Embargos, HMRC Payment defaults, non payment of wages, the usual under Dai Wrongge

2555 posts
WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: I've lost count - Embargos, HMRC Payent defaults, non payment of wages, the usual under Dai Wrongge

by WestYorksRoyal » 30 Nov 2023 16:45

Hound
Elm Park Kid Brace yourself for some bad news guys.......

More like absolutely horrendous news

Solely on the football side - So another -4 points, all that positivity down the drain

And obvs shocking news to anyone relying on that pay cheque, esp at this time of the year.

Shit news for Brogue less importantly who ensured us it was going to be paid

Terrible on every level, except Brogue. This really feels like the killer blow this season - see off any momentum and confirm relegation. Plus who knows what it means for the takeover and ending this sorry chapter. If I was Genevra I'd be cutting my price to allow for inevitable points deductions.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: I've lost count - Embargos, HMRC Payent defaults, non payment of wages, the usual under Dai Wrongge

by WestYorksRoyal » 30 Nov 2023 16:49

Needle
WestYorksRoyal Televised game on Sunday. Time for match abandonment?

At another ground? That'd be a pcunt's trick

It's fine. Eastleigh will go into the 3rd round and get a chance of an even bigger tie.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Nov 2023 16:52

Updated to players wages HAVE been paid

Staff to get majority of wages on Tuesday

Still utter shit but might get away with that points deduction

Needle

by Needle » 30 Nov 2023 16:52

WestYorksRoyal
Needle
WestYorksRoyal Televised game on Sunday. Time for match abandonment?

It's fine. Eastleigh will go into the 3rd round and get a chance of an even bigger tie.

And we've no beef with the FA/FA Cup.

I wouldn't do it vs Charlton either as our name's on the trophy.

Save it for a league match

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 30 Nov 2023 16:55

It's now being reported that players paid in full and remaining staff will be paid by Tuesday. This because the EFL penalties are for failing to pay players.

I'm still furious. Players are paid more and should never be prioritised over regular workers for whom this will be a hammer blow. I hope Ejaria enjoys the £40k or so landing in his account. My mortgage and bills go out on 1st every month; no doubt many staff are the same.

Obviously I don't want any more deductions, but I hope the EFL update their rules and find any technicality they can to punish him on this. If a new owner comes in, perhaps the punishment is moot. But otherwise I'd totally understand a deduction.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 30 Nov 2023 16:58

Needle
WestYorksRoyal
Needle

And we've no beef with the FA/FA Cup.

I wouldn't do it vs Charlton either as our name's on the trophy.

Save it for a league match

We're not protesting against the EFL. We're protesting against Dai and trying to gain attention. Nobody cares about L1, but a romantic, televised FA Cup fixture? That may just get people's attention.

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 30 Nov 2023 17:03

Around 10 years ago, SJM got a £10M loan with Vibrac - as advised by C. Samuelson - which eventually led to the lender being instrumental in the sale.

Would something like this be needed now?

Esteban

by Esteban » 30 Nov 2023 17:05

It's unsurprising, but the absolute lowest of the low. As CEO Dayong should be foregoing his salary to those poor sods not on the playing staff who turn up to work each day for this shyster and his boss. Maybe he has, but I wouldn't bank on it.

If the EFL deduct points from us for this, given we've tried to escape a punishment on a technicality, then we absolutely deserve it. :x

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 30 Nov 2023 17:09

They may well avoid a deduction for this move, but will most likely get one for the repeated unpaid tax.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Nov 2023 17:25

Linden Jones' Tash Around 10 years ago, SJM got a £10M loan with Vibrac - as advised by C. Samuelson - which eventually led to the lender being instrumental in the sale.

Would something like this be needed now?

Given tbat Vibrac loan nearly destroyed the club, GTFO.

It was Zingarevich anyway.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Nov 2023 17:28

Also, it's another hammer blow to brogue's credibility.

And Dai is a thunderpcunt.

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 30 Nov 2023 17:32

it would be so easy for the ELF rules to say points deductions are incurred if clubs don't pay staff as well as players.

But sadly you'd see struggling clubs just make the staff redundant before taking the points deduction.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 30 Nov 2023 17:37

Webster750 Staff only receiving a portion of their wages today. Disgusting at any time, let alone this close to Christmas.

Does "staff" include players? I know that it should in general but so often there is a distinction made.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 30 Nov 2023 17:42

Sutekh
Webster750 Staff only receiving a portion of their wages today. Disgusting at any time, let alone this close to Christmas.

Does "staff" include players? I know that it should in general but so often there is a distinction made.

Nope, they paid playing staff 100% wages, agree with others that failing to pay any staff should result in a points deduction or you get a situation like this where the ones who can easily take care of themselves get 100% of their wages while the ones who are more likely to be struggling, especially this close to Christmas get oxf*rd.

It's just not right.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Nov 2023 17:49

I just don’t get how this is possible.

We have to have a higher income than anticipated. Home Attendances (at least tickets) are on a par with last season and it would have been madness to forecast on anything but a reduction, given the lower level and smaller away support.

Away attendances are up!

We've progressed beyond our first game of the League and FA Cup plus into the second round of the Trophy. We shouldn't be forecasting on uncertain income so we should only plan for what we'd get from small club tie initial losses. That means we should have unforecast prize money.

And yet we can't pay our wage and tax bill on time.

Why on Earth did we sign the likes of Mola, Pereira, Mukairu and Dean? All positions where we are maybe lacking a bit of quality, but where we had bodies. And none of them are exactly holding down a firm place in the first team!

We have a big squad, if we're so strapped for cash why don't we have a tight one? Why did we hire a PL coach to manage in L1?

It's infuriating. Dai has clearly lied to the FL and recruitment team about the level at which he can/will fund the club. Pcunt.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 30 Nov 2023 17:49

This sale really can't come quick enough for everyone.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 30 Nov 2023 17:55

It’s oxf*rd disgusting not paying staff. It’s a shame they can’t sack Ejaria and pay his wages to the people that actually work.

It doesn’t look like exclusivity is even close so this shit show will continue indefinitely.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 30 Nov 2023 18:04

This was shaping up to be our best week of the season so far, arguably 2023. 2 wins, sale close. Well that's all ruined now.

Stepping back from the anger and sympathy for staff, the most important question is what this means for the takeover. An extra EFL charge is possible, it could be a hitch. He just needs to go. We need an end to this nightmare.

My mind is cast to a Mick McCarthy interview in an appalling run of results. "Mick, it can't go on like this can it?" "Well it can, of course it can". We're all in a similar disbelief; it can't go on like this. Unfortunately it can.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Nov 2023 18:09

blythspartan It’s oxf*rd disgusting not paying staff. It’s a shame they can’t sack Ejaria and pay his wages to the people that actually work.

It doesn’t look like exclusivity is even close so this shit show will continue indefinitely.

Yeah, that charlatan is getting something in the region of £60k or more (less tax presumably) this month.

That goes a long way round office staff, club shop, catering, groundsmen, youth coaches etc.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 30 Nov 2023 19:08

If the EFL really want to force the issue, they could give Dai a deadline to prove the club can fulfil its fixtures for the remainder of the season or face expulsion. They have done this before; Bury as a small club got expelled while Bolton and Derby got multiple lives.

It would be a high stakes game of chicken, but would force him to get a move on with the sale.

2555 posts