Dear club

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Dear club

by SouthDownsRoyal » 03 Jul 2023 12:16

Millsy
Sutekh Please tell us what the **** is going on.

When will we know about Selles visa?
Have the club got cat 1 Academy status back?
When will the new kit be revealed and will it be ready to sell to the kiddies before christmas?
Has the HMRC bill been settled?
Have you contested the FL charges?
When do you expect the FL to give their verdict?
What restrictions does the club have moving forward?
Will reasonable offers for the sale of the club AND stadium be considered?
Does anyone there care about telling the fanbase anything about anything?

I forwarded this to Dai and just received an official response to your questions, which I trust you'll find satisfactory.

"Thank you for your questions. You can be assured that the club is committed to making progress in the areas you have highlighted. Many thanks."

Did you email him?

katweslowski

by katweslowski » 03 Jul 2023 12:31

blythspartan I don’t see why the club needs to be providing us with regular updates tbh. I almost prefer the days before social media when any news about the club was either in the Reading Evening Post or Reading Chronicle. I am sure that when there’s some news that the fans need to hear we’ll be told.

I disagree as the updates people are want are pretty critical. They aren't player signings or fixture updates, it's reassurance over our immediate and long term existence. It's whether explaining three occasions where staff wages weren't paid. They've still not said anything meaningful about relegation - both men/women's team.

I don't want an update everyday, but we've had nothing of significance from them since the last day of the season.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 03 Jul 2023 12:42

SouthDownsRoyal
Millsy

When will the new kit be revealed and will it be ready to sell to the kiddies before christmas?

I forwarded this to Dai and just received an official response to your questions, which I trust you'll find satisfactory.

"Thank you for your questions. You can be assured that the club is committed to making progress in the areas you have highlighted. Many thanks."

Did you email him?

Yes on Fvckoffan.Dai@gmail.com but I didn't need to. He already knows what's going on and was preparing a response already.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 03 Jul 2023 12:44

The fans: “why hasn’t the club made a statement”
The club: “here’s a statement”
The fans the next day: “why hasn’t the club made a statement”
RG30
katweslowski
Sutekh Have the club got cat 1 Academy status back?

I'm 95% sure we are ineligible to get category one whilst we are in League One

That’s not true because Derby have it.

Blackburn before them too.

The league you are in has no direct bearing.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 03 Jul 2023 12:45

katweslowski
blythspartan I don’t see why the club needs to be providing us with regular updates tbh. I almost prefer the days before social media when any news about the club was either in the Reading Evening Post or Reading Chronicle. I am sure that when there’s some news that the fans need to hear we’ll be told.

I disagree as the updates people are want are pretty critical. They aren't player signings or fixture updates, it's reassurance over our immediate and long term existence. It's whether explaining three occasions where staff wages weren't paid. They've still not said anything meaningful about relegation - both men/women's team.

I don't want an update everyday, but we've had nothing of significance from them since the last day of the season.

What more are you expecting? The club already said that the owner was committed to the future of the club on 15th June. They've mentioned that the owner is "working hard" to resolve our financial issues and that long-term we are confident we have the right people to take the club where they want it to go.

It might all sound wishy-washy, but you aren't getting anything else. You won't be getting strategic decisions publicly announced from the club. If you, or whoever, chooses to not trust what the club says, rightfully so in some arguments, then that's on you.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 03 Jul 2023 12:51

NathStPaul
blythspartan The club can't really win. If they say something they will be criticised for not saying enough or lying and if they say nothing they'll be accused of being disrespectful to the supporters.

The club's owners are simply coming across as arrogant and disconnected. Whether it's the fans, the EFL or the HMRC. They appear to spin a web of deceit , lies and make commitments they've no intention of keeping. Actions speak louder than words as they say. What credibility they had left last autumn is rapidly evaporating. Given that money paying fans are the lifeblood of every club. Why would you purposely snub them. Anybody with any business acumen can broadly understand what's going on internally. Without having to know the finer details.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 03 Jul 2023 13:22

Millsy
SouthDownsRoyal
Millsy

Did you email him?

Yes on Fvckoffan.Dai@gmail.com but I didn't need to. He already knows what's going on and was preparing a response already.

Have emailed him

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 03 Jul 2023 13:42

Lower West
NathStPaul
blythspartan The club can't really win. If they say something they will be criticised for not saying enough or lying and if they say nothing they'll be accused of being disrespectful to the supporters.

The club's owners are simply coming across as arrogant and disconnected. Whether it's the fans, the EFL or the HMRC. They appear to spin a web of deceit , lies and make commitments they've no intention of keeping. Actions speak louder than words as they say. What credibility they had left last autumn is rapidly evaporating. Given that money paying fans are the lifeblood of every club. Why would you purposely snub them. Anybody with any business acumen can broadly understand what's going on internally. Without having to know the finer details.

I think a few owners and players for that matter come across as arrogant and disconnected.

Over the years I’ve spent a fair bit of money supporting the club but nothing like the £200m Dai has invested. I would love us to get a local billionaire owner but for now we’re stuck with Dai.

We can’t do anything about the financial crisis we’re in and we have to hope for time being Dai is still committed to club. It’s difficult to comment about them spinning a web of deceit and lies as we don’t know the full story.

For me there’s some positive signs such as the appointment of a manager, contracts given to 9 youngsters and we’re being linked to players. I heard the tax bill was paid on 23 June but I don’t expect the club to make an official announcement about that.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 03 Jul 2023 14:49

Still haven't announced the Jared Dublin departure either.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 03 Jul 2023 15:44

blythspartan
Over the years I’ve spent a fair bit of money supporting the club but nothing like the £200m Dai has invested.

confession time: me neither :oops:

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 03 Jul 2023 15:59

LUX
blythspartan
Over the years I’ve spent a fair bit of money supporting the club but nothing like the £200m Dai has invested.

Same, no way have I spent £200m on RFC

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 03 Jul 2023 16:08

katweslowski They've still not said anything meaningful about relegation - both men/women's team.

This one always interests* me, what are people expecting here?

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 03 Jul 2023 16:18

SouthDownsRoyal
LUX
blythspartan

oxf*rd me totalling up what I have spent over the years on mine and kids season tickets etc. it must be at least £25k.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 03 Jul 2023 16:29

SouthDownsRoyal
LUX
blythspartan

Plastic.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Jul 2023 17:36

katweslowski

They're not remotely critical.

You already had one saying blah blah, committed, blah blah.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 03 Jul 2023 17:38

blythspartan
SouthDownsRoyal
LUX

oxf*rd me totalling up what I have spent over the years on mine and kids season tickets etc. it must be at least £25k.

That’s a lot, but you’re no Dai are you

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 03 Jul 2023 17:38

Sanguine
SouthDownsRoyal
LUX

Plastic.

:mrgreen:

katweslowski

by katweslowski » 03 Jul 2023 18:36

Snowflake Royal They're not remotely critical.

You already had one saying blah blah, committed, blah blah.

I would say that commenting on 3 HMRC petitions for winding up orders and repeated failures to pay staff wages, AND a possible further point deduction is critical stuff.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 03 Jul 2023 19:26

Given that 30th June is a date that has been publicly acknowledged for months as the proposed end to the embargo, its not unreasonable to expect some communication from the club, even if it is just to say that negotiations with the EFL are ongoing but they anticipate some clarity in the next x number of days.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 03 Jul 2023 19:37

Given up giving up tbf

Que-sera

Football’s oxforded