and when money is non-existant, you aren't going to waste it on a player you clearly don't trust or want anymore.

Sadly not unusual for lower league clubs to negotiate those sort of clauses to try and reduce the initial spend. Personally think those sort of clauses, like many add-on clauses, should be banned as it can just encourage stupid club spending and stack up issues down the line for badly run basket case clubs :? , not to mention the poor player caught in the middle of it all.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Nov 2023 09:24

Thoughts and prayers with RR, Orion and Hound at this most difficult of times for them.

:P

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 Nov 2023 11:42

He was a quality player. Not seen that for 2 years or so. Shame that it seems to be a lot about his attitude and mentality, but there may well be a lot more to it, who knows

Anyway long since moved on

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 03 Nov 2023 15:31

Stranded Yep, looks that way. Attitude definitely stinks but also wouldn't surprise me if there is a clause somewhere in his deal that we have to play Liverpool X if he makes a certain amount of apperances. He's on 72 apps since signing permanently - clause at 75?

I used to think this with certain players e.g. Liam Moore last season, that's partly why I thought he wouldn't play for us again and the club hid behind that.

We lost 1-0 away at Leeds a few seasons ago and Bowen didn't bring Baldock on and I wondered at the time if that had something to do with appearance money. Obviously nothing other than just a conspiracy theory, it could have been he wasn't fancied, not fit etc but it just seemed strange not to use our final sub to bring a striker on.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 03 Nov 2023 15:50

Snowflake Royal Thoughts and prayers with RR, Orion and Hound at this most difficult of times for them.

:P

I remember the constant comparisons to Eze. One has become an established Prem player in and around the England squad and the other can’t get into the 24th place side in L1. Speaks volumes

Always thought he flattered to deceive personally. He worked harder than most gave him credit for and had the odd nice touch here and there but no-were near enough impact on games. In with that generation of players who never really had a settled position or identity

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 07 Nov 2023 10:16

Ejaria - no longer injured but lacks any sort of match fitness and is largely training with the u21s to build that up but apparently attitude has a "long way to go"
McIntyre - expected to be out for another 5 weeks
Camara - recovering from illness

Hutchinson and Holmes are both fit again

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 20 Nov 2023 07:34

Carlisle are looking for an emergency loan keeper after Andresson dislocated his shoulder.

Wonder if Jokull will ever play a first team game for Reading, he is 22 so I suppose there's still a chance at some point. It just continues to seem so stupid to keep bringing other keepers to the club while the Icelandic international keeps getting overlooked.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 20 Nov 2023 09:24

I think CBC is seen as the better prospect but it does seem odd that we've brought in Button and Pereira and sent a goalkeeper 50 appearances in League 1 out on loan.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Nov 2023 10:36

How long are the contracts of him, Button and CBC?

I know Pereira is one year.

Andresson/Button, CBC and Norfolk/Collins should be fine for L2.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 20 Nov 2023 11:14

Snowflake Royal How long are the contracts of him, Button and CBC?

I know Pereira is one year.

Andresson/Button, CBC and Norfolk/Collins should be fine for L2.

Think 2025 is the year to panic

Andresson is contracted until 2025
CBC just signed a new deal taking him up to June 2025
Button signed a 2 year deal which takes him to 2025
Periera is signed up until 2024 but then has an option for another year

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 28 Nov 2023 12:54

I’ve been told Ballard is out for the season btw acl

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 28 Nov 2023 13:35

Brogue I’ve been told Ballard is out for the season btw acl

Sadly this is true, Heard this on Sunday, from people who know his family.

Hopefully he makes a full recovery and it doesn't get stop his development, as he clearly has a lot of talent and potential.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Nov 2023 15:13

Not my first guess, but it was in my top 3.

Poor bugger.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 28 Nov 2023 15:17

Wycombe Royal

Hopefully he makes a full recovery and it doesn't get stop his development, as he clearly has a lot of talent and potential.

From our side, shame, looked like him and Smith could form a decent parthership up top. From his side, hope he makes a speedy recovery - he is young enough that a full recovery should be possible unless it is very severe damage.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 28 Nov 2023 17:20

Stranded
Wycombe Royal

From our side, shame, looked like him and Smith could form a decent parthership up top. From his side, hope he makes a speedy recovery - he is young enough that a full recovery should be possible unless it is very severe damage.

Wonder if that means Reading will bring someone else in in January, or sooner if there is there a worthwhile free agent still out there.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 28 Nov 2023 17:30

Sutekh
Stranded
Wycombe Royal Sadly this is true, Heard this on Sunday, from people who know his family.

Wonder if that means Reading will bring someone else in in January, or sooner if there is there a worthwhile free agent still out there.

I had really high hopes for Ballard and could only see him improving as the season progressed. It’s a real shame about his injury.

It would be good if we could bring in an experienced striker to replace him. Not sure, if Connor Wickham is still knocking around, but someone like him could possibly do a job until the end of the season.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Nov 2023 08:51

Real shame for Ballard. Kid certainly has something about him and I liked his attitude- always positive, worked hard etc. hopefully a simple enough injury and he’s young enough to bounce back quickly

From our pov I do think a more experienced striker who could genuinely step in for Smith is a better option. Someone quite physical. Still plenty of free agents about

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 30 Nov 2023 14:23

Hound Real shame for Ballard. Kid certainly has something about him and I liked his attitude- always positive, worked hard etc. hopefully a simple enough injury and he’s young enough to bounce back quickly

From our pov I do think a more experienced striker who could genuinely step in for Smith is a better option. Someone quite physical. Still plenty of free agents about

Need to not be under embargo for 5 mins for that to happen. Also will depend on if we are on the hook for Ballard's wages and for how long. Imagine there is an automatic break in case of bad injury.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Nov 2023 17:32

Stranded
Hound Real shame for Ballard. Kid certainly has something about him and I liked his attitude- always positive, worked hard etc. hopefully a simple enough injury and he’s young enough to bounce back quickly

Need to not be under embargo for 5 mins for that to happen. Also will depend on if we are on the hook for Ballard's wages and for how long. Imagine there is an automatic break in case of bad injury.

That's easy

Dear parent club

Do you want to:
A) recall Ballard, cancel our wage obligation and treat his injury yourself, or
B) We'll keep paying his wages, and ask our medical team to treat his injury.

Yours RFC

Anyone sane is picking A so we don’t accidentally kill or cripple him

297 posts