Dear club

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Dear club

by Sutekh » 02 Jul 2023 13:31

Please tell us what the **** is going on.

When will we know about Selles visa?
Have the club got cat 1 Academy status back?
When will the new kit be revealed and will it be ready to sell to the kiddies before christmas?
Has the HMRC bill been settled?
Have you contested the FL charges?
When do you expect the FL to give their verdict?
What restrictions does the club have moving forward?
Will reasonable offers for the sale of the club AND stadium be considered?
Does anyone there care about telling the fanbase anything about anything?

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Dear club

by ayjaydee » 02 Jul 2023 13:46

I had an example of the current state of affairs this week.

I have a couple of clients who are Saints sth's and over the years, apart from the last few, we have done some reciprocal hospitality.

I called the club to enquire and the first response was "I don't think we are doing hospitality let me check" Next was "we will be doing something but suggest you call back in a couple of weeks".

Potentially 5 of us at around £80 a pop ex VAT based on previous pricing plus 2 or 3 pints before and 1 after = £100 bar bill.

Instead we have arranged to meet the clients off the train and go into town pre and post match.

Shambolic

PS Relegation already meant that we had knocked our annual corporate deal on the head as we struggled to fill it last year, that's another £6k the club will not be getting.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 02 Jul 2023 13:46

Sutekh Please tell us what the **** is going on.

When will the new kit be revealed and will it be ready to sell to the kiddies before christmas?

"No" - Dai Yongge.
Last edited by Orion1871 on 02 Jul 2023 14:08, edited 1 time in total.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 02 Jul 2023 13:52

About a week after the Government let us know.
Ask the FA
About two weeks before the next season starts (if you are lucky) and it may be
Ask Mr Dai
Ask Mr Dai
Ask the EFL
Ask the EFL
Maybe, maybe not to both parts
Of course not

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 02 Jul 2023 15:42

The Royal Forester

About a week after the Government let us know.
Ask the FA
About two weeks before the next season starts (if you are lucky) and it may be
Ask Mr Dai
Ask Mr Dai
Ask the EFL
Ask the EFL
Maybe, maybe not to both parts
Of course not

Cool

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 02 Jul 2023 17:18

ayjaydee I had an example of the current state of affairs this week.

I have a couple of clients who are Saints sth's and over the years, apart from the last few, we have done some reciprocal hospitality.

I called the club to enquire and the first response was "I don't think we are doing hospitality let me check" Next was "we will be doing something but suggest you call back in a couple of weeks".

Potentially 5 of us at around £80 a pop ex VAT based on previous pricing plus 2 or 3 pints before and 1 after = £100 bar bill.

Instead we have arranged to meet the clients off the train and go into town pre and post match.

Shambolic

PS Relegation already meant that we had knocked our annual corporate deal on the head as we struggled to fill it last year, that's another £6k the club will not be getting.

To be fair - the club has had better things to organise than it's hospitality sales for next season a month in advance. With respect, your post comes across as you being extremely impatient. Why aren't you able to wait a couple of weeks as they suggested?

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 02 Jul 2023 22:17

The club don't communicate, communication is not the Reading way

katweslowski

by katweslowski » 03 Jul 2023 08:32

Royal_jimmy The club don't communicate, communication is not the Reading way

I never thought it would piss me off as much as it has. I've never been one of those knobs shouting "announce xyz" on twitter or refreshing my feed, or having alerts on. Although I care, I don't care about knowing immediately.

However, as I've debated all summer about my season ticket, and felt entirely dejected and glum from relegation, I've got more and more sick of not seeing any updates.

It makes it even worse that the two updates have just been stupidly brief and uninformative. The last one I believe sounded reassuring and then the next day the EFL announced charges which just made me incredulous. They surely would have known but like a bunch of cowards decided avoided the issue.

The other thing that is frustrating is seeing posts like:

Season ticket deadline renewed
Listen to our expert on Climate Change (important but I want a club update)
Cup draw is next Tuesday
Schools week in the community
etc
etc

I also know that the social media team are not to blame, it's obviously coming from the top. Even Bowen who many on here were noshing off after he last appeared at a fans forum has disappeared. He had a bereavement but it was weeks ago and even before then was silent.

It makes it even more bemusing why some fans have so proudly said they've renewed. I'm loyal, but to a point, and the club have just milked us all summer by pushing fans to renew and knowingly and deliberately ignoring serious issues, fan frustrations, contact from STAR.

In short, the club can fck off. They're not getting a single penny from me (well maybe the odd game).

