Embargos, HMRC Payment defaults, non payment of wages, the usual under Dai Wrongge

2555 posts
Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

Re: I've lost count - Embargos, HMRC Payent defaults, non payment of wages, the usual under Dai Wrongge

by Royal_jimmy » 22 Dec 2023 17:02

Stranded
Royal Ginger Playing devils advocate a bit here, but if a third were academy staff, that’s 5-6. It’s not impossible that one was a cook, one was a groundskeeper, one was overnight security etc etc. Absolutely awful for those poor buggers but we might not be nuking the coaching staff.

I believe some are support staff not just coaches - I imagine, that any redundancies, as shit as it is will have been done with an eye of keeping the Academy staffed up to Cat 1 level.

Selles has confirmed at least 5 redundancies, I assume on the football side, to James Earnshaw, and also that overnight stays are out for the time being. Will leave for Peterborough on the morning of the match. Away defeat nailed on there then and Carlisle away will be fun.

Yeah travelling to Carlisle on the day won't be pleasant! 6 hour coach journey before a match.

Maybe we can put a fund towards getting a hotel sorted from fans if it becomes a relegation 6 pointer?

Fleetwood away is an evening kickoff so they can leave at 9am and get there for 3pm.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

Re: I've lost count - Embargos, HMRC Payent defaults, non payment of wages, the usual under Dai Wrongge

by The Royal Forester » 22 Dec 2023 17:03

blythspartan As much as I don’t like the idea of anyone being made redundant, I see all this as the club trying to get their house in order in time for a potential sell. Irrespective of whether I like it or not it needs to happen, as right now the senior management need to do everything within their power to save the club.

Absolutely, absolutely.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 22 Dec 2023 17:05

On the away travel bit as well, many of these players still get £3k a week, not that it's acceptable but surely can't they temporarily fund their hotel stays and get paid back when the clubs in a lesser mess?

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 22 Dec 2023 17:16

Royal_jimmy On the away travel bit as well, many of these players still get £3k a week, not that it's acceptable but surely can't they temporarily fund their hotel stays and get paid back when the clubs in a lesser mess?

Presumably something like this will happen. Our next away day is manageable in Peterborough, but the idea we'll travel to places like Carlisle, Fleetwood and Wigan on the day is nuts.

Senior players putting into the pot could really help build team morale, as I imagine it's a lot more expensive to Dorsett and Abbey than it is to Yiadom and Wing.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 22 Dec 2023 17:53

At least some good news, Dellor has confirmed that the tax was paid and funds are in place for all the wages this month.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 22 Dec 2023 19:28

Mid Sussex Royal At least some good news, Dellor has confirmed that the tax was paid and funds are in place for all the wages this month.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Dec 2023 19:32

Wtf

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 23 Dec 2023 07:19

Mid Sussex Royal At least some good news, Dellor has confirmed that the tax was paid and funds are in place for all the wages this month.

Sad that this has to be news but Dai is a very confusing man.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 23 Dec 2023 08:39

Stranded

Paid by SCL ?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 23 Dec 2023 08:53

Sutekh
Stranded

Paid by SCL ?

Always possible but be surprised if they have covered all tax & wages. They are a successful company but paying tax & wages for 2 companies will hurt them financially.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Dec 2023 11:37

Stranded
Sutekh
Stranded

Paid by SCL ?

Always possible but be surprised if they have covered all tax & wages. They are a successful company but paying tax & wages for 2 companies will hurt them financially.

The staff wages are one thing, the player wages are a different level entirely.

I can't see how SCL could pay the player wages... they're going to be multiple times the amount of the staff wages. Easily 4 times as much, maybe as high as 10 times.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 23 Dec 2023 12:45

Snowflake Royal
Stranded
Sutekh
Paid by SCL ?

I can't see how SCL could pay the player wages... they're going to be multiple times the amount of the staff wages. Easily 4 times as much, maybe as high as 10 times.

Those guys at SCL must be really patient with us. I know they are big Reading fans but there must be times they are thinking "what did we do wrong to end up sponsoring this shower of sh*te"

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 23 Dec 2023 13:57

Ascotexgunner
Snowflake Royal
Stranded

Those guys at SCL must be really patient with us. I know they are big Reading fans but there must be times they are thinking "what did we do wrong to end up sponsoring this shower of sh*te"

However, in not the right way at all, they're probably getting more of a noticed profile than if everything at the club was perfect.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 23 Dec 2023 19:02

I have to say that if ever I was in the market for a car lease deal I'd go straight to Select Car Leasing.

They really are building some kudos with Reading fans.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 23 Dec 2023 19:07

PieEater I have to say that if ever I was in the market for a car lease deal I'd go straight to Select Car Leasing.

They really are building some kudos with Reading fans.

They’re pretty much the market leader and have the best prices too. So yes you’d be foolish to go anywhere else

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 23 Dec 2023 22:26

WestYorksRoyal
Royal_jimmy On the away travel bit as well, many of these players still get £3k a week, not that it's acceptable but surely can't they temporarily fund their hotel stays and get paid back when the clubs in a lesser mess?

Presumably something like this will happen. Our next away day is manageable in Peterborough, but the idea we'll travel to places like Carlisle, Fleetwood and Wigan on the day is nuts.

Senior players putting into the pot could really help build team morale, as I imagine it's a lot more expensive to Dorsett and Abbey than it is to Yiadom and Wing.

Carlisle travel lodge is £35 a night at the moment, fans travelling up can afford it, i'm sure the players on thousands a week can afford a room.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 23 Dec 2023 23:46

72 bus
WestYorksRoyal

Carlisle travel lodge is £35 a night at the moment, fans travelling up can afford it, i'm sure the players on thousands a week can afford a room.

They should all pay for the rooms themselves and then expense it. Simples

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 24 Dec 2023 03:20

I may be the only person who has been to Carlisle it was midweek game I took two day’s off work. One Smiths coach which was an old school coach no tv uncomfortable seats. Left Elm Park at 11:AM 6 hours later we arrived at Brunton Park which has hardly changed since the 80s with one stand longer than the pitch.
Terrible game 0-0 freezing arrived back at 4:30 in the morning. At least the coaches are comfortable now and you can kip listen to a podcast or watch your iPad. Compared to my trek that would be luxury.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 29 Dec 2023 15:26

Assuming the wages have been paid today ok as per Dellor's Twitter post last week.

Nothing I've seen on Twitter today either way...

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 29 Dec 2023 19:42

Royal_jimmy
Stranded
Royal Ginger Playing devils advocate a bit here, but if a third were academy staff, that’s 5-6. It’s not impossible that one was a cook, one was a groundskeeper, one was overnight security etc etc. Absolutely awful for those poor buggers but we might not be nuking the coaching staff.

I believe some are support staff not just coaches - I imagine, that any redundancies, as shit as it is will have been done with an eye of keeping the Academy staffed up to Cat 1 level.

Selles has confirmed at least 5 redundancies, I assume on the football side, to James Earnshaw, and also that overnight stays are out for the time being. Will leave for Peterborough on the morning of the match. Away defeat nailed on there then and Carlisle away will be fun.

Yeah travelling to Carlisle on the day won't be pleasant! 6 hour coach journey before a match.

Maybe we can put a fund towards getting a hotel sorted from fans if it becomes a relegation 6 pointer?

Fleetwood away is an evening kickoff so they can leave at 9am and get there for 3pm.

Fans on circa £30k a year raise funds for players on £150k+ a year? Fukc off.

2555 posts