Embargos, HMRC Payment defaults, non payment of wages, the usual under Dai Wrongge

2562 posts
Einstein agogo
Hob Nob Regular

Re: another, another, yes another - you heard me right, another embargo 2023 for late PAYE payments

by Einstein agogo » 30 Oct 2023 09:58

With regard to the Independent Investigation, the Independent Investigator issued a report of the
Independent Investigation to the independent investigation committee of the Company.....
:lol: :shock:

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

Re: another, another, yes another - you heard me right, another embargo 2023 for late PAYE payments

by windermereROYAL » 30 Oct 2023 19:51

D day tomorrow, will they be paid or won`t they?

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 31 Oct 2023 07:50

According to Dellor at the weekend the outstanding bills should be paid today. I assume he means the wages, along with money owed to HMRC. It would be great to hear some positive news, but this is Reading so who knows.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Oct 2023 08:23

blythspartan According to Dellor at the weekend the outstanding bills should be paid today. I assume he means the wages, along with money owed to HMRC. It would be great to hear some positive news, but this is Reading so who knows.

Don't think there are any outstanding wages to pay. Or we'd be under investigation again and on the way to 2 points from 14 games.

This may not be the case in a couple of days.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 31 Oct 2023 08:33

Snowflake Royal
blythspartan According to Dellor at the weekend the outstanding bills should be paid today. I assume he means the wages, along with money owed to HMRC. It would be great to hear some positive news, but this is Reading so who knows.

Don't think there are any outstanding wages to pay. Or we'd be under investigation again and on the way to 2 points from 14 games.

It's not outstanding in terms that it is late but it is due today so is "outstanding". If a potential new owner covers everything today - even if the wages are covered today - then that will be a strong sign that we are close to a takeover.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 31 Oct 2023 08:36

Stranded
Snowflake Royal

It's not outstanding in terms that it is late but it is due today so is "outstanding". If a potential new owner covers everything today - even if the wages are covered today - then that will be a strong sign that we are close to a takeover.

And if it doesn't happen we've climbed another rung on the omnifcuked ladder.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 31 Oct 2023 08:37

Sheffield wednesday owner asking 20.000 fans to pay £100 each to cover wages and tax for this month. :D

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 31 Oct 2023 08:39

Snowflake Royal

Could be paying off scl is the rumours were correct that they had paid the last bill

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 31 Oct 2023 09:23

Earnshaw reporting still no exclusivity. So can't imagine any potential buyer is going to loan us the money for payday and HMRC yet.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 31 Oct 2023 09:35

WestYorksRoyal Earnshaw reporting still no exclusivity. So can't imagine any potential buyer is going to loan us the money for payday and HMRC yet.

Yeah, I saw that too.

Unfortunately, it means the shit show is far from over and we’re stuck with Selles.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 31 Oct 2023 09:41

WestYorksRoyal Earnshaw reporting still no exclusivity. So can't imagine any potential buyer is going to loan us the money for payday and HMRC yet.
Unless it was a loan against the Stadium, which would be interesting as Mike Ashley might be collecting football stadiums since he's Coventry's landlord.
Would also be like a mortgage whereby they couldn't sell it until he's repaid.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 31 Oct 2023 09:45

I mean, we all know what the issue is don't we? Dai is holding out for stupid money, and the only one willing to pay it can't afford to do so.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 31 Oct 2023 09:46

The club can't take a loan out against the stadium obviously. Dai's business that owns the stadium could take a loan out and transfer it to the club - from what we've seen though i'm not sure he'd be interested in doing that.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 31 Oct 2023 09:57

WestYorksRoyal I mean, we all know what the issue is don't we? Dai is holding out for stupid money, and the only one willing to pay it can't afford to do so.

Maybe he's not holding out for stupid money but sensible offers ... as we're so oxf*rd, any buyer will be tempted to offer as little as they can.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 31 Oct 2023 10:25

Royalwaster
WestYorksRoyal I mean, we all know what the issue is don't we? Dai is holding out for stupid money, and the only one willing to pay it can't afford to do so.

Maybe he's not holding out for stupid money but sensible offers ... as we're so oxf*rd, any buyer will be tempted to offer as little as they can.

If he's holding out for a "sensible" offer that nobody is willing to bid that means he's holding out for stupid money.

A business is worth the money it will generate. He's mismanaged it so that it's losing money every week which means a reasonable value is £1. Granted we have some land assets, but the stadium is so heavily protected that its only value is what is can generate from footballing activity. Perhaps there could be some value from Bearwood, plus player values that are off balance sheet. Top of a new owner's list would be a new contract to protect Abbey's value, for example.

But overall, he's run the club into the ground so that it is worth fcuk all. And he will get fcuk all. This process will only end if/when he recognises that.

royalstevep68

by royalstevep68 » 31 Oct 2023 10:38

Probably not far offer. It’s worth only a nominal value of £1 of the buyer is willing to take on the debt. I suspect the buyer might want to do that but also reduce the debt owed which is mostly owed to Dai. If that debt is £170 million or so and assuming that’s mostly owed to Dai then the buyer might want that reduced to let’s say £150 million. Dai might say no or just cut his losses .

With £1 purchase the club and assuming the debt is £170 million then the sale is worth £170 million plus £1. The assets of the club are likely to be at best £80milion. Just seems crazy way to run a business, it’s likely that most businesses run with debt but that level of debt is crazy

WestYorksRoyal
Royalwaster

If he's holding out for a "sensible" offer that nobody is willing to bid that means he's holding out for stupid money.

A business is worth the money it will generate. He's mismanaged it so that it's losing money every week which means a reasonable value is £1. Granted we have some land assets, but the stadium is so heavily protected that its only value is what is can generate from footballing activity. Perhaps there could be some value from Bearwood, plus player values that are off balance sheet. Top of a new owner's list would be a new contract to protect Abbey's value, for example.

But overall, he's run the club into the ground so that it is worth fcuk all. And he will get fcuk all. This process will only end if/when he recognises that.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 31 Oct 2023 11:23

New winding up petition from HMRC. :(

Hope the courts play hardball and set a short term deadline. Dai will accept reasonable offers when the alternative is liquidation.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 31 Oct 2023 11:26

WestYorksRoyal New winding up petition from HMRC. :(

Hope the courts play hardball and set a short term deadline. Dai will accept reasonable offers when the alternative is liquidation.

New as in issued today?

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 31 Oct 2023 11:27

SouthDownsRoyal

New as in issued today?

Appeared on their website today. Think it was actually issued yesterday.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 31 Oct 2023 11:28

WestYorksRoyal
SouthDownsRoyal

New as in issued today?

Appeared on their website today. Think it was actually issued yesterday.

Thank yiu

2562 posts