BFTG Peterborough

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

Re: BFTG Peterborough

by URZZZZZZZZ » 06 Aug 2023 09:04

How did it go with the new away end?

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 06 Aug 2023 10:09

URZZZZZZZZ How did it go with the new away end?

It seemed to achieve it's objective of gouging as much cash as possible from the away fans.

(after years of letting them in an un-reciprocated £20)

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 06 Aug 2023 10:41

Caylan Vickers gives me hope for the future. He already has more composure than Azeez. I haven’t felt so positive about one of our youngsters for a while now. We need to get him on a long term contract ASAP as the Premier League vultures will be circling soon.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Aug 2023 10:44

Sutekh
Royal_jimmy
hughsies no.1 Has there ever been a more overhyped academy product than Femi Azeez?

Don't think so. He was bang average today, he has a big season ahead of him. He needs to improve his end product which lacks, and he doesn't support full backs great either.

He will get there though

Thought Knibbs, on the other wing, didn't exactly shine with his defensive covering either both really need to do better in that area.

We seemed very happy to give them space and let them best us for pace down our left.

On the plus side, Knibbs and NGW won't be facing that sort of threat every week.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 06 Aug 2023 11:35

Those phoning into Radio Berks seemed very pleased with the performance-I thought, as others have said, we looked good for the first 20 minutes when their defence was all over the place (memories of Hillsborough last season?) but after that I felt that they were much the better side.

With BFTG I always feel that we should focus on what happened on the day rather than how things might pan out in the future so ratings FWIW:-

Keeper-you can see why Dellor said pre-match that a new keeper is coming in 6
Yiadom-the usual steady performance until their winger skinned him and he was substituted 7
Tom 1-steady 6
Tom 2-steady 6
NGW-weak defensively 5
Savage-tidy but not spectacular 6
Hutch-normal aggression and determination 7
Knibbs-ok in patches 6
Azeez-compared to their 2 wide players, slow and missed a rare chance 6
Ehib-tried but lacks pace and needs to go on loan 5
Carroll-we know what we will get and he was all over the pitch when preferably he should stay more central -great enthusiasm 7

The subs-not very effective although Mbengue showed his normal commitment and the cameo from Vickers was very promising and was the highlight of the day.

Afterwards Selles implied that 6 more are expected to sign-hopefully amongst those there will be a bit more pace and a creative midfielder as we badly lack imagination based on last few seasons and yesterday.

BTW I thought Peterborough, especially out wide, were quick and creative and might have won by more based on their second half performance-I felt for Tommy Mac stretching to keep that lob out and my own hamstring tightened up just watching. :wink:

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 06 Aug 2023 11:58

PieEater

It seemed to achieve it's objective of gouging as much cash as possible from the away fans.

That’s a bonus then. Watch the highlights I was surprised to see Posh fans right next to C1871 section, I hope (particularly after some of the behaviour) they will look to restrict them closer to the corner moving forwards

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Aug 2023 12:50

URZZZZZZZZ
PieEater

That’s a bonus then. Watch the highlights I was surprised to see Posh fans right next to C1871 section, I hope (particularly after some of the behaviour) they will look to restrict them closer to the corner moving forwards

There was already about a 10 seat gap netted off.

Who knew Posh thought they hard.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Aug 2023 13:05

One thing I'd forgotten about, for first game of the season with a new look squad and manager. There was a worrying amount of arguing and finger pointing.

McIntyre at Bouzanis
Carroll at KelvinE and Azeez. Azeez giving back.

Not a great sign of a happy dressing room

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 06 Aug 2023 14:52

Snowflake Royal One thing I'd forgotten about, for first game of the season with a new look squad and manager. There was a worrying amount of arguing and finger pointing.

McIntyre at Bouzanis
Carroll at KelvinE and Azeez. Azeez giving back.

Not a great sign of a happy dressing room

Or maybe a sign of players who actually care. It depends how it's done but there are occasions when players need to hold each other to account during the course of a game.

Incidentally both McIntyre and Bouzanis slapped each other on the back at a couple of points in the game when the other had made key challenges/saves.
Last edited by RoyalBlue on 06 Aug 2023 14:56, edited 1 time in total.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 06 Aug 2023 14:55

Personally I don't understand why Bouzanis is getting so much negative press for yesterday.

Yes, he flapped at and dropped one cross (he was very good for the rest). Yes, he had a couple of other slightly iffy moments. However, he also made a few good saves and one excellent one in the first half when he flew across to his left and with his top hand tipped a screamer over the bar when it had looked a certain goal.

Blue Label

by Blue Label » 06 Aug 2023 16:33

Anyone else have problems with using season ticket downloaded to Apple / google wallet ?
Didn’t think the crowd was too bad, considering everything. Down on Championship obviously.
Although the attendance doesn’t seem to have been announced anywhere ?

