Embargos, HMRC Payment defaults, non payment of wages, the usual under Dai Wrongge

2562 posts
Forever Royal

Re: another, thants right another embargo for late PAYE payments - a new embargo

by Forever Royal » 26 Jul 2023 19:40

Shambolic ownership. If only SJM could come back and run things professionally.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: another, thants right another embargo for late PAYE payments - a new embargo

by Sutekh » 27 Jul 2023 08:08

Well I expect the club will pay the bill in a couple of weeks and the club will have the embargo lifted for a couple more weeks before failing to pay next month's PAYE on time again and so it'll go on and on and on until the owner gets his act together and manages to persuade someone else to take over.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Jul 2023 08:16

Sutekh Well I expect the club will pay the bill in a couple of weeks and the club will have the embargo lifted for a couple more weeks before failing to pay next month's PAYE on time again and so it'll go on and on and on until the owner gets his act together and manages to persuade someone else to take over.

Suppose for 80% of the year doesn’t really matter if we are in embargo or not

Absolutely stunningly shit timing this one. Hopefully they can pay it asap at least give them a chance of bringing a couple more in

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 27 Jul 2023 08:26

Sutekh Well I expect the club will pay the bill in a couple of weeks and the club will have the embargo lifted for a couple more weeks before failing to pay next month's PAYE on time again and so it'll go on and on and on until the owner gets his act together and manages to persuade someone else to take over.

As others have pointed out, this should be the best time of the year for cash flow. Season ticket sales, the solidarity payments from the PL, fees for Puscas and Fletcher. The best case explanation is that this is an administrative cock up that takes a week or so to sort, which is unforgivable for such a routine task. Worst case is we don't have the cash, in which case this can only eventually end in administration.

Let's see what payday on Monday brings.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Jul 2023 09:08

Dellor reckons wages have been paid

Also said there is a risk of Selles walking away and signed players being deregistered? Not sure how that works…

Anyway just pay the f’ing bill Dai you cock

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 27 Jul 2023 09:11

WestYorksRoyal

As others have pointed out, this should be the best time of the year for cash flow. Season ticket sales, the solidarity payments from the PL, fees for Puscas and Fletcher. The best case explanation is that this is an administrative cock up that takes a week or so to sort, which is unforgivable for such a routine task. Worst case is we don't have the cash, in which case this can only eventually end in administration.

Let's see what payday on Monday brings.

Yeah, whilst I am remaining positive, Monday could derail this.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 27 Jul 2023 09:14

Hound and signed players being deregistered? Not sure how that works

I wonder if he has muddled his wording a bit on that. Why would you deregister a player with the EFL but keep them under an employment contract?

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 27 Jul 2023 09:23

Dellor, also mentioned we are talking to 2 potential investors and from what was mentioned by an apparently reliable HNA poster new investment is close.

Needle

by Needle » 27 Jul 2023 09:31

Winston Biscuit

I wonder if he has muddled his wording a bit on that. Why would you deregister a player with the EFL but keep them under an employment contract?

I'd imagine that employment contracts are easy for players to back out of once their registrations are cancelled

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 27 Jul 2023 09:32

Needle
Winston Biscuit

I'd imagine that employment contracts are easy for players to back out of once their registrations are cancelled

That was my thinking. In which case contract cancellation would be the scare story, rather than deregistration.

Would be mad to have players who already signed leave us now. But here we are I guess. :lol:

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 27 Jul 2023 09:36

blythspartan Dellor, also mentioned we are talking to 2 potential investors and from what was mentioned by an apparently reliable HNA poster new investment is close.

But also mentioned potential investors are having trouble dealing with Dai who doesn't seem to be engaging much. He's a disaster

Needle

by Needle » 27 Jul 2023 09:41

Players can only register for two clubs a season. Entirely reasonable that the EFL should deregister a player that's not represented us competitively to enable them to go somewhere that's less of a basket case. (If requested by the player, I doubt it's a disciplinary sanction)

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 27 Jul 2023 09:45

Darren Witcoop
@DarrenOWitcoop
Reading boss Ruben Selles increasingly frustrated as a fresh transfer embargo halts potential incomings. Fulham forward Jay Stansfield and Manchester City midfielder Lewis Fiorini among loan targets but face competition. Any potential Reading deals though now on hold. #readingfc

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 27 Jul 2023 09:48

Witcoop indeed.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Jul 2023 09:52

I’m sure Bowen, Selles and co are seething with the latest developments. Do wonder how long they’ll put up with it for

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 27 Jul 2023 09:56

I know this will be an outlier opinion but I'm going to say it anyway: Dai isn't doing a wonderful job is he?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 27 Jul 2023 09:58

Hound Dellor reckons wages have been paid

Also said there is a risk of Selles walking away and signed players being deregistered? Not sure how that works…

Anyway just pay the f’ing bill Dai you cock

There's been plenty of basket case clubs in a worse state than Reading down the years and never has any player been de-registered by the FL so that is plainly a load of arse. However players who don't get paid are, I believe, at liberty to tear up their contracts and walk away so can only presume that is where he's coming from (but as ever there's naff all research).
Last edited by Sutekh on 27 Jul 2023 09:59, edited 1 time in total.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 27 Jul 2023 09:58

some guy on twatter wrote

Remember that the PAYE bill due on 22nd July relates to June payroll, so including final amounts for all those players who left at end of last season (incl likes of Moore etc). Won't have been an insignificant amount so not a surprise it's caused some cashflow problems #readingfc

&

Vital July payroll has been paid as EFL sanctions severe for being late on that, so club probably prioritized that over paying HMRC on time. Cashflow issues should reduce going forward with a lower payroll and more cash inflows when season starts

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 27 Jul 2023 10:03

Millsy I know this will be an outlier opinion but I'm going to say it anyway: Dai isn't doing a wonderful job is he?

I don`t know how you`ve come to that conclusion if I`m brutally honest. :D

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 27 Jul 2023 10:04

Brogue some guy on twatter wrote

Remember that the PAYE bill due on 22nd July relates to June payroll, so including final amounts for all those players who left at end of last season (incl likes of Moore etc). Won't have been an insignificant amount so not a surprise it's caused some cashflow problems #readingfc

&

Vital July payroll has been paid as EFL sanctions severe for being late on that, so club probably prioritized that over paying HMRC on time. Cashflow issues should reduce going forward with a lower payroll and more cash inflows when season starts

Probably the club caught out on the July payroll by the apparant lunacy of having to pay players released in June for July if they didn't fine a new club by the end of that month!

2562 posts