Embargos, HMRC Payment defaults, non payment of wages, the usual under Dai Wrongge

2562 posts
Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: another, thants right another embargo for late PAYE payments - a new embargo

by Lower West » 26 Jul 2023 15:26

Finances must be hanging by a thread. Without rapid stabilisation the season maybe over before it's even started. Dropping to League 2 would result in yet further financial curtailment.

DelBoyRodders
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: another, thants right another embargo for late PAYE payments - a new embargo

by DelBoyRodders » 26 Jul 2023 15:29

Dai Yongge is a cunt - and so is Pang.
Get them both out of the club!

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 26 Jul 2023 15:31

East Grinstead Royal Presumably this relates to the PAYE tax on salaries payable at the end of June. I have never worked in a finance department, so I don't know how it works. My guess is that if someone's salary is £50k per month and you have to transfer that sum from an offshore account, you would transfer £50k and that the finance team would arrange to pay (say) £35k to the individual, with the tax, NI, pension, etc being disbursed as necessary. Which makes me wonder... is Dai not transferring the correct sums, or is the finance team not making the appropriate disbursals? Hoping we have someone on HNA who can shed some light...

All down to having cash in the bank to pay creditors as they fall due. Bluntly put , Dai is struggling to find the money to fund the club.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 26 Jul 2023 15:44

East Grinstead Royal Presumably this relates to the PAYE tax on salaries payable at the end of June. I have never worked in a finance department, so I don't know how it works. My guess is that if someone's salary is £50k per month and you have to transfer that sum from an offshore account, you would transfer £50k and that the finance team would arrange to pay (say) £35k to the individual, with the tax, NI, pension, etc being disbursed as necessary. Which makes me wonder... is Dai not transferring the correct sums, or is the finance team not making the appropriate disbursals? Hoping we have someone on HNA who can shed some light...

Correct, tax due is payable to HMRC by 22nd of the month following the salary payments.

I've no real world insight into RFC, but this is highly unlikely to be a finance process issue. You need cash at hand to pay for things, and we are repeatedly finding ourselves without enough cash to pay this bill on or by 22nd. This suggests that Dai can't access enough funds. Next of course he'll need to pay the players again at the end of July. With cash.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 26 Jul 2023 15:44

NathStPaul
Delboy Not on EFL website!!!!

You're not on the EFL website.

BBC's Lewis Coombes has tweeted to say that a club has 2 working days to pay the outstanding to avoid the embargo. Not sure when that clock started though.

22nd is PAYE deadline, that was Saturday, so I assume the "real" deadline was Monday. So if Tuesday is when it became late, we would have until tomorrow to pay before the embargo kicks in.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 26 Jul 2023 15:46

As anyone in business in the UK will know, once you can't pay your HMRC bill on a regular basis, the game is up.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 26 Jul 2023 15:50

Stranded This is going to be the way it is until additional investment on a full sale.

Tax paid late > Embargo > Tax paid > embargo lifted > tax paid late

it's just exhausting and in a stroke any positive feeling brought on by the last week is undone.

Makes yesterday's team v QPR make more sense as Selles is going to have to count on those and we will no doubt miss out on targets.

The only plus point would be if we are still able to sign free agents.

Yes it all makes sense.

It's reasonable to say if you can't pay HMRC then you can't sign anyone, even free transfers. HMRC must be paid first if any money is available, not signings.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 26 Jul 2023 15:51

Anyone know the timescale between the wages being paid and needing to pay PAYE to HMRC?

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 26 Jul 2023 15:52

This is probably my last dredge of optimism, but you’d think Bowen and co all knew this was happening. Surely, Savage along with the other signings would not have signed for us unless we have secured some financial backing.

BarryWhiteRFC

by BarryWhiteRFC » 26 Jul 2023 16:00

blythspartan This is probably my last dredge of optimism, but you’d think Bowen and co all knew this was happening. Surely, Savage along with the other signings would not have signed for us unless we have secured some financial backing.

I mean, I bet Dai has certainly told a few lies in his time. He might even be lying to Bowen et al. This is the issue everyone has, we just know nothing.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 26 Jul 2023 16:14

9k season tickets at say an average of £300 after VAT would be £2.7m.

League One teams get roughly £1.4m a season from the 'pot' most of which (I think) is paid in July.

We'd have gotten some sponsorship money this month as a big chunk of that is given before the season starts.

We got some Puscas money (I think).

We shouldn't be reliant on Dai putting any money into the club for a good few months in order to just pay our standard bills. It's really difficult to understand what is going on.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 26 Jul 2023 16:17

Elm Park Kid 9k season tickets at say an average of £300 after VAT would be £2.7m.

League One teams get roughly £1.4m a season from the 'pot' most of which (I think) is paid in July.

We'd have gotten some sponsorship money this month as a big chunk of that is given before the season starts.

We shouldn't be reliant on Dai putting any money into the club for a good few months in order to just pay our standard bills. It's really difficult to understand what is going on.

+ the 600k for the youngster moving to city

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 26 Jul 2023 16:20

blythspartan This is probably my last dredge of optimism, but you’d think Bowen and co all knew this was happening. Surely, Savage along with the other signings would not have signed for us unless we have secured some financial backing.

yes, if wages are paid prior to the month end (eg 29 June) then PAYE is payable on 22nd of the month following (if paid by funds transfer - technically it's the 19th if paid by cheque).

Might explain why Savage deal was announced over the weekend as the club knew it was going to default the payment on Monday this week (being the first working day after the 22nd) and needed to get it done quickly.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 26 Jul 2023 16:25

Elm Park Kid 9k season tickets at say an average of £300 after VAT would be £2.7m.

The issues date back a year at least. They didn't start in May 2023. Clarifies why Ince was lied to. Dai rolled the dice that Championship status would be maintained. Kept the 6 point deduction under wraps and had no intention of selling off prized assets to keep to the agreement.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Jul 2023 16:35

Yeah this is one of the confusing/worrying things. If we can’t get our hands in cash now, when will be able to? Should have plenty in the bank atm

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 26 Jul 2023 16:35

Lower West

The issues date back a year at least. They didn't start in May 2023. Clarifies why Ince was lied to. Dai rolled the dice that Championship status would be maintained. Kept the 6 point deduction under wraps and had no intention of selling off prized assets to keep to the agreement.

Yeah, I completely acknowledge that our finances are in a bad way if Dai isn't willing/able to fund us. I half expected us to be in administration before Christmas. But, it doesn't make sense that we'd be unable pay this months bill unless:
1. This is a strategic decision to not pay tax so that we have money for ongoing operations. The sale of Derby really blunted the fear that clubs have of HMRC.
2. We have had to use ALL our current income to pay of previous debts.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 26 Jul 2023 16:41

NathStPaul
Delboy Not on EFL website!!!!

You're not on the EFL website.

Lol

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 26 Jul 2023 16:53

Thanks ants.

Thants.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Jul 2023 17:01

Every time there's an iota of good news that pcunt Dai comes along and kicks us all in the bollocks again.

Just oxf*rd off you incompetent arseclown.

Forever Royal

by Forever Royal » 26 Jul 2023 18:57

The running of this club can only be described as shambolic. If only SJM could come back to run things properly.

2562 posts