Embargos, HMRC Payment defaults, non payment of wages, the usual under Dai Wrongge

2555 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Embargos, HMRC Payment defaults, non payment of wages, the usual under Dai Wrongge

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Mar 2024 10:45

Orion1871
Mid Sussex Royal
Elm Park Kid I heard this morning that SCL have paid this month's tax bill.

Those guys are absolute legends if true.

And let's face it, absolute mugs at the same time.

Yep, definitely both.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Embargos, HMRC Payment defaults, non payment of wages, the usual under Dai Wrongge

by Snowball » 09 Mar 2024 11:19

Apologies if this suggestion has appeared elsewhere

The club needs cash to complete the season without more points-deductions

An early 2024-2025 season ticket purchase might be too big an ask but how about non ST holders “buying forward” a few home games (and at the same time dragging mates along)

If (IF) we could get 3,000 extra fans for 3 more home games, all paying forward at, say £20 a game that is 180,000

If the media got behind things and we could fill the stadium, the extra could be 9-12K times £20 x 3

3 full houses (say 10K more spectators each game) at (say) £15 pp avg is £450,00

Just thinking out loud…

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 09 Mar 2024 14:27

I like the idea of being able to donate to buy a ticket for someone else. Larger crowds, club gets more money, maybe create some more long term fans.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 09 Mar 2024 16:02

Elm Park Kid I like the idea of being able to donate to buy a ticket for someone else. Larger crowds, club gets more money, maybe create some more long term fans.

And then the game has to kick off.
Last edited by Orion1871 on 10 Mar 2024 04:30, edited 1 time in total.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 09 Mar 2024 17:44

Snowball Apologies if this suggestion has appeared elsewhere

The club needs cash to complete the season without more points-deductions

An early 2024-2025 season ticket purchase might be too big an ask but how about non ST holders “buying forward” a few home games (and at the same time dragging mates along)

If (IF) we could get 3,000 extra fans for 3 more home games, all paying forward at, say £20 a game that is 180,000

If the media got behind things and we could fill the stadium, the extra could be 9-12K times £20 x 3

3 full houses (say 10K more spectators each game) at (say) £15 pp avg is £450,00

Just thinking out loud…

No.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 09 Mar 2024 18:00

Snowflake Royal
Orion1871
Mid Sussex Royal
Those guys are absolute legends if true.

Yep, definitely both.

I'd like to think at this late stage that it's a promising sign that a sale is proceeding, otherwise why throw away more money on a dead duck.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 09 Mar 2024 18:07

From Despair To Where?
Snowflake Royal
Orion1871

Yep, definitely both.

I'd like to think at this late stage that it's a promising sign that a sale is proceeding, otherwise why throw away more money on a dead duck.

Because they're Reading fans hoping for the best? They're probably hoping, like we all are, that if the can get through the next 4 - 6 weeks a takeover can save us; I'm sure many of us would do the same if we had the means. But I'd be surprised if they have inside knowledge that lets them know that.

Plus, it's just a rumour at the moment. We don't know that they've helped out again, it could be people adding 2 and 2 given it's a very believable rumour.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 09 Mar 2024 18:28

Seriously, if I was a local business owner who'd bailed the club out twice already at significant cost to my business, on top of the 10 year commitment I'd already made, I'm not sure I would a third time 6 months later, without some sort of nod that I wouldn't just be throwing money away.

The ownership has to be sorted and we really are getting into shit or get off the pot territory.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 09 Mar 2024 18:41

From the hearsay on here, Twitter and experience in the autumn, even if Howe, Bowen and the potential buyer all think it's close, it could all fall through when Dai gets involved. If SCL have bailed us out again, it's a risky bet they're making as fans of the club.

If it all comes good, they should have something at the ground named after the permanently for their efforts this season.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 09 Mar 2024 18:46

The entire stadium is named after them. HTH.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 09 Mar 2024 19:32

I just don't think that, a business would throw another £200k at another failing business without some inkling that it's not going to be dead money. They're not that big a business to be able to just write those sorts of sums off.

