Tivonge Rushesha confimred

19 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
morganb
Hob Nob Regular

Tivonge Rushesha confimred

by morganb » 04 Aug 2023 13:52

MIDFIELDER JOINS RUBÉN’S RANKS AHEAD OF SEASON OPENER
We are delighted to announce the signing of Tivonge Rushesha after a successful trial period with the club.

The 21-year-old joins on an initial one-year contract, with an option for a year extension, after being heavily involved in our preparations ahead of the start of the 2023-24 season.

Playing mainly as a central midfielder, Rushesha featured in each of our pre-season friendly matches after leaving Swansea City at the end of last season.

Born in Zimbabwe, he joined the Swansea academy at Under-12 level. He made his professional debut for the club aged just 17 years and 35 days old in the second round of the Carabao Cup against Cambridge in 2019.

He recovered from a serious ACL injury in December 2020 to lead the Swans’ Development side the following season. The defender-turned-midfielder impressed, earning the under-23 Player of the Season Award for 2020-21.

Capped at age-group level for Wales, his resilience was tested once again the following season with another long-term injury. But he returned to competitive action in February 2023 by featuring in a 3-2 win for the Swans’ U21 side against Watford.

Following the expiration of his Swansea contract this summer, he began training with Reading in the first week of pre-season. Now, on the eve of the season, his is officially signed up to represent the Royals.

Mark Bowen, Head of Football Operations said: “Tivonge is a young man who has really impressed us during his trial, not just on the football pitch, but with his attitude. He is extremely keen to learn, and always asks the right questions about how he can improve. His love for football is evident, and he has seamlessly integrated into the squad. And I’m really pleased for him that we have been able to finalise this deal before the season starts.”

Welcome to the Royals, Tivonge!

https://twitter.com/ReadingFC/status/16 ... 0777176065

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2023/a ... ball-club/

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Tivonge Rushesha confimred

by Royal_jimmy » 04 Aug 2023 13:58

I know very little about the guy. But young and hungry by the sounds of it. At least we're signing players with a re-sale value now

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 04 Aug 2023 14:03

Know nothing about him. Basically no senior experience. But I trust the judgement of Bowen and Selles. He will get plenty of opportunity.

I would say this summer has proven that we have good footballing people on the ground who can get us moving in the right direction, if only Dai and Pang give them a chance to.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 04 Aug 2023 14:10

I imagine he would have been on Jared Dublin's radar before he left us for Stoke so he must have some potential. He'll be raw though so I would not expect him to get lots of minutes.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 04 Aug 2023 14:26

Given Selles alluded to Wing, Savage & a new player being involved tomorrow, unless there is another player joining today who will have registered in time, so most likely a loan, safe to say Rushesha will be involved in some capacity tomorrow.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 04 Aug 2023 15:06

Royal_jimmy I know very little about the guy. But young and hungry by the sounds of it. At least we're signing players with a re-sale value now
One year contract though, which I guess could be extended before it expires if he becomes a key player of value.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 04 Aug 2023 15:18

Rushesha had a so-so pre season from what I recall, looked fairly useful but also looked anonymous at times, but then given Selles is trying to get across a new plan without enough experienced bodies it's not too much of a surprise. Good luck to him, hope we all really rate him after a couple of months.

Can we some squad numbers now please?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 04 Aug 2023 15:20

Forbury Lion
Royal_jimmy I know very little about the guy. But young and hungry by the sounds of it. At least we're signing players with a re-sale value now
One year contract though, which I guess could be extended before it expires if he becomes a key player of value.

Probably sensible given a) the mess the club is in and b) the serious knee injury he's just recovered from. Be annoying if he does turn out to be absolute class and just moves on for nowt next summer though!

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 04 Aug 2023 15:34

Sutekh
Forbury Lion

Probably sensible given a) the mess the club is in and b) the serious knee injury he's just recovered from. Be annoying if he does turn out to be absolute class and just moves on for nowt next summer though!

Contract has a 1 year option included so if he turns out to be good, we'll have him until at least 2025.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 04 Aug 2023 16:24

tidus_mi2
Sutekh
Forbury Lion One year contract though, which I guess could be extended before it expires if he becomes a key player of value.

Contract has a 1 year option included so if he turns out to be good, we'll have him until at least 2025.

Yep, fairly similiar deal to the one we signed Mbengue on.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 04 Aug 2023 16:37

I was impressed with him overall but lacked a bit of end product. About our level I suppose.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 04 Aug 2023 16:56

This lad looks to have something about him and would be great to see him too well. He’s done his ACL twice though which has kept him out for long periods. Good luck to him.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Aug 2023 20:02

From what I've seen of pre-season he's all action, bustling and constantly involved. But seems to come out 2nd best in a lot.

Work on that last bit and there's a really solid player there. Not convinced as a first choice midfielder, but one to develop.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 04 Aug 2023 21:33

He will be on next to nothing in wages. Just a 1 year deal with an option. No brainer really if he turns out to not be good enough we’ve lost nothing

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 04 Aug 2023 21:40

Quite liked what I saw of him in the Swansea game. Seemed to get stronger as the game went on , unlike the rest of the team.

He played virtually the whole 90 minutes too unlike most of the players we might consider to be on the starting line up Saturday so reckon he might well start.

In general I like what we’ve been able to do in the transfer market so far . I’m a little sceptical of Bowen at times but I think we’re going about things the right way at the moment.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Aug 2023 22:21

You can see the glimmer of what could have been over the last 6 years with someone who isn't completely useless running things, unlike Gourlay, Dai and Pang.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 04 Aug 2023 22:47

Tbh I didn’t really rate him in the first couple of friendlies but against Swansea I thought he was our best player overall. A bit like Azeez his end product is lacking, but he was Swansea’s U23 POTS in 2022 so he has something about him.

As mentioned above, he’s a cheap option, but I think he has the potential to do really well for us.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 04 Aug 2023 23:02

blythspartan Tbh I didn’t really rate him in the first couple of friendlies but against Swansea I thought he was our best player overall. A bit like Azeez his end product is lacking, but he was Swansea’s U23 POTS in 2022 so he has something about him.

As mentioned above, he’s a cheap option, but I think he has the potential to do really well for us.

End product can be worked on and improved and he's got so much time to get those attributes in his game right. Good to see us signing players like this again.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 04 Aug 2023 23:10

Norfolk Royal . He’s done his ACL twice though which has kept him out for long periods.

Should fit in well here

19 posts   •   Page 1 of 1