Squad Bible

The Green Programme

Re: Squad Bible

by The Green Programme » 04 Sep 2023 13:54

72 bus
SCIAG
South Coast Royal
Thank goodness for Henry 8th (even if for selfish reasons) and Martin Luther as otherwise we might still be genuflecting all over the place as so many foreign players do for some reason on the pitches of England.
The bible, albeit no doubt historically inaccurate, does have some decent allegorical stories and the values from Moses through to Arsenal's no.9 represent a reasonable code for living IMHO.

Not sure where to begin...

I'm not sure relatively few players making openly religious gestures on a football pitch is worth the centuries of religious strife that followed the establishment of the Church of England. Fair few English players make religious gestures of their own - Saka, for example.

I'd not be so confident about Moses as a code for living - some of his rules are irrelevant ("worship no God but me"), and others are actively bad ("you shall not lie with a man as with a woman; it is an abomination"). Even Jesus places a very high value on religious worship. I'm not sure if his encouragement of lives of poverty is entirely wise, though I see the value in encouraging charity - if nothing else, I don't think it's a realistic prescription for most people.

"you shall not lie with a man as with a woman; it is an abomination"
He was right mate, it's sick

Thank you for sharing your very own brand of honed theological analysis.

The Green Programme

by The Green Programme » 04 Sep 2023 14:05

Snowflake Royal
The Green Programme

Unless you have a Time Machine and willingly revert to centuries past…

I don’t think the boys will be pitching up any time soon… as you well know, of course.

Monty Python ridiculed the times you mention, in a much more public format….

And managed to escape retribution.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2021/02/04/qanon-christian-extremism-nationalism-violence-466034

That’s it ……

I take it all back - your heroic display of freedom of expression against the masses of right wing, Nationalist, Christian, demonic, far right, intolerant, populist, regressive, reactionary,…. Etc….etc on this site and everywhere else…

Is almost saintly……

Or something similar….

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 04 Sep 2023 15:48

Can please delete this thread and start again, only without all the evangelical noncery?

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 08 Sep 2023 07:27

https://www.efl.com/news/2023/september ... n-2023-24/

The EFL Squad List 2022/23 and U21 Registered Contract Players are now available to view.

EFL - Squad List 2023/24
Reading - In Squad Players
Player
Home Grown
Azeez, Oluwafemi Javier
Yes
Dean, Harlee James
Yes
Ejaria, Oviemuno Dominic
Yes
Guinness-Walker, Nesta Pierre
Yes
Holmes, Thomas Richard
Yes
Hutchinson, Samuel Edward
Yes
Knibbs, Harvey Andrew
Yes
McIntyre, Thomas Peter
Yes
Mola, Clinton Lemere
Yes
Mukairu, Paul Omo
Smith, Samuel Toby
Yes
Wing, Lewis
Yes
Yiadom, Andrew Kyere
Yes

EFL - Squad List 2023/24
Reading - Under 21 Contract players
Player
Abbey, Nelson Ighodaro
Abdel Salam, Hamid Awad
Abrefa, Kelvin Opoku
Akande, Adrian Moyosoreoluwa Ameer
Ballard, Dominic
Bindon, Tyler Grant
Boyce-Clarke, Coniah
Camara, Mamadi Caba
Carson, Matthew Alan
Clark, Billie Wayne
Clarke, Jahmari Oshown
Clarke, John Robert
Collins, Harvey Robert
Craig, Michael James
Dorsett, Abraham Jeriel Richard
Ehibhatiomhan, Kelvin Osemudiamen
Elliott, Benjamin Njongoue
Giscombe, Ajani Amir Leon Dita
Hammond-Chambers-Borgnis, Jacob
Holzman, Louie James
Kanu, Abraham Philip
Maragh, Geneiro Dicaprio
Maudner, Harvey James Troy
Mbengue, Amadou Salif
Norcott, Thomas Christopher
Okine-Peters, Jeremiah Nii-Ayikwoa
Paul, Samuel Benjamin
Purcell, Benjamin David
Rowley, Matthew Christopher
Rushesha, Tivonge Sacha
Ryan, John Patrick
Sackey, Tyler Joseph Nee
Savage, Charlie William Henry
Senga-Ngoyi, Jack Michel Dasquela
Stickland, Michael George
Tuma, Basil Tenywa
Vickers, Caylan David
Wareham, Jayden Darren George
Wellens, Charlie Gerard Richard

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 26 Apr 2024 14:29

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 26 Apr 2024 14:47

Sorry if this is on another thread (point me to a link if it is) - who are the players with one-year options, and who is the ’star’ who doesn’t have one (Azeez?).

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 26 Apr 2024 15:07

This is good. Suggests both that players are willing to remain at the club (obviously barring any offers from a bigger club) and implies there won't be issues with funding their contracts. Hopefully we'll have most of our first team squad here next season.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 26 Apr 2024 15:17

Obviously the big one is Azeez, but anyone else think his form is closer towards his early season at the moment? He's always trying the spectacular and is not creating chances, even though he continues to work hard and make runs off the ball.

I'd be happy if he stayed, but I'd still want us to strengthen wide areas generally and have opted capable of taking his place if necessary. If you look in CM, the competition between Elliott/Savage/Craig is very strong, and even Wing and Knibbs would come under pressure with a sustained slump over 8 - 10 games or so. That's what we need out wide, as at the moment Azeez keeps his spot by default. And if a Championship club did come in for him, I wouldn't be too disappointed.

He needs a season playing close to his December/January levels before he starts thinking about a higher level. Obviously best scenario is he stays and we help push him on to that.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 27 Apr 2024 08:25

WestYorksRoyal Obviously the big one is Azeez, but anyone else think his form is closer towards his early season at the moment? He's always trying the spectacular and is not creating chances, even though he continues to work hard and make runs off the ball.

I'd be happy if he stayed, but I'd still want us to strengthen wide areas generally and have opted capable of taking his place if necessary. If you look in CM, the competition between Elliott/Savage/Craig is very strong, and even Wing and Knibbs would come under pressure with a sustained slump over 8 - 10 games or so. That's what we need out wide, as at the moment Azeez keeps his spot by default. And if a Championship club did come in for him, I wouldn't be too disappointed.

He needs a season playing close to his December/January levels before he starts thinking about a higher level. Obviously best scenario is he stays and we help push him on to that.

Azeez wants to stay so has reverted his form to put off many other clubs.