MATCHWATCH : Millwall (a)

295 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Millwall (a)

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Aug 2023 08:58

Clyde1998
Hound 10m highlights on tbe main site well worth a watch

The constant hunting down whenever millwall on the ball, even in the last min at 4-0 up, is a real pleasure to see. Three of the goals came from robbing back possession and quickly breaking. Excellent stuff

I think that was the biggest attacking improvement over the past few seasons: we looked to get the ball forward quickly once we got the ball and caught Millwall out because of it, as opposed to slowing the game down and allowing the opposition to get back in to their defensive shape.

Confirmation this team has no place for Ejaria.

Tbf to Ince, we started last season under him breaking quickly on the counter. So definitely still wait and see how it goes.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Aug 2023 09:15

Snowflake Royal
Clyde1998
Hound 10m highlights on tbe main site well worth a watch

The constant hunting down whenever millwall on the ball, even in the last min at 4-0 up, is a real pleasure to see. Three of the goals came from robbing back possession and quickly breaking. Excellent stuff

I think that was the biggest attacking improvement over the past few seasons: we looked to get the ball forward quickly once we got the ball and caught Millwall out because of it, as opposed to slowing the game down and allowing the opposition to get back in to their defensive shape.

Tbf to Ince, we started last season under him breaking quickly on the counter. So definitely still wait and see how it goes.

Someone like T Ince would have been well suited. But yes 1 good game is all it is so far

Ejaria will play how he’s told to play - or he’ll not get in the side. Sure he’s more than capable of breaking quickly and he’s done it at times.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Aug 2023 09:34

Hound
Snowflake Royal
Clyde1998 I think that was the biggest attacking improvement over the past few seasons: we looked to get the ball forward quickly once we got the ball and caught Millwall out because of it, as opposed to slowing the game down and allowing the opposition to get back in to their defensive shape.

Someone like T Ince would have been well suited. But yes 1 good game is all it is so far

Ejaria will play how he’s told to play - or he’ll not get in the side. Sure he’s more than capable of breaking quickly and he’s done it at times.

:lol:

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 10 Aug 2023 10:55

I actually think a fully-fit Ejaria would be brilliant in this side
if we are going to be a persistent high-press team.

People forget how often he won ball in midfield.

He is a good tackler.

We all know he can beat people for fun, can score goals and
make goals.

With the right man-management
(unless he has serious off-field issues we don't know about)
he could be a super-star in this league

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 10 Aug 2023 11:37

Snowball I actually think a fully-fit Ejaria would be brilliant in this side
if we are going to be a persistent high-press team.

People forget how often he won ball in midfield.

He is a good tackler.

We all know he can beat people for fun, can score goals and
make goals.

With the right man-management
(unless he has serious off-field issues we don't know about)
he could be a super-star in this league

Agree with all of this. Only problem is him. He just can’t put it all together. It’s very odd.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 10 Aug 2023 11:40

Ejaria. A man well known for his work rate and high pressing capabilities.

Can only assume those falling over themselves to defend Ejaria have never seen him play.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 10 Aug 2023 11:48

NathStPaul Ejaria. A man well known for his work rate and high pressing capabilities.

Can only assume those falling over themselves to defend Ejaria have never seen him play.

He DOES (did) have a high workrate and won more than his fair share
of tackles. He was brilliant on the ball.

He had one weakness (God knows why) and that was
trying to beat one-too-many defenders/slowing the game down.

If the guy still has the skills and a good manager (good man-manager?)
gets him to release the ball quicker, he could be a Premiership player.

Though Ejaria is not the same as Grealish, Grealish was a great dribbler
of the ball but many thought "Yeah but where's the end-product?"...

Gardiola has sorted him out and he is now twice the player

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Aug 2023 12:38

NathStPaul Ejaria. A man well known for his work rate and high pressing capabilities.

Tbh that’s all he could do the last few times I saw him play. Any ability on tbe ball seemed to have deserted him but couldn’t fault the workrate

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 10 Aug 2023 17:59

Honestly, can only think you're the one who hasn't seen him play. No problems ever with his work rate. Decisions when he had the ball were the issue. But he certainly worked hard to get the ball.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 10 Aug 2023 18:46

I’ve said all summer I think a rejuvenated Ejaria could be good in Selles ball.

Even at his worst he could still win a tackle and play a simple ball, just gotta convince him not to try and dribble through the whole team and fall over himself.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Aug 2023 23:15

muirinho

Honestly, can only think you're the one who hasn't seen him play. No problems ever with his work rate. Decisions when he had the ball were the issue. But he certainly worked hard to get the ball.

His work rate wasn't as good as some people believed. He got a lot of credit for good work on putting in tackles / interceptions and certainly some running back.

But he also let his man go a fair amount, stood watching or sometimes sat sulking he hadn't won a freekick for being out fought, rather than get back in the game.

I wouldn't particularly criticise him for his work rate though. Unnecessary fannying around with the ball rather than doing something with it, sure. He playrd the game at a snails pace in possession.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 10 Aug 2023 23:45

As I said earlier I think he has the components he just can’t put them together. His decision making is dreadful and he dawdles on the ball.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 11 Aug 2023 01:25

Snowflake Royal
muirinho

His work rate wasn't as good as some people believed. He got a lot of credit for good work on putting in tackles / interceptions and certainly some running back.

But he also let his man go a fair amount, stood watching or sometimes sat sulking he hadn't won a freekick for being out fought, rather than get back in the game.

I wouldn't particularly criticise him for his work rate though. Unnecessary fannying around with the ball rather than doing something with it, sure. He playrd the game at a snails pace in possession.

Tough one but hear me out.

Do you hate Ejaria more than you like Joao?

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 11 Aug 2023 03:55

CountryRoyal
Snowflake Royal
muirinho

:lol:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Aug 2023 07:27

CountryRoyal
Snowflake Royal
muirinho

Absolutely. I don't particularly love Joao. Thats all accurate.

295 posts
It is currently 27 Apr 2024 18:27