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 03 Jul 2023 08:39

katweslowski
Royal_jimmy The club don't communicate, communication is not the Reading way

I never thought it would piss me off as much as it has. I've never been one of those knobs shouting "announce xyz" on twitter or refreshing my feed, or having alerts on. Although I care, I don't care about knowing immediately.

However, as I've debated all summer about my season ticket, and felt entirely dejected and glum from relegation, I've got more and more sick of not seeing any updates.

It makes it even worse that the two updates have just been stupidly brief and uninformative. The last one I believe sounded reassuring and then the next day the EFL announced charges which just made me incredulous. They surely would have known but like a bunch of cowards decided avoided the issue.

The other thing that is frustrating is seeing posts like:

Season ticket deadline renewed
Listen to our expert on Climate Change (important but I want a club update)
Cup draw is next Tuesday
Schools week in the community
etc
etc

I also know that the social media team are not to blame, it's obviously coming from the top. Even Bowen who many on here were noshing off after he last appeared at a fans forum has disappeared. He had a bereavement but it was weeks ago and even before then was silent.

It makes it even more bemusing why some fans have so proudly said they've renewed. I'm loyal, but to a point, and the club have just milked us all summer by pushing fans to renew and knowingly and deliberately ignoring serious issues, fan frustrations, contact from STAR.

In short, the club can fck off. They're not getting a single penny from me (well maybe the odd game).

I know what you mean, no fan should gloat they're a 'better fan' because they've renewed. Whilst we are all fans of the club, watching the team is like a service. You want to have a clue what you might get before committing a lot of hard earned cash and time into it. At the end of the day we're paying customers and we've not had the quality of service and that's not even on the pitch yet, it's off of it. I've renewed mainly as I have little else to do on Saturdays and I'll back the team but I want Dai gone and I want Dayong Pang gone before anymore damage is done.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 03 Jul 2023 08:49

Well worth yet another new thread to discuss the clubs plight. Just what the doctor ordered.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 03 Jul 2023 08:52

NathStPaul Well worth yet another new thread to discuss the clubs plight. Just what the doctor ordered.

I, for one, simply can't get enough of them.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 03 Jul 2023 08:54

I dont think you have listed this in the right priotity order. Unless its your priority.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 03 Jul 2023 10:32

Ok, i'm not being an apologist for the club, but in these situations there are some genuine reasons why certain information can't be released. Legal stuff, commercial sensitivity and probably just basic corporate strategy. For example, if you're trying to get players through the door does it really help if you've confirmed publicly all the issues that are ongoing?

Saying that . . . we all know that Dai comes from a culture that avoids publicly airing its problems.

katweslowski

by katweslowski » 03 Jul 2023 10:37

Sutekh Have the club got cat 1 Academy status back?

I'm 95% sure we are ineligible to get category one whilst we are in League One

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 03 Jul 2023 10:45

katweslowski
Sutekh Have the club got cat 1 Academy status back?

I'm 95% sure we are ineligible to get category one whilst we are in League One

That’s not true because Derby have it.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 03 Jul 2023 10:50

I don’t see why the club needs to be providing us with regular updates tbh. I almost prefer the days before social media when any news about the club was either in the Reading Evening Post or Reading Chronicle. I am sure that when there’s some news that the fans need to hear we’ll be told.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 03 Jul 2023 11:04

blythspartan I don’t see why the club needs to be providing us with regular updates tbh. I almost prefer the days before social media when any news about the club was either in the Reading Evening Post or Reading Chronicle. I am sure that when there’s some news that the fans need to hear we’ll be told.

The club can't really win. If they say something they will be criticised for not saying enough or lying and if they say nothing they'll be accused of being disrespectful to the supporters.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 03 Jul 2023 11:19

Booooooo

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 03 Jul 2023 11:24

Elm Park Kid
ayjaydee I had an example of the current state of affairs this week.

Shambolic

To be fair - the club has had better things to organise than it's hospitality sales for next season a month in advance. With respect, your post comes across as you being extremely impatient. Why aren't you able to wait a couple of weeks as they suggested?

Impatient - guilty.

However I would disagree that the club has better things to do. Surely the very existence of a football club depends on getting bums on seats and maximising revenue. I'm pretty sure the hospitality team have no need to stray into the "better things to organise".

As to the why I'm not prepared to wait you can put it down to the disaffection with all things RFC currently.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 03 Jul 2023 11:48

I forwarded this to Dai and just received an official response to your questions, which I trust you'll find satisfactory.

"Thank you for your questions. You can be assured that the club is committed to making progress in the areas you have highlighted. Many thanks."