Embargos, HMRC Payment defaults, non payment of wages, the usual under Dai Wrongge

2562 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: another, thants right another embargo for late PAYE payments - a new embargo

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Jul 2023 14:26

Stranded
Snowflake Royal
Brogue
how many STs are paid for using the finance option? and how many are paid upfront? would be interesting to know that figure. If a lot are putting it on finance maybe the club doesn't get the bumper big payments. But i dunno how it works

That's a good point. I've never done the finance option so didn’t really think of it.

And I guess transfer fees are often in installments too.

With the finance option, wouldn't just be the company offering the finance pay the club in full immediately and then the purchaser has a contract with them to pay them back over 6 or 12 months with x% interest. So it should have zero impact on the club bar the source of funds.

Transfer fees will certainly be in installments unless otherwise agreed between the clubs.

Dunno how it works.

Linden Jones' Tash

Re: another, thants right another embargo for late PAYE payments - a new embargo

by Linden Jones' Tash » 27 Jul 2023 14:28

Clyde1998
Linden Jones' Tash I think the term 'investor' is being bandied out erroneously.

You invest to get a financial return.

We aren't looking for investors, we're looking for people with money to burn.

It ain't gonna grow if the new model is to live within our means.

'Funder', 'donator', 'bankroller', 'sugar daddy' - all better terms.

Does the club have an OnlyFans account?.... 8)

Isn't that where Sugar Daddies are found?

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 27 Jul 2023 14:33

Linden Jones' Tash
Clyde1998
Linden Jones' Tash I think the term 'investor' is being bandied out erroneously.

Does the club have an OnlyFans account?.... 8)

Isn't that where Sugar Daddies are found?

With all the filth coming out of the club, I'm surprised they haven't gone down that route. 8)

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 27 Jul 2023 14:56

We do have the sexiest squad in the football league, so think it could actually be a genuine option.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 27 Jul 2023 15:00

Stranded So the best case scenario here is that the club ensured the wage bill was met (as seems to be reported) and that tax payment was put off to allow that and cash will be freed up shortly to pay the tax and we can carry on with recruitment with new investment supposedly on the way.

Having paid the July wages to the club's employees. There's another liability that will need to be settled with the HMRC in a few weeks. Running up a downward escalator.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 27 Jul 2023 15:08

Clyde1998

Lunatic?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 27 Jul 2023 15:10

Lower West
Stranded So the best case scenario here is that the club ensured the wage bill was met (as seems to be reported) and that tax payment was put off to allow that and cash will be freed up shortly to pay the tax and we can carry on with recruitment with new investment supposedly on the way.

Having paid the July wages to the club's employees. There's another liability that will need to be settled with the HMRC in a few weeks. Running up a downward escalator.

Should have had all their signings sorted and lined up after the HMRC were paid late the first time. Typical lack of planning and you wonder why Wilder ran....

retro royal

by retro royal » 27 Jul 2023 15:12

Maybe it's got to the point our infrastructure is to big to support, Bearwood is £1.7 rateable value, no idea if wokingham borough council give any discount, academy isn't cheap minimum £2-3m, Ground rent £1.5m So that's minimum of £5m, gate receipts will be around £7m, that leaves nothing for squad, staff, maintenance etc. We will need outside money for sometime.

Yes Dai has oxf*rd up, Whoever comes will need to put around £15m a season at this level, they aint easy to find, even if it's late he's still putting money into the pit that is Reading FC right now, yes much of his making, but not sure who will want to buy us or how we get out of this.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 27 Jul 2023 15:20

retro royal Maybe it's got to the point our infrastructure is to big to support, Bearwood is £1.7 rateable value, no idea if wokingham borough council give any discount, academy isn't cheap minimum £2-3m, Ground rent £1.5m So that's minimum of £5m, gate receipts will be around £7m, that leaves nothing for squad, staff, maintenance etc. We will need outside money for sometime.

Yes Dai has oxf*rd up, Whoever comes will need to put around £15m a season at this level, they aint easy to find, even if it's late he's still putting money into the pit that is Reading FC right now, yes much of his making, but not sure who will want to buy us or how we get out of this.

