Selles In

590 posts
leon
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Selles In

by leon » 17 Dec 2023 11:23

tidus_mi2
Royal_jimmy We've certainly improved recently since we've played a settled side. I'm still Selles out, but feel optimistic we can survive

Feel very the same but slowly creeping back towards Selles in.

I’m not were terrible. Ffs drew with a piss poor Oxford and a frankly disinterested Lincoln City. We can’t pass the ball and struggle to do any of the basics.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 17 Dec 2023 11:43

leon
tidus_mi2
Royal_jimmy We've certainly improved recently since we've played a settled side. I'm still Selles out, but feel optimistic we can survive

Feel very the same but slowly creeping back towards Selles in.

I’m not were terrible. Ffs drew with a piss poor Oxford and a frankly disinterested Lincoln City. We can’t pass the ball and struggle to do any of the basics.

This. Oxford were there for the taking and Lincoln really weren't all that, even took them the best part of an hour to actually have a shot.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 17 Dec 2023 11:55

We're all Selles in now aren't we after getting 2 whole points from a possible 9. Promotion charge incoming i'd say - keep looking over your shoulder Portsmouth, the Royals are going up!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Dec 2023 12:04

He's an ill disciplined, clueless idiot.
I don't care that we're on a run of 1 defeat in 5. The only reason he's still here is because no one who cares can sack him, and he'll be gone as soon as we get a new owner.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 17 Dec 2023 12:08

Snowflake Royal He's an ill disciplined, clueless idiot.
I don't care that we're on a run of 1 defeat in 5. The only reason he's still here is because no one who cares can sack him, and he'll be gone as soon as we get a new owner.

He'll probably have retired before that happens.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 17 Dec 2023 14:12

morganb We're all Selles in now aren't we after getting 2 whole points from a possible 9. Promotion charge incoming i'd say - keep looking over your shoulder Portsmouth, the Royals are going up!

Love the snarky comments over the fact I just said I might be less Selles out than I was in the past. From what I've been watching we look like we're improving, results are improving, albeit not a huge amount right now and frankly I see no benefit to constantly chopping and changing the manager.

This could all fall apart in the next few weeks and I'll be firmly Selles out again but oxf*rd me for sharing an opinion I guess.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 17 Dec 2023 14:38

We're playing much better and results have improved, and we have favourable fixtures coming up apart from Peterborough.

I'm going to call it. We'll be out of the drop zone come full time of the Exeter game. You can all laugh at me if I'm wrong. But laugh at me now and I'll return the favour if I'm right.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 17 Dec 2023 14:43

tidus_mi2
morganb We're all Selles in now aren't we after getting 2 whole points from a possible 9. Promotion charge incoming i'd say - keep looking over your shoulder Portsmouth, the Royals are going up!

Love the snarky comments over the fact I just said I might be less Selles out than I was in the past. From what I've been watching we look like we're improving, results are improving, albeit not a huge amount right now and frankly I see no benefit to constantly chopping and changing the manager.

This could all fall apart in the next few weeks and I'll be firmly Selles out again but oxf*rd me for sharing an opinion I guess.

No, I'm very much of the opinion that things appear to be improving on the pitch. I would lose no sleep if he were fired but now wouldn't be the time to do it. If things drop off a cliff again, then I'll jump aboard the out train.

So see you on the platform come Saturday.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 17 Dec 2023 14:47

Wigan feels like a big game for him. Our last 3 fixtures have been tough on paper; 2 points is not a bad return even though it should have been more based upon the balance of the games. Fail to beat Wigan, it's 4 without a win and pressure building again. Beat them, and it's 11 points from 6, including winning all 3 of the "more winnable" games which is what we need to be doing.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Dec 2023 14:57

When I see the squad we have and the fact that teams like Lincoln are up in 9th (and Oxford 3rd, Barnsley 5th) I do find it ridiculous we are bottom 4. Selles has to take a fair amount of blame for that

In saying that we are improving slowly but we’ve been lucky with injuries generally and have to get a good haul of points from the next 5 games or so if this season isn’t going to end in a massive struggle and disappointment imo

Settled side now, got a reasonable mix of youth and and experience, younger players are getting that experience. No excuses now

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 17 Dec 2023 15:01

I'm more optimistic about the on the pitch state of affairs than I have been in months, but much more pessimistic about the state of things off it. So I'd say things are looking net worse in the long term, but perhaps some short term on pitch respite.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Dec 2023 18:53

Hound When I see the squad we have and the fact that teams like Lincoln are up in 9th (and Oxford 3rd, Barnsley 5th) I do find it ridiculous we are bottom 4. Selles has to take a fair amount of blame for that

In saying that we are improving slowly but we’ve been lucky with injuries generally and have to get a good haul of points from the next 5 games or so if this season isn’t going to end in a massive struggle and disappointment imo

Settled side now, got a reasonable mix of youth and and experience, younger players are getting that experience. No excuses now

We're so screwed if Smith gets injured again.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 17 Dec 2023 19:18

Snowflake Royal
Hound When I see the squad we have and the fact that teams like Lincoln are up in 9th (and Oxford 3rd, Barnsley 5th) I do find it ridiculous we are bottom 4. Selles has to take a fair amount of blame for that

And Wing, plus arguably Knibbs & Azeez. We have depth in terms of bodies, but we really have 4 or 5 key players now.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Dec 2023 19:25

WestYorksRoyal
Snowflake Royal

And Wing, plus arguably Knibbs & Azeez. We have depth in terms of bodies, but we really have 4 or 5 key players now.

Yes, true.

I think Elliott or Vickers could probably cover Knibbs, but we've not seen enough to know they could do it consistently.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Dec 2023 19:25

WestYorksRoyal
Snowflake Royal

Yeah that’s the point really. We need to be picking up big points hauls whilst that lot are fit, esp Smith and Wing. Can’t rely on them seeing out the season

If McIntyre is now fit we basically don’t have any injuries. Be surprised if many other teams can say that. And definitely a novelty for us

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 17 Dec 2023 19:43

Tbf Elliott and Vickers are both better suited in the middle if Knibbs got a knock. Azeez has less cover; it would be the same players out of position. Not sure we have any decent cover for Yiadom either.

I think we could ride our luck. These are players with good injury records in the main, and back in the days of Coppell and McDermott we knew how to keep players fit. How many congested runs of games do we have? The upcoming lot is most obvious to me - is it 4 in 10 days?

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 18 Dec 2023 09:36

Snowflake Royal
WestYorksRoyal
Snowflake Royal We're so screwed if Smith gets injured again.

Yes, true.

I think Elliott or Vickers could probably cover Knibbs, but we've not seen enough to know they could do it consistently.

I think they could as they are better centrally than out wide, that's why I'm not keen on moving Vickers about really, if he's a 10, play him there.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 23 Dec 2023 16:01

We are staying up 8)

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 23 Dec 2023 17:00

11 points from 6 :shock:

P'boro is a free hit, but 3 winnable games afterwards. Think Selles is buying himself more time.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 23 Dec 2023 17:02

Credit where it’s due, he got every decision right today. And things are looking up. He has absolutely bought himself some more time.

590 posts