Embargos, HMRC Payment defaults, non payment of wages, the usual under Dai Wrongge

2555 posts
NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Embargos, HMRC Payment defaults, non payment of wages, the usual under Dai Wrongge

by NathStPaul » 21 Jan 2024 20:39

LOL. How embarrassing for Anthony Smith. The Gymshark fella has just completely denied it directly and cited the reasons as to why.

Do not ever believe these fake reporters folks, they just want interactions.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Embargos, HMRC Payment defaults, non payment of wages, the usual under Dai Wrongge

by Royal_jimmy » 21 Jan 2024 20:57

Anthony Smith is a twat

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 21 Jan 2024 20:58

I am now feeling sorry for this Smith lad. I doubt he just made it up.

Someone has massively stitched him up though.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 21 Jan 2024 21:02

Winston Biscuit I am now feeling sorry for this Smith lad. I doubt he just made it up.

Someone has massively stitched him up though.

He's got a lot of previous. He's making up bullshit for likes, it's completely on him. Nobody should feel sorry for the guy, he clearly hasn't verified any information he allegedly received.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 21 Jan 2024 21:03

Yup he said a takeover was imminent in July and that didn't happen

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 21 Jan 2024 21:05

You'd never get this kind of nonsense from Johnny Low. :?

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 21 Jan 2024 21:05

Some Chinese dude has said he will let us know when something happens

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 21 Jan 2024 21:07

Brogue Some Chinese dude has said he will let us know when something happens

The one who said the Storey rumour was true and that he was backed by Red Bird :lol:

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 21 Jan 2024 21:09

Right now I'd take William Storey as our owner I think

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 21 Jan 2024 21:10

Brogue Some Chinese dude has said he will let us know when something happens

I'm only believing it when you report it.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 21 Jan 2024 21:13

NathStPaul LOL. How embarrassing for Anthony Smith. The Gymshark fella has just completely denied it directly and cited the reasons as to why.

https://twitter.com/BenFrancis1992/stat ... 9352088779
I’m sorry but this isn’t true. I’m a Villa fan through and through and wouldn’t have an involvement with any other club. Plus I’m far too busy at Gymshark! All the best I hope you can get everything sorted

Oof.

Rax

by Rax » 21 Jan 2024 21:27

Clyde1998
NathStPaul LOL. How embarrassing for Anthony Smith. The Gymshark fella has just completely denied it directly and cited the reasons as to why.

https://twitter.com/BenFrancis1992/stat ... 9352088779
I’m sorry but this isn’t true. I’m a Villa fan through and through and wouldn’t have an involvement with any other club. Plus I’m far too busy at Gymshark! All the best I hope you can get everything sorted

Oof.

TBF - he's getting roasted on Twitter, even Ady Williams is mocking!

What a Bellend! (Smith, not Ady!!)

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 22 Jan 2024 08:06

NathStPaul
Webster750 Anthony Smith @smudgersport - 19:41

Hearing Gymshark's Ben Francis is on the verge of becoming the sole #readingfc owner. Name has been mentioned for a while in connection with William Storey and Genevra consortium, and I'm told a deal is almost done.

Yes please!

Don't trust a word Anthony Smith says. He just enjoys the Twitter interactions.

Certainly going to have a few of those now!

However his latest report is...

Anthony Smith
@Smudgersport
11h
Just to clarify this came from a #readingfc staff member. Changes are already taking place behind the scenes, so things are clearly progressing. Not Ben Francis as believed, at least we have clarity.

So perhaps there is something rumbling just with the names changed to protect the innocent. :?

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 22 Jan 2024 08:23

Royal_jimmy Anthony Smith is a twat

Never has the phrase "takes one to know one" been more apt.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 22 Jan 2024 08:28

Next PAYE payment due today.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Jan 2024 08:29

Sutekh
NathStPaul
Webster750 Anthony Smith @smudgersport - 19:41

Hearing Gymshark's Ben Francis is on the verge of becoming the sole #readingfc owner. Name has been mentioned for a while in connection with William Storey and Genevra consortium, and I'm told a deal is almost done.

Yes please!

Don't trust a word Anthony Smith says. He just enjoys the Twitter interactions.

Anthony Smith
@Smudgersport
11h
Just to clarify this came from a #readingfc staff member. Changes are already taking place behind the scenes, so things are clearly progressing. Not Ben Francis as believed, at least we have clarity.

So perhaps there is something rumbling just with the names changed to protect the innocent. :?

So the guy who has been done up like a kipper still trusts the person who did him up like a kipper?

What changes? How do they show things are clearly progressing.

Seems this is most likely deflection for some of the heat in the hope that when nothing has happened in two/three weeks no one remembers this.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 22 Jan 2024 08:40

Snowflake Royal
Sutekh
NathStPaul Don't trust a word Anthony Smith says. He just enjoys the Twitter interactions.

Anthony Smith
@Smudgersport
11h

So the guy who has been done up like a kipper still trusts the person who did him up like a kipper?

Seems this is most likely deflection for some of the heat in the hope that when nothing has happened in two/three weeks no one remembers this.

Yes it was a classic blame shift manoeuvre. He should have just come out and apologised, people would have moved on quite quickly and forgotten about it. I used to feel bad for the guy, I've spoken to him on a number of occasions and he is a nice bloke. He has got a terrible track record of doing this kind of thing though so my sympathy has run out.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 22 Jan 2024 08:45

NathStPaul
Snowflake Royal
Sutekh

Yes it was a classic blame shift manoeuvre. He should have just come out and apologised, people would have moved on quite quickly and forgotten about it. I used to feel bad for the guy, I've spoken to him on a number of occasions and he is a nice bloke. He has got a terrible track record of doing this kind of thing though so my sympathy has run out.

If there's any truth in his 2nd tweet at all, we'll know fairly quickly. There are lots of well connected journos, plus the club would want to put out good news such as assurances over wages being paid, heating on etc., to put off protests.

If we don't see more noise this week, it's officially all bollox, if it isn't already.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 22 Jan 2024 08:47

WestYorksRoyal
NathStPaul
Snowflake Royal So the guy who has been done up like a kipper still trusts the person who did him up like a kipper?

If there's any truth in his 2nd tweet at all, we'll know fairly quickly. There are lots of well connected journos, plus the club would want to put out good news such as assurances over wages being paid, heating on etc., to put off protests.

If we don't see more noise this week, it's officially all bollox, if it isn't already.

Smith hasn't been a journalist for about 3 years, I seriously doubt he has any solid sources at the club. The whole things reeks of someone having a few glasses of red wine on a Sunday night looking to relive their former career and get interactions from people on social media.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 22 Jan 2024 09:46

I think the only thing we have clarity on is Smith's journalistic reliability. We'll be signing Yerdar Selzavon from Aberdeen next.

2555 posts