There are people like that out there somewhere though, after all Bolton, Portsmouth, Derby and even Luton are still going concerns after being utter shambles in recent years.

retro royal

by retro royal » 27 Jul 2023 15:26

Sutekh
retro royal Maybe it's got to the point our infrastructure is to big to support, Bearwood is £1.7 rateable value, no idea if wokingham borough council give any discount, academy isn't cheap minimum £2-3m, Ground rent £1.5m So that's minimum of £5m, gate receipts will be around £7m, that leaves nothing for squad, staff, maintenance etc. We will need outside money for sometime.

There are people like that out there somewhere though, after all Bolton, Portsmouth, Derby and even Luton are still going concerns after being utter shambles in recent years.

Yes but none of them have a cat 1 academy (bar Derby) and top grade training ground which is my point, also all bar Luton had bigger average crowds than us last season and probably a good few seasons prior. Time the town got behind the royals, maybe the step down will get the crowds back

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 27 Jul 2023 15:42

It has as is the case with virtually all EFL clubs - where we are almost unique is we have had truly awful contract management over the past 5 or 6 years. We have not sold players at the peak of their value or even had a rule whereby if a player gets down to the last 12 months we sell them if they won't sign a new deal.

By being better at that then we fill the finance gaps that we clearly have - if we can get through this crap, the deals Bowen hs put in place seem to be a start of us getting better at that - i.e. if Savage develops as hopes, we could sell him for a decent fee in 2 or 3 years time - same with Knibbs and Smith.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 27 Jul 2023 15:49

Stranded

It has as is the case with virtually all EFL clubs - where we are almost unique is we have had truly awful contract management over the past 5 or 6 years. We have not sold players at the peak of their value or even had a rule whereby if a player gets down to the last 12 months we sell them if they won't sign a new deal.

By being better at that then we fill the finance gaps that we clearly have - if we can get through this crap, the deals Bowen hs put in place seem to be a start of us getting better at that - i.e. if Savage develops as hopes, we could sell him for a decent fee in 2 or 3 years time - same with Knibbs and Smith.

indeed, if we got our shit together with the contracts and not letting people go for pittance or anything at all, then the academy should be close to being self funding

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 27 Jul 2023 16:03

Sutekh
Lower West

Should have had all their signings sorted and lined up after the HMRC were paid late the first time. Typical lack of planning and you wonder why Wilder ran....

Is the CEO being honest with everyone? He is afterall the voice of Dai in the UK. You'd feel that confidence must be rapidly draining. How long before people want out?

wally bassoon

by wally bassoon » 27 Jul 2023 16:03

Same a previous, just quickly messaged my acquaintance at the club, asked if I needed to be worried, and he said no.
Again take from that what you want.

Chairman Mao
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Chairman Mao » 27 Jul 2023 16:04

Snowflake Royal
Brogue
Snowflake Royal The cash from 2 / 3 home games a month and the odd televised game isn’t going to be more than initial transfer fees + ST payments we should have taken in over the last month though is it...

We're going to sell, what, 3k - 5k tickets a game max... monthly matchday revenue isn’t going to be more than about £500k max.

how many STs are paid for using the finance option? and how many are paid upfront? would be interesting to know that figure. If a lot are putting it on finance maybe the club doesn't get the bumper big payments. But i dunno how it works

That's a good point. I've never done the finance option so didn’t really think of it.

finance is through an outside company isnt it, so club gets the money up front, and you pay the other company back?

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 27 Jul 2023 16:07

Chairman Mao
Snowflake Royal
Brogue

finance is through an outside company isnt it, so club gets the money up front, and you pay the other company back?

i dunno how it works

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 27 Jul 2023 16:08

wally bassoon Same a previous, just quickly messaged my acquaintance at the club, asked if I needed to be worried, and he said no.

good. he's been spot on in the past if i remember correctly :?:

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 27 Jul 2023 16:10

Chairman Mao
Snowflake Royal
Brogue

Essentially so - similar to say using Paypal's Pay in 30 Days function - Paypal pay the vendor and then you just have a deal in place with Paypal to pay them in 30 days.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 27 Jul 2023 16:12

Brogue
wally bassoon Same a previous, just quickly messaged my acquaintance at the club, asked if I needed to be worried, and he said no.

Just need to pay it then.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 27 Jul 2023 16:15

Brogue

Yep, good enough for me.

2562 posts