Selles In

590 posts
WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Selles In

by WestYorksRoyal » 25 Mar 2024 09:17

paultheroyal
LUX Great stuff.

I do worry that we are not as far from the relegation places as the article suggests, especially with any more points deductions. But the article gives me confidence we can survive on merit. I was at the Cambridge game, it was very impressive.

OTOH if we do survive, the thousands of disgraceful anti-Selles posts from before Xmas need to be highlighted.

Got my eye on that already - some absolute humdingers in there.

Any between losing to Fleetwood and the wins against Wycombe and Carlisle week fair game in my view. Even after those 2 we lost to Eastbourne and Barnsley.

But you'll find some crackers from September or even August!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Mar 2024 10:01

WestYorksRoyal
paultheroyal
LUX Great stuff.

I do worry that we are not as far from the relegation places as the article suggests, especially with any more points deductions. But the article gives me confidence we can survive on merit. I was at the Cambridge game, it was very impressive.

OTOH if we do survive, the thousands of disgraceful anti-Selles posts from before Xmas need to be highlighted.

Any between losing to Fleetwood and the wins against Wycombe and Carlisle week fair game in my view. Even after those 2 we lost to Eastbourne and Barnsley.

By Fleetwood we were on a run of P8, W1, D1, L6. That's quite a generous start point for criticism. And Wycombe was our first win in ages.

I'd say conceding 7 against Blackpool and Northampton are pretty good points to start getting pretty upset, and I'd expect people to be pretty sceptical of a turnaround just by beating Wycombe and Carlisle.

It's more Stevenage and Charlton for faith he'd actualy turned things around imo.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 25 Mar 2024 10:46

Snowflake Royal
WestYorksRoyal
paultheroyal

By Fleetwood we were on a run of P8, W1, D1, L6. That's quite a generous start point for criticism. And Wycombe was our first win in ages.

I'd say conceding 7 against Blackpool and Northampton are pretty good points to start getting pretty upset, and I'd expect people to be pretty sceptical of a turnaround just by beating Wycombe and Carlisle.

It's more Stevenage and Charlton for faith he'd actualy turned things around imo.

Disagree- some of us saw Selles’ potential from the start. Those who didn’t just don’t get football and/or don’t believe enough.

PTR is right- these traitorous vipers in our midst need to be outed and shamed, for the good of the board.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Mar 2024 11:32

St Pauli
Snowflake Royal
WestYorksRoyal Any between losing to Fleetwood and the wins against Wycombe and Carlisle week fair game in my view. Even after those 2 we lost to Eastbourne and Barnsley.

Disagree- some of us saw Selles’ potential from the start. Those who didn’t just don’t get football and/or don’t believe enough.

PTR is right- these traitorous vipers in our midst need to be outed and shamed, for the good of the board.

Why don’t you go back to AE and bore everyone with some more Welsh Steel nonsense. This bait is rancid.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 25 Mar 2024 11:40

Snowflake Royal
St Pauli
Snowflake Royal By Fleetwood we were on a run of P8, W1, D1, L6. That's quite a generous start point for criticism. And Wycombe was our first win in ages.

Why don’t you go back to AE and bore everyone with some more Welsh Steel nonsense. This bait is rancid.

Steady on Ian.

I know it’s Monday morning but there’s no need for that kind of negativity.

It’ll probably never happen champ.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 25 Mar 2024 12:11

One thing that is guaranteed with humans: when situations change there will always be people who claim they could see it from the start.

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 25 Mar 2024 12:31

If someone was suggesting after ten games that Selles was some sort of tactical and motivational genius they weren't doing it on any rational basis. Even his Madre would have been wondering how long he could hang on to his job the way things were going. Anyone saying now they always knew it would work out for him are just boasting about their ability to hold positions with absolutely no evidence to back them up. Which, let's face it, is par for the course in an avergae football fan.

The one positive sign that has been there all along is that he never seemed to "lose the dressing room," and that even when we got demolished by Charlton, there was a fair bit of effort and a degree of bad luck thoughout. But it's a results business, and results were bad.

He was never as useless as some people believed, he has learnt and adapted, anywhere else he would have been sacked, and he's now proving himself to be a competent manager and a decent human being.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 25 Mar 2024 12:35

paultheroyal
LUX Great stuff.

I stand by everything I wrote. He was fcuking clueless.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Mar 2024 12:49

leon
paultheroyal
LUX Great stuff.

I'm sure if PTR or Lux want to pick someone up on criticism of Selles, I'm sure they won't mind other people bringing up some of their more crazy takes.

Lux posts rarely enough on team matters he may escape unscathed, but Paul certainly wouldn't.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 31 Mar 2024 09:29

leon
paultheroyal
LUX Great stuff.

Good man. If we survive we gotta start looking at a change for next season, Phil Parkinson is doing the stuff at Wrexham!

590 posts