Embargos, HMRC Payment defaults, non payment of wages, the usual under Dai Wrongge

2555 posts
SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: I've lost count - Embargos, HMRC Payent defaults, non payment of wages, the usual under Dai Wrongge

by SouthDownsRoyal » 30 Dec 2023 08:21

Jagermesiter1871
Royal_jimmy
Stranded
I believe some are support staff not just coaches - I imagine, that any redundancies, as shit as it is will have been done with an eye of keeping the Academy staffed up to Cat 1 level.

Selles has confirmed at least 5 redundancies, I assume on the football side, to James Earnshaw, and also that overnight stays are out for the time being. Will leave for Peterborough on the morning of the match. Away defeat nailed on there then and Carlisle away will be fun.

Yeah travelling to Carlisle on the day won't be pleasant! 6 hour coach journey before a match.

Maybe we can put a fund towards getting a hotel sorted from fans if it becomes a relegation 6 pointer?

Fleetwood away is an evening kickoff so they can leave at 9am and get there for 3pm.

Fans on circa £30k a year raise funds for players on £150k+ a year? Fukc off.

This

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

Re: I've lost count - Embargos, HMRC Payent defaults, non payment of wages, the usual under Dai Wrongge

by windermereROYAL » 30 Dec 2023 08:27

You would have thought Carlisle to be an exception to the rule

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 30 Dec 2023 08:32

windermereROYAL You would have thought Carlisle to be an exception to the rule

Couldn't you offer to put them up for the night :wink:

Felt91

by Felt91 » 30 Dec 2023 17:39

Mid Sussex Royal Assuming the wages have been paid today ok as per Dellor's Twitter post last week.

Nothing I've seen on Twitter today either way...

The staff have been paid and not from China is what I have heard from someone who works at the club.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 05 Jan 2024 14:54

Andrew Sparkes and Eddie Niedzwiecki have been let go. 3 things:

1. They are important staff members so the club must really be desperate.

2. Indicates that no takeover is close.

3. May well effect performances on the pitch. Who is assisting Selles now?

How long until the lights are turned off?

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 05 Jan 2024 14:59

WestYorksRoyal Andrew Sparkes and Eddie Niedzwiecki have been let go. 3 things:

You would have also thought that either they were under contract or eligible for redundancy payment. So, we can't have saved much in the short term from doing this.

SpaghettiHoop

by SpaghettiHoop » 05 Jan 2024 15:01

Perhaps the takeover is close and we're doing the new owners dirty work?

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 05 Jan 2024 15:04

Elm Park Kid

You would have also thought that either they were under contract or eligible for redundancy payment. So, we can't have saved much in the short term from doing this.

Statutory redundancy pay is fcuk all, and £nil if you have worked fewer than 2 years like Sparkes. It will definitely be a saving.

I fear it's indicative that Dai is not going anywhere soon. Instead of selling up, he's turning off his funding tap to the minimum. I appreciate the irony at complaining about this when we've all been asking for sustainability, but it strikes me as a sinking ship as opposed to a sensible plan to become sustainable.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 05 Jan 2024 15:13

WestYorksRoyal
Elm Park Kid

Statutory redundancy pay is fcuk all, and £nil if you have worked fewer than 2 years like Sparkes. It will definitely be a saving.

I fear it's indicative that Dai is not going anywhere soon. Instead of selling up, he's turning off his funding tap to the minimum. I appreciate the irony at complaining about this when we've all been asking for sustainability, but it strikes me as a sinking ship as opposed to a sensible plan to become sustainable.

Definitely stripping everything back to the absolute bone in all areas - clearly got rid of 2 coaches that are probably on a decent wedge but are "least important". Sad times nonetheless - club continues to disappear before our eyes.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 05 Jan 2024 15:16

I’m surprised this didn’t happen at the start of the season we still had a back room staff of a championship club. too top heavy, too many staff on our books. We always knew staff were going to be made redundant when we went down. It’s just taken 8 months longer than it should have done.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 05 Jan 2024 15:19

James Earnshaw saying the club has insisted it wants to retain category 1 academy when asked. Scarcely seems believability. And agree that news of cuts would have made sense in June after relegation and you could argue it's overdue, but it's so much more disruptive mid season.

Amazing how so many people assume administration must be close, without the knowledge that only Dai or his stooges on the Board have the power to do it. Pretty sure he won't.

If he has plan, it must be to hope we stay in and then sell a L1, slightly more sustainable club. But I don't think he has a plan.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 05 Jan 2024 15:52

Do the Beeb know some we don't....check the last sentance.. :lol:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67895945

wally bassoon

by wally bassoon » 05 Jan 2024 16:05

Sparkes has been looking to get out for a while, wants to get back to the prem as a keeping coach again, not really enjoying the assistant managers role.

But agree, doesn't look great

Darlo Royal

by Darlo Royal » 05 Jan 2024 16:20

Seems to me that Dai, a proud and arrogant man who is not used to being challenged, has taken umbrage at the very public criticism of him over the past few months, and has decided he is in no hurry to sell the club, and certainly not cheaply.
In the meantime, he has decided not to subsidise the club any longer, hence the need to make these cost savings.
He will be quite happy to sit back and watch the club waste away, as long as it doesn’t cost him any more money. He is taking revenge for his public humiliation on national tv.

Fox Talbot
Hob Nob Regular

by Fox Talbot » 05 Jan 2024 16:27

I think that's the third time Eddie Niezwicki has been sacked by Reading - is that a club record?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Jan 2024 16:53

Bowen can’t be too happy having to let his bestie go

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 05 Jan 2024 17:00

Selles next?

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 05 Jan 2024 17:00

It might be that we got rid of the two most underperforming members of the coaching team. Bowen may have been told that we needed to cut costs and between him and Selles, they moved on the worst ones. That's what a well-run club would do though.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 05 Jan 2024 17:14

YorkshireRoyal99 It might be that we got rid of the two most underperforming members of the coaching team. Bowen may have been told that we needed to cut costs and between him and Selles, they moved on the worst ones. That's what a well-run club would do though.

EN was head of player development rather than a coach per se. I think he had responsibility for the individual professional development plans for each player incl. any loans while they are at the club which is apparently a "big" thing to have when persuading younger players to join or bigger clubs to loan in players.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Jan 2024 17:26

Sutekh
YorkshireRoyal99 It might be that we got rid of the two most underperforming members of the coaching team. Bowen may have been told that we needed to cut costs and between him and Selles, they moved on the worst ones. That's what a well-run club would do though.

EN was head of player development rather than a coach per se. I think he had responsibility for the individual professional development plans for each player incl. any loans while they are at the club which is apparently a "big" thing to have when persuading younger players to join or bigger clubs to loan in players.

He was basically Bowen’s mate. Helping out where he could generally I suspect

Shame to lose him and do wonder what Bowen thinks about it.

2555 posts