Embargos, HMRC Payment defaults, non payment of wages, the usual under Dai Wrongge

2555 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Embargos, HMRC Payment defaults, non payment of wages, the usual under Dai Wrongge

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Mar 2024 08:06

PremAddict I know it's been said enough times, but the EFL had a part to play in our predicament. And I've never really understood the points deductions for off-the-field issues. Would love for some legal entity to start freezing assets of Dai instead. At this stage points deductions only hurt the fans and employees of the club, not the owner.

The only enforceable sanctions the FL have are points deductions, transfer embargos and league expulsions. Everything else is easily ignorable, as Dai has ably denonstrated.

There is no legal grounds, or mechanism, for the FL to freeze assets or take Dai's property (the club) away from him.

All of the FL rules and sanctions are put in place based on the desires and approval of a majority of the 72 league club owners.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Embargos, HMRC Payment defaults, non payment of wages, the usual under Dai Wrongge

by From Despair To Where? » 21 Mar 2024 08:25

PremAddict I know it's been said enough times, but the EFL had a part to play in our predicament. And I've never really understood the points deductions for off-the-field issues. Would love for some legal entity to start freezing assets of Dai instead. At this stage points deductions only hurt the fans and employees of the club, not the owner.

Pretty sure the Chinese government have already frozen most of his assets.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 21 Mar 2024 16:23

From Despair To Where?

Pretty sure the Chinese government have already frozen most of his assets.

Hopefully one day they will freeze his bollox as well!

:evil:

Royalcop

by Royalcop » 23 Mar 2024 11:11

Hopefully we can arrange a stadium beam-back of Dai’s eventual show trial in Beijing a la the Brentford away game; I’d definitely pay to see it.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 25 Mar 2024 09:02

Royalcop Hopefully we can arrange a stadium beam-back of Dai’s eventual show trial in Beijing a la the Brentford away game; I’d definitely pay to see it.
He may seek asylum in the UK.... if this was all part of his plan to win us all over, If so he's failed.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 26 Mar 2024 20:59

How did the Wembley van do? Is it there yet?

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 26 Mar 2024 22:02

Sutekh How did the Wembley van do? Is it there yet?

I think it broke down

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 27 Mar 2024 13:30

Sutekh How did the Wembley van do? Is it there yet?

It's up for sale. Preferred buyers will be announced shortly.....in 2025.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 27 Mar 2024 17:31

With the exclusivity announced, has there been a confirmation from the club that HMRC and players wages will be paid in full and on time for the rest of the season, thus eliminating the possibility of the suspended deduction of a further 2 points being enforced?

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 27 Mar 2024 18:19

Mr Angry With the exclusivity announced, has there been a confirmation from the club that HMRC and players wages will be paid in full and on time for the rest of the season, thus eliminating the possibility of the suspended deduction of a further 2 points being enforced?

If we hadn't paid HMRC (due last week) we'd be back on the EFL embargo list by now

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 28 Mar 2024 11:41

Mr Angry With the exclusivity announced, has there been a confirmation from the club that HMRC and players wages will be paid in full and on time for the rest of the season, thus eliminating the possibility of the suspended deduction of a further 2 points being enforced?

When do they ever do that?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 28 Mar 2024 16:11

Mid Sussex Royal

If we hadn't paid HMRC (due last week) we'd be back on the EFL embargo list by now

Given Morecombe has been added today, I think it is a fair assumption that the bill was paid on time. If it hadn't been, we would have had either a statement on the 2 point deduction or an apperance on the embargo list.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 28 Mar 2024 16:39

So no news is good news then.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Mar 2024 16:41

Mr Angry So no news is good news then.

How novel for us!

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 28 Mar 2024 18:37

What will be novel is not discussing this every month.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Apr 2024 17:27

Bit frustrating we can't ever quite break free and move clear. But no harm done.

And might actually help bring Yids back into the starting line up... he is our best RB after all.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 01 Apr 2024 19:18

Snowflake Royal Bit frustrating we can't ever quite break free and move clear. But no harm done.

And might actually help bring Yids back into the starting line up... he is our best RB after all.

Keeping it at 6 clear today was a good outcome, so I think only Cambridge have gained on us of the sides below us before Easter.

Before Easter, I'd have taken us maintaining the 6 point gap after the 2 games, we're much nearer to safety than we were on Friday morning.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 02 Apr 2024 15:31

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 02 Apr 2024 15:37

And still doing it in L1? How does he come to that conclusion, have we missed something?

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 02 Apr 2024 15:39

Sutekh

And still doing it in L1? How does he come to that conclusion, have we missed something?

I assume he is just referring to not paying on time and getting points deductions

2555 posts