Even as a loan, they'd get fcuk all out of administration or liquidation.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 09 Mar 2024 19:40

It's not a business decision. It's an emotional decision. These guys are the sole owners and can do what they want with its money. If there were external shareholders involved it would be a different matter. Put it in terms we can relate to, if you could trade in your summer holiday in the Mediterranean for a week at Butlins and pass the difference on to the club to give them the best chance of sure, would you? Even if you know it may still not be enough?

I hope you're right. They will want to get their money back. But it can't be anything other than a big risk when nobody hears a squeak from the guy who needs to sanction the sale.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Mar 2024 21:26

From Despair To Where? I just don't think that, a business would throw another £200k at another failing business without some inkling that it's not going to be dead money. They're not that big a business to be able to just write those sorts of sums off.

I wouldn't have done it first or second time.

Your suggestion is certainly possible, but it just seems wishful thinking.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 09 Mar 2024 23:21

It would seem the Thai account that reported SCL have paid the tax isn`t very reliable, now reporting there will be grim news reported in the next week or so.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 09 Mar 2024 23:28

Snowflake Royal
From Despair To Where? I just don't think that, a business would throw another £200k at another failing business without some inkling that it's not going to be dead money. They're not that big a business to be able to just write those sorts of sums off.

I wouldn't have done it first or second time.

Your suggestion is certainly possible, but it just seems wishful thinking.

Wasn't wishful thinking, just musing that, if true, they'd be mad to do it as a last throw of the dice.

If, as has now been suggested, it's not true, then it kind of confirms we're a bit fcuked.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 09 Mar 2024 23:31

The SCL rumour has been posted by a few random, whereas the mystery grim news is just the account which reported that Red Bird were being fronted by Storey :lol:

Fairly contradictory rumours by the same guy too. SCL are rescuing us again, but there's also awful news coming.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Mar 2024 00:04

WestYorksRoyal The SCL rumour has been posted by a few random, whereas the mystery grim news is just the account which reported that Red Bird were being fronted by Storey :lol:

Fairly contradictory rumours by the same guy too. SCL are rescuing us again, but there's also awful news coming.

I'm not sure what grim news there could actually be.

Prospective new owners are awful? Ok well much as I don't want awful it keeps us in club longer

Prospective new owners have pulled out? Well the lack of any concrete progress hasn't exactly pointed at a deal going through in time to save us.

Wages/tax not being paid so more points deductions? Kinda secondary to the owners, doesn't matter if we're relegated without finding a new owner because we won't be starting next season anyway.

Dai has started liquidation proceedings? Well we're sleep walking into non-existence anyway. At least we'd have a resolution.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 10 Mar 2024 00:07

Snowflake Royal
WestYorksRoyal The SCL rumour has been posted by a few random, whereas the mystery grim news is just the account which reported that Red Bird were being fronted by Storey :lol:

I'm not sure what grim news there could actually be.

Prospective new owners are awful? Ok well much as I don't want awful it keeps us in club longer

Prospective new owners have pulled out? Well the lack of any concrete progress hasn't exactly pointed at a deal going through in time to save us.

Wages/tax not being paid so more points deductions? Kinda secondary to the owners, doesn't matter if we're relegated without finding a new owner because we won't be starting next season anyway.

Dai has started liquidation proceedings? Well we're sleep walking into non-existence anyway. At least we'd have a resolution.

Agree except the liquidation point. It can't be administration as who would pay them? And if it was somehow that, it would be good news anyway as it's a clear route to new ownership. And I don't really think liquidation makes sense either, it's definitely against Dai's financial interest.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 10 Mar 2024 10:21

WestYorksRoyal And I don't really think liquidation makes sense either, it's definitely against Dai's financial interest.

It would mean he could sell the real estate assets without having to fund the club in any way.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 10 Mar 2024 11:16

tmesis
WestYorksRoyal And I don't really think liquidation makes sense either, it's definitely against Dai's financial interest.

It would mean he could sell the real estate assets without having to fund the club in any way.

Who's going to buy a studium and training ground with no sports club to pay rent to use it?

And please don't bring up Bearwood being sold for housing redevelopment. It's part of a historical park so housing will never be allowed.

2555 posts