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 06 Aug 2023 17:05

South Coast Royal Those phoning into Radio Berks seemed very pleased with the performance-I thought, as others have said, we looked good for the first 20 minutes when their defence was all over the place (memories of Hillsborough last season?) but after that I felt that they were much the better side.

With BFTG I always feel that we should focus on what happened on the day rather than how things might pan out in the future so ratings FWIW:-

Yiadom-the usual steady performance until their winger skinned him and he was substituted 7
Tom 1-steady 6
Tom 2-steady 6
NGW-weak defensively 5
Knibbs-ok in patches 6
Carroll-we know what we will get and he was all over the pitch when preferably he should stay more central -great enthusiasm 7

The subs-not very effective although Mbengue showed his normal commitment and the cameo from Vickers was very promising and was the highlight of the day.

Afterwards Selles implied that 6 more are expected to sign-hopefully amongst those there will be a bit more pace and a creative midfielder as we badly lack imagination based on last few seasons and yesterday.

BTW I thought Peterborough, especially out wide, were quick and creative and might have won by more based on their second half performance-I felt for Tommy Mac stretching to keep that lob out and my own hamstring tightened up just watching. :wink:

Did we play at Hillsborough last season?

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 06 Aug 2023 17:53

Thought Ehib did well and will come good with a run in the team. Ran the channels, put the defence under huge pressure and got into good goalscoring positions. Prior to yesterday he'd played under 200 league minutes.

Vickers looked great when he came on as others have mentioned.

Bouzanis is getting a hard time but from what I saw he had a good game. Another that will benefit from a run in the side.

Azeez failed to impress but we have seen what he is capable.

Mbengue looked class, would like to see him in midfield, he's very good at progressing the ball up the pitch.

Everyone else was solid.

With more fitness and match sharpness this team will do well.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Aug 2023 19:25

RoyalBlue Personally I don't understand why Bouzanis is getting so much negative press for yesterday.

Yes, he flapped at and dropped one cross (he was very good for the rest). Yes, he had a couple of other slightly iffy moments. However, he also made a few good saves and one excellent one in the first half when he flew across to his left and with his top hand tipped a screamer over the bar when it had looked a certain goal.

Agree. Thought he was fine at the important things that should be his responsibility.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 06 Aug 2023 19:31

Easy scapegoat here?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 06 Aug 2023 19:43

South Coast Royal Carroll-we know what we will get and he was all over the pitch when preferably he should stay more central -great enthusiasm 7

I'm not sure which of the BBCRB team said it but I think they hit the nail firmly on the head. It would seem that Selles has decided that Carroll can contribute most to his preferred style of football by hanging out wide and then knocking the ball down into the mix in and around the area for others to latch onto. Will probably work as long as some of his team mates develop the confidence to hit the damn ball first time!

Fox Talbot
Hob Nob Regular

by Fox Talbot » 06 Aug 2023 21:28

RFC seem determined to keep the attendance figure a secret. Couldn’t find it on BBC Sky or EFL sites last night. Why are they so bloudy unhelpful on this? Just expect us to find the figure in next week’s programme? Oh. Anyone found it yet? I’m guessing 10,000.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 06 Aug 2023 21:53

Fox Talbot RFC seem determined to keep the attendance figure a secret. Couldn’t find it on BBC Sky or EFL sites last night. Why are they so bloudy unhelpful on this? Just expect us to find the figure in next week’s programme? Oh. Anyone found it yet? I’m guessing 10,000.

Over 12,000 i reckon.
Someone has posted on twitter 13,976

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Aug 2023 22:54

Royals and Racers
Fox Talbot RFC seem determined to keep the attendance figure a secret. Couldn’t find it on BBC Sky or EFL sites last night. Why are they so bloudy unhelpful on this? Just expect us to find the figure in next week’s programme? Oh. Anyone found it yet? I’m guessing 10,000.

Over 12,000 i reckon.
Someone has posted on twitter 13,976

Yeah, my feel was over 12k, I'd have probably said 13k. Early August often has a fair few STHers away on holiday as well, so I guess I could believe an extra thousand in the official numbers for sales... the weather probably put a few with tickets off too.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 06 Aug 2023 23:03

Jagermesiter1871
South Coast Royal Those phoning into Radio Berks seemed very pleased with the performance-I thought, as others have said, we looked good for the first 20 minutes when their defence was all over the place (memories of Hillsborough last season?) but after that I felt that they were much the better side.

Tom 1-steady 6
Tom 2-steady 6
NGW-weak defensively 5
Knibbs-ok in patches 6

Did we play at Hillsborough last season?

No, but posh spunked a 4 goal lead there, SCR was referring to that.