Selles In

590 posts
Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Selles In

by Franchise FC » 05 Jan 2024 16:23

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal You can make up shit all you like mate. Doesn't make it true.

He got the punishment, required and deserved.

Sorry you looked at this with your usual anti-Selles glasses on again. I wonder what your opinion would be if Chris Wilder or Mark Bowen did something like that.

They wouldn't have.

Do you think no manager would ?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Jan 2024 19:53

Franchise FC
Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
Sorry you looked at this with your usual anti-Selles glasses on again. I wonder what your opinion would be if Chris Wilder or Mark Bowen did something like that.

They wouldn't have.

Evidence would suggest otherwise.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 05 Jan 2024 21:28

Clyde1998 He was on the touch line for Peterborough and Cheltenham (IIRC) and don’t remember him picking up any cards in either game to get a new ban.

I'm pretty sure Selles was booked after the final whistle at Cheltenham.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 06 Jan 2024 05:34

Snowflake Royal
Franchise FC
Snowflake Royal They wouldn't have.

Assuming you mean no other manager would do that, Billy Davies would like a word

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 06 Jan 2024 11:22

Pepe the Horseman I stand with Ian.

Well you can fcuk off Pepe. And I love you.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 06 Jan 2024 15:22

Snowflake Royal
Franchise FC
Snowflake Royal They wouldn't have.

Karl Robinson has just been sent off 15 minutes into his Salford debut for delaying the restart against Forest Green, holding onto the ball before throwing it away from 2 players. A far more stupid action than Selles however as Salford looked fairly well set up at the time.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Jan 2024 13:11

Franchise FC
Snowflake Royal
Franchise FC Do you think no manager would ?

Assuming you mean no other manager would do that, Billy Davies would like a word

I thought it was obvious that was the opposite of what I meant.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Jan 2024 13:12

YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal
Franchise FC Do you think no manager would ?

Karl Robinson has just been sent off 15 minutes into his Salford debut for delaying the restart against Forest Green, holding onto the ball before throwing it away from 2 players. A far more stupid action than Selles however as Salford looked fairly well set up at the time.

So evidence does indeed suggest otherwise.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 08 Jan 2024 09:23

Tweet about it here, with commentary

https://twitter.com/SkyFootball/status/ ... 7519187166

As the rule is what it is, Selles is guilty as but its pretty clear that (a) a lot of people don't know it is the rule and (b) other managers have/would try it if they think they could get away with it.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 08 Jan 2024 09:43

stealthpapes Tweet about it here, with commentary

As the rule is what it is, Selles is guilty as but its pretty clear that (a) a lot of people don't know it is the rule and (b) other managers have/would try it if they think they could get away with it.
The rules are here (under 'Team Officials'). I'm guessing it's a recent addition to the rules, given the lack of knowledge about it.

"Delaying the restart of play" seems a bit vague though: does not preventing the ball from going into the stand count (for example)? Obviously in the case of Selles at Cheltenham (EDIT: Lincoln not Cheltenham) and the above video, they clearly meet the 'delaying' rule.
Last edited by Clyde1998 on 08 Jan 2024 10:27, edited 1 time in total.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Jan 2024 10:21

Clyde1998
stealthpapes Tweet about it here, with commentary

The rules are here (under 'Team Officials'). I'm guessing it's a recent addition to the rules, given the lack of knowledge about it.

"Delaying the restart of play" seems a bit vague though: does not preventing the ball from going into the stand count (for example)? Obviously in the case of Selles at Cheltenham and the above video, they clearly meet the 'delaying' rule.

You will only be able to be penalised for action, not inaction

Most managers are smart enough to achieve the same end, if they're pcunt enough to try, without doing something so bloody obvious.

The old slowly pick the ball up and hapzardly throw it in a big upward loop to the player. Get out of the way and let the ball roll away. Throw it to the wrong opposition player. Not move out of the way.

Hiram K Hackenbacker

by Hiram K Hackenbacker » 08 Jan 2024 11:40

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal You can make up shit all you like mate. Doesn't make it true.

He got the punishment, required and deserved.

They wouldn't have.

I agree

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 09 Jan 2024 17:18

Selles not on the touchline tonight as he serves a one match ban.

Would imagine this relates to the charge spoken about previously. https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2024/january/09/club-update-selles-to-miss-trophy-clash/

In face after actually reading the link, yes it does.

Sounds like the third booking came after the Cheltenham game, so in fact no one missed anything from the FA/EFL and the club/Selles has adhered to all bans previously handed out.

Sounds like everyone was getting their knickers in a twist over nothing (shock).

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 09 Jan 2024 17:33

And people feared another points deduction :lol:

Panic averted until the HMRC charge is heard.

I wonder how significant a £4k fine is to him. I doubt he's on silly money. Could be 2 weeks wages at least.

JR

by JR » 10 Jan 2024 19:59

Ruben’s interview with The Chronicle today suggests he’s not far from packing it in.

Getting nothing encouraging from the owner, losing his coaching team around him, having to front-up to the media for all the crap, etc.

No wonder he is mentally tired.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Jan 2024 20:23

JR Ruben’s interview with The Chronicle today suggests he’s not far from packing it in.

Getting nothing encouraging from the owner, losing his coaching team around him, having to front-up to the media for all the crap, etc.

Is must be proper difficult for him. Tbf the fans have been good to him considering league position etc, suspect he may have walked otherwise

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 10 Jan 2024 20:32

JR Ruben’s interview with The Chronicle today suggests he’s not far from packing it in.

Just read it and yes he does sound pretty fed up and it’s understandable he’s in a pretty rubbish situation as a football manager

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 10 Jan 2024 20:43

I wouldn’t be too upset if he walked, but I'd be concerned by his replacement. Who their right mind would join us in our current state?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 10 Jan 2024 20:47

Pity
Given his learning curve, our upwards*trajectory, our low expectations, the players support….and of course the clubs predicaments, he might just become a decent employee for a few years yet.

Contrary to the hna ‘popular’ opinion

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 10 Jan 2024 21:01

Hound

Is must be proper difficult for him. Tbf the fans have been good to him considering league position etc, suspect he may have walked otherwise

Definitely feel he could walk if things off the pitch get worse. Think only thing keeping him going is knowing that if he pulls us away from the drop with everything going on as it is, his stock will likely be high within the game.

590 posts