Embargos, HMRC Payment defaults, non payment of wages, the usual under Dai Wrongge

2555 posts
WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Embargos, HMRC Payment defaults, non payment of wages, the usual under Dai Wrongge

by WestYorksRoyal » 30 Jan 2024 17:06

Also, on top of the transfer window jeopardy, tomorrow is payday. You'd seriously seriously hope we have the funds this month, otherwise we're even more fcuked than we think we are.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Embargos, HMRC Payment defaults, non payment of wages, the usual under Dai Wrongge

by Mid Sussex Royal » 30 Jan 2024 18:46

WestYorksRoyal Also, on top of the transfer window jeopardy, tomorrow is payday. You'd seriously seriously hope we have the funds this month, otherwise we're even more fcuked than we think we are.

Yep if any delay tomorrow I really fear for the club carrying on much longer

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 30 Jan 2024 19:04

Mid Sussex Royal
WestYorksRoyal Also, on top of the transfer window jeopardy, tomorrow is payday. You'd seriously seriously hope we have the funds this month, otherwise we're even more fcuked than we think we are.

Yep. Wages simply have to paid tomorrow else there will be a queue of players demanding to go by close of business on Thursday ( probably is anyway).

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 30 Jan 2024 19:11

Stranded
Mid Sussex Royal

Yep. Wages simply have to paid tomorrow else there will be a queue of players demanding to go by close of business on Thursday ( probably is anyway).

Which could well be exactly what Dai wants. Get as much money in his pockets from player sales as he can and sell the shell of a club that's left.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 30 Jan 2024 21:23

Orion1871
Stranded
Mid Sussex Royal

Which could well be exactly what Dai wants. Get as much money in his pockets from player sales as he can and sell the shell of a club that's left.

I think at this stage all he cares about is whether he can get more for the club as a whole than he could by selling the stadium and training ground. The player sales are just a bonus to pay the bills while the potential sale is happening.

I say there's a very good chance that if none of this current group of potential buyers meets his valuation, that's it. Game over.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 31 Jan 2024 07:46

tmesis
Orion1871
Stranded

I think at this stage all he cares about is whether he can get more for the club as a whole than he could by selling the stadium and training ground. The player sales are just a bonus to pay the bills while the potential sale is happening.

I say there's a very good chance that if none of this current group of potential buyers meets his valuation, that's it. Game over.

During Howe’s interview on BBCRB last week he said that a decision was due to be made within the next 2 weeks about a preferred/best bid. I am not sure if the interview was live or prerecorded, but surely we should be hearing something about the takeover soon. If there is no news by March, I really do fear the worst.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 31 Jan 2024 08:23

blythspartan
tmesis
Orion1871

During Howe’s interview on BBCRB last week he said that a decision was due to be made within the next 2 weeks about a preferred/best bid. I am not sure if the interview was live or prerecorded, but surely we should be hearing something about the takeover soon. If there is no news by March, I really do fear the worst.

Howe is meeting with STAR tomorrow, so I would hope we would hear some form of update from them off the back of that. I know they won't produce minutes but will flag key themes, so if bids have been whittled down to 2 or 3 viable ones for Dai to throw in the bin, I'm sure we'll hear.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 31 Jan 2024 08:38

Staff paid in full this morning

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 31 Jan 2024 08:44

Brogue Staff paid in full this morning

That was quick.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 31 Jan 2024 08:48

Cheers Courtney.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 31 Jan 2024 09:16

Did you fund this?

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 31 Jan 2024 10:20

Well done mate, good of you.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 31 Jan 2024 12:05

What? Your staff?

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 01 Feb 2024 19:26

blythspartan
tmesis
Orion1871

Load of b*LL*cks......Preferred bidder my arse. There are no bidders or interested parties. How often have I heard "we are close". It's all sh*t. Dai is stripping every last breath out of us......we are finished....that's it......kaput. All out debt is owed to that c*nt with his jiggery pokery accounting. I have have no idea how we owe 250 mill even.....when did we sign Kane and Ronaldo?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Feb 2024 19:30

Ascotexgunner
blythspartan
tmesis I think at this stage all he cares about is whether he can get more for the club as a whole than he could by selling the stadium and training ground. The player sales are just a bonus to pay the bills while the potential sale is happening.

Load of b*LL*cks......Preferred bidder my arse. There are no bidders or interested parties. How often have I heard "we are close". It's all sh*t. Dai is stripping every last breath out of us......we are finished....that's it......kaput. All out debt is owed to that c*nt with his jiggery pokery accounting. I have have no idea how we owe 250 mill even.....when did we sign Kane and Ronaldo?

Take a breath and engage your brain occasionally.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 01 Feb 2024 21:04

Snowflake Royal
Ascotexgunner
blythspartan

Take a breath and engage your brain occasionally.

Lolz +1

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 02 Feb 2024 07:44

What is the current figure of our debt, and how did we arrive at it?

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 02 Feb 2024 08:15

blythspartan During Howe’s interview on BBCRB last week he said that a decision was due to be made within the next 2 weeks about a preferred/best bid. I am not sure if the interview was live or prerecorded, but surely we should be hearing something about the takeover soon. If there is no news by March, I really do fear the worst.

I may be misremembering but I thought it was more that he was pushed a little on timescales and said something like 'I would hope in around 2 weeks or so' rather than it being an actual fixed time period for a decision to be made in

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 02 Feb 2024 08:18

skipper What is the current figure of our debt, and how did we arrive at it?

May well be reading it wrong but in the last accounts (up to JUne 22) - net liabilities were GBP 62.858m. The club had just over GBP 1m in the bank.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Feb 2024 08:30

Stranded
skipper What is the current figure of our debt, and how did we arrive at it?

May well be reading it wrong but in the last accounts (up to JUne 22) - net liabilities were GBP 62.858m. The club had just over GBP 1m in the bank.

Around the time those accounts came out Kieran Maguire tweeted our total losses (not the same thing as debt, but the only other thing I can find) was £191m. Over what period, not sure.

2555 posts