Injury watch 2023/24

297 posts
Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Injury watch 2023/24

by Millsy » 06 Sep 2023 09:44

Hound
Millsy I have a feeling Ejaria is dead. Seriously when is the last time anyone ever saw him. Think about it. It's the only realistic possibility.

About 2 weeks ago. Even saw people speak to him

The only logical explanation for this is he must have a doppelganger, impersonator or twin brother. RIP Ejaria.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 06 Sep 2023 18:57

Millsy
Hound
Millsy I have a feeling Ejaria is dead. Seriously when is the last time anyone ever saw him. Think about it. It's the only realistic possibility.

The only logical explanation for this is he must have a doppelganger, impersonator or twin brother. RIP Ejaria.

Can people not die within a 2 week timeframe?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Sep 2023 21:39

CountryRoyal
Millsy
Hound

Millsy's jokes manage a 2 second timeframe, so I suppose so.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Sep 2023 21:50

Snowflake Royal
CountryRoyal
Millsy

Millsy's jokes manage a 2 second timeframe, so I suppose so.

I instantly regretted engaging with him tbh

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 07 Sep 2023 21:02

Bindon should be back for Notlob, Ejaria not back training yet, still struggling with his knee problem.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 07 Sep 2023 21:04

Sutekh Bindon should be back for Notlob, Ejaria not back training yet, still struggling with his knee problem.

Thought he'd had surgery to clear it up

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 08 Sep 2023 07:13

Out of shot he also told me Mbengue is out for about 6 weeks. Got injured v Stevenage & surprisingly played through the last two. Ruben basically surprised he managed Exeter & Cambridge

https://twitter.com/Houlton11/status/16 ... w_4ew&s=19

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Sep 2023 07:19

morganb
Out of shot he also told me Mbengue is out for about 6 weeks. Got injured v Stevenage & surprisingly played through the last two. Ruben basically surprised he managed Exeter & Cambridge

Well that's incredibly stupid if true when we had four alternate players for right back.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 08 Sep 2023 07:49

Snowflake Royal
morganb

Well that's incredibly stupid if true when we had four alternate players for right back.

Yes, don't get that at all, how can it be in the player's and club's interest to let him play if injured esp. when there are several alternatives available. Just because a player can play with an injury doesn't mean it won't be aggravated and get worse and perhaps even cause other issues. But then we know from experience how wonderful injury management has been at the club over the last 2 years!

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 08 Sep 2023 08:10

Sutekh
Snowflake Royal

Yes, don't get that at all, how can it be in the player's and club's interest to let him play if injured esp. when there are several alternatives available. Just because a player can play with an injury doesn't mean it won't be aggravated and get worse and perhaps even cause other issues. But then we know from experience how wonderful injury management has been at the club over the last 2 years!

It does sound strange especially when Kelvin E got rested simply based on his monitoring stats

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Sep 2023 08:14

Sutekh
Snowflake Royal

I'm increasingly of the view that almost everyone involved in football is an absolute moron.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Sep 2023 08:15

morganb
Sutekh
Snowflake Royal Well that's incredibly stupid if true when we had four alternate players for right back.

It does sound strange especially when Kelvin E got rested simply based on his monitoring stats

That's also moronic going into a break.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 08 Sep 2023 08:35

Snowflake Royal
morganb
Sutekh

It's a can't win situation isn't it though - whilst I agree, if they had played him and the increased risk of injury he was showing led to something going pop and him being out for a month or two - you can imagine the outcry if it turned out we didn't put him on the bench when they knew he probably shouldn't have started.

If they knew they were "risking" Mbengue as well, then risking another would be doubly moronic. Would have rested both if needed, Yiadom is adequate cover at RB.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Sep 2023 10:15

Stranded
Snowflake Royal
morganb

It's a can't win situation isn't it though - whilst I agree, if they had played him and the increased risk of injury he was showing led to something going pop and him being out for a month or two - you can imagine the outcry if it turned out we didn't put him on the bench when they knew he probably shouldn't have started.

If they knew they were "risking" Mbengue as well, then risking another would be doubly moronic. Would have rested both if needed, Yiadom is adequate cover at RB.

I don't think so. You've just signed Ballard, so if something goes pop, by the next game Ballard should be available and Smith is nearly fit.

It's relatively low risk and you don’t have any real alternatives that slot in as good cover. By comparison with Mbengue you can play anyone of Yiadom, Abrefa, Rushesha and Holmes with little loss of quality.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Sep 2023 15:48

Snowflake Royal
morganb
Sutekh

Yeah don’t agree. If he knacks a muscle it’s 6 weeks out and he’s our best (player) striker atm.

Mbengue situation is downright madeness though. At least we have replacements

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 08 Sep 2023 17:39

morganb

Ruben basically surprised he managed Exeter and Cambridge yet Ruben is the one who selected him...

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 08 Sep 2023 19:23

YorkshireRoyal99
morganb

Ruben basically surprised he managed Exeter and Cambridge yet Ruben is the one who selected him...

A new update on this has appeared on Twitter -

Just realised that Ruben said Mamadi, it’s actually Camara that’s out for six weeks. Apologies

https://twitter.com/Houlton11/status/17 ... pAJlw&s=19

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Sep 2023 22:12

Hound
Snowflake Royal
morganb

Yeah don’t agree. If he knacks a muscle it’s 6 weeks out and he’s our best (player) striker atm.

Mbengue situation is downright madeness though. At least we have replacements

My post above yours covered my rationale for the relatively low risk plenty of contingencies compared to the one off alternative.

But respect its a question of perspective.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Sep 2023 10:04

Saw the obligatory *injured footballer showing a pic of him in football boots* this time featuring Sam smith on insta

So hopefully in the next few weeks back in contention. Feel he’s been a big miss

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 12 Sep 2023 10:14

Hound Saw the obligatory *injured footballer showing a pic of him in football boots* this time featuring Sam smith on insta

So hopefully in the next few weeks back in contention. Feel he’s been a big miss

Agreed, and hopefully it turns out to be the case that he has been a big miss and not just "a miss" because he has not been available.

297 posts