by AthleticoSpizz » 24 Dec 2023 22:30

Regardless, any credit where due Ian?

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Selles In

by Royal Rother » 25 Dec 2023 08:49

Snowflake Royal
Royal Rother Good to see a young manager given time by the owners to learn from mistakes, in very difficult circumstances, rather than respond to knee-jerk demands from bedwetter fans to get rid.

More clubs should follow our example.

What's with all these weird joke posts.

We all know Selles isn't here because he's being given time. He's here because Dai couldn’t give two shits about sacking him.

Just a touch of irony thrown in.

But the underlying sentiment is valid. Even in the best of circumstances young managers need time.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 25 Dec 2023 09:28

Snowflake Royal
Brogue Basically it took half a season for him to work out NgW dean and hutch are shit. Plus savage not ready yet for first team football yet. For god knows how long our CM haven’t been able to dictate the play. I think our defensive shitness all stems from a shit cm. Wing and Craig seem very competent at this level, stick with them and we will be fine.

Ince destroyed Holmes. He’s beginning to believe again

I'm sorry for the pain you feel, finally realising I've been right for the last 3 years.

You and pretty much everyone else Ian. No great insight needed for that one.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 25 Dec 2023 13:37

Snowflake Royal
Royal Rother Good to see a young manager given time by the owners to learn from mistakes, in very difficult circumstances, rather than respond to knee-jerk demands from bedwetter fans to get rid.

We all know Selles isn't here because he's being given time. He's here because Dai couldn’t give two shits about sacking him.

Exactly, I still think he'll be sacked when Dai eventually fcuks off even if he pulls us away from relegation. If he keeps us out of relegation I'm staying on the fence with Selles. If he can show he's learning as a coach and a manager on tactics as well as developing the likes of Craig, Vickers and Ehibatiomhan into top players who go on to the premier league or high end championship clubs and keep getting Azeez to perform and help Holmes find his form then I'll even say let's given Ruben a new deal. To be fair to him despite not doing a great job he's had to deal with a lot of crap that many managers never go through in their careers. So I applaud him for getting on with the job.

In league one experience matters less, but if you can find diamonds and those with potential that unearths that can help you get promoted. Look at Ipswich and Plymouth there.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 25 Dec 2023 17:09

Royal_jimmy
Snowflake Royal

Exactly, I still think he'll be sacked when Dai eventually fcuks off even if he pulls us away from relegation. If he keeps us out of relegation I'm staying on the fence with Selles. If he can show he's learning as a coach and a manager on tactics as well as developing the likes of Craig, Vickers and Ehibatiomhan into top players who go on to the premier league or high end championship clubs and keep getting Azeez to perform and help Holmes find his form then I'll even say let's given Ruben a new deal. To be fair to him despite not doing a great job he's had to deal with a lot of crap that many managers never go through in their careers. So I applaud him for getting on with the job.

In league one experience matters less, but if you can find diamonds and those with potential that unearths that can help you get promoted. Look at Ipswich and Plymouth there.

NOT very likely.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 26 Dec 2023 15:53

Royal Rother
Snowflake Royal

Just a touch of irony thrown in.

But the underlying sentiment is valid. Even in the best of circumstances young managers need time.

Not to mention this isn’t really the time to sack him, the time for that would have been about 10 games ago. 1 defeat in 6, set to be 2 in 7 as we are behind at 2nd-placed Peterborough.

I think we have shown signs of improvement over those fixtures as well, probably helped by the fact we’ve got most of our injuries back and have a more settled side now which is always important. January will be limited, but if we secure 4-6 points from Exeter and Cheltenham, the situation looks a lot better.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 26 Dec 2023 17:05

The Royals are staying up!

And it’s all down to Selles!

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 26 Dec 2023 23:00

From Despair To Where?
Snowflake Royal
Brogue Basically it took half a season for him to work out NgW dean and hutch are shit. Plus savage not ready yet for first team football yet. For god knows how long our CM haven’t been able to dictate the play. I think our defensive shitness all stems from a shit cm. Wing and Craig seem very competent at this level, stick with them and we will be fine.

Ince destroyed Holmes. He’s beginning to believe again

I'm sorry for the pain you feel, finally realising I've been right for the last 3 years.

Well quite

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 27 Dec 2023 10:44

leon
From Despair To Where?
Snowflake Royal I'm sorry for the pain you feel, finally realising I've been right for the last 3 years.

Well quite

He was on the money with femii azeez too :lol: :roll:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Dec 2023 11:04

It's funny how in retrospect everyone was always agreeing with me when I'm right, but before the fact I'm always wrong.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 27 Dec 2023 11:19

Not quite

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 27 Dec 2023 11:25

Snowflake Royal It's funny how in retrospect everyone was always agreeing with me when I'm right, but before the fact I'm always wrong.

I don’t believe you.

Prove it with posts- use the search and quote function.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Dec 2023 12:40

paultheroyal He was on the money with femii azeez too :lol: :roll:

Where were you the last couple of months when Azeez was struggling and getting slated, despite you hailing him as future PL star?

That's right, hiding. Meanwhile, I was defending him saying it wasn’t coming off, but he was constantly involved and creating a lot of our better moments despite the poor end product.

Back in your box Paul.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 27 Dec 2023 12:42

Peace and love at this special time, guys.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 27 Dec 2023 13:30

Snowflake Royal It's funny how in retrospect everyone was always agreeing with me when I'm right, but before the fact I'm always wrong.

There's been dozens of match threads on here over the past 4 years where countless posters have bemoaned the lack of defensive cover provided by the midfield, and about how when we clear the ball it comes straight back because our CM can't dominate and control the game, or about how Swift can't influence the game because he needs an enforcer along side him to give him freedom, along with numerous discussions about a narrow midfield resulting in our full backs getting rinsed when they push forward. In fact, that particular discussion has been going on for nigh on a decade.

I think the problem here Ian is that you're only interested in the sound of your own voice to the point that you blank out most things that you can't argue with.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 27 Dec 2023 13:53

I bet Parky would have done no better as manager in our situation either.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 27 Dec 2023 13:57

Snowflake Royal
paultheroyal He was on the money with femii azeez too :lol: :roll:

Where were you the last couple of months when Azeez was struggling and getting slated, despite you hailing him as future PL star?

That's right, hiding. Meanwhile, I was defending him saying it wasn’t coming off, but he was constantly involved and creating a lot of our better moments despite the poor end product.

Back in your box Paul.

What are you babbling on about. Called him out as quality, one to be patient with, and not be an absolute muppet and call players out and look to banish at any signs of weakness!

Yet you, again, do Ian things!

Back in your box? You eight or something?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 27 Dec 2023 14:46

leon Peace and love at this special time, guys.
ho-ho-bloody-ho, it’s evident that it must be a frustratingly lonely time of year for somebody here.

A happier New Year to you

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 01 Jan 2024 16:58

Selles = Legend

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 01 Jan 2024 17:00

Selles has certainly started to turn the corner, he's bought himself another couple of months with me.

590 posts