What you gonna do, make me?

:D :D :D :D :D :D You`re hard.

Reckons he's a people pleaser.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

Re: MATCHWATCH : Exeter City (a)

by Elm Park Kid » 26 Aug 2023 18:13

Sutekh
Elm Park Kid Whenever a team is just not in the game despite the opposition being nothing it has to come down to the manage. Selles got today wrong.

I mean, this is what I'm expecting from a manager with no relevant experience, but I do obvs hope he proves me wrong.

OK for all us divs who weren't actually at the game today please explain what Selles got wrong and what should he have done.

If I knew the answer to that id be a professional manager.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 26 Aug 2023 18:20

Sutekh
Elm Park Kid Whenever a team is just not in the game despite the opposition being nothing it has to come down to the manage. Selles got today wrong.

I mean, this is what I'm expecting from a manager with no relevant experience, but I do obvs hope he proves me wrong.

OK for all us divs who weren't actually at the game today please explain what Selles got wrong and what should he have done.

Can I ask you ask you a (rhetorical) question Elm Park Kid? When we lost to Peterborough and Port Vale, you were all over the threads moaning. You're nowhere to be seen on the Cheltenham and Stevenage threads. Low and behold we lose to Exeter and you're back on here whinging again.

So given that, do you have any thing positive to contribute or are you just a whiney git?

When you're fielding a young team, days like today are going to happen, particularly against the better sides in the league. Yes it's a learning curve for both the players and manager but the occasional blip is not a disaster as long as the trend remains upwards.

We have hit rock bottom, we are on the first steps of a long haul back. We need to be realistic in our expectations for this team.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 26 Aug 2023 18:22

Loafer Seller out ffs!!!

Absolutely embarrassed

Of that post? You should be.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 26 Aug 2023 18:24

windermereROYAL
Loafer
windermereROYAL
FUKK OFF

No

What you gonna do, make me?

:D :D :D :D :D :D You`re hard.

Didn't see you call out ascot or anybody else , just me

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 26 Aug 2023 18:42

From Despair To Where?
Sutekh

Can I ask you ask you a (rhetorical) question Elm Park Kid? When we lost to Peterborough and Port Vale, you were all over the threads moaning. You're nowhere to be seen on the Cheltenham and Stevenage threads. Low and behold we lose to Exeter and you're back on here whinging again.

So given that, do you have any thing positive to contribute or are you just a whiney git?

When you're fielding a young team, days like today are going to happen, particularly against the better sides in the league. Yes it's a learning curve for both the players and manager but the occasional blip is not a disaster as long as the trend remains upwards.

We have hit rock bottom, we are on the first steps of a long haul back. We need to be realistic in our expectations for this team.

I wasn't around last Saturday. But, I'm not sure that beating a 10 man league one side at home by one goal is something to cheer about.

I'm honestly not trying to be miserable. I was the last of the PInce out group last season. I'm not a fan of the Selles appointment though and id rather say that now then suddenly turn on him like the rest of you.

I genuinely hope he does well with the team and I end up looking like an idiot.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 26 Aug 2023 18:46

Elm Park Kid
From Despair To Where?
Sutekh

I wasn't around last Saturday. But, I'm not sure that beating a 10 man league one side at home by one goal is something to cheer about.

That`s where I stopped reading

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 26 Aug 2023 18:51

:lol:

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 26 Aug 2023 19:08

From Despair To Where?
Sutekh

One 100% this, well said Sir!! Its a project, give it time.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 26 Aug 2023 19:20

I quite enjoyed that today. We were outplayed for the first 35 minutes of the first half, but Exeter looked like a solid League One team tbf. I thought we played much better in the second half and although I have been slating Azeez he got into some decent positions today, but just couldn’t finish. I really hope that he can improve his end product.

I thought a draw would have been a fair result but I can’t begrudge them the win. I’m fully expecting lots of ups and downs this season as we are a young team finding our feet. I just think as supporters we need to back the team and not get too high when we win and not have a meltdown when we lose.

I can’t wait for the transfer window to close next Friday. Also, the international break after the Cambridge game might do us the world of good.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 26 Aug 2023 19:30

I'm still a little unsure about the 4-2-2-2 formation employed today, however, maybe we're using this formation due to Smith being out injured.
I think we lost the battle in midfield in the first half and when Ben Elliot came on we looked much better and i really would look at getting him starting most league games.
I know Selles likes a 4-2-3-1 formation but maybe a 4-3-3 could work, something like this:

Button

Mbengue Dean Abbey Carson

Savage Hutchinson Elliot

Vickers Wifi Knibbs

However, this is just my thoughts, Selles is our manager and i firmly believe we have to trust and give him his chance. This is a project and i'm already enjoying this season way more than last seasons bore fest under Ince !! :D

Tails
Hob Nob Regular

by Tails » 26 Aug 2023 19:30

Elm Park Kid
From Despair To Where?
Sutekh

I'm honestly not trying to be miserable. I was the last of the PInce out group last season. I'm not a fan of the Selles appointment though and id rather say that now then suddenly turn on him like the rest of you.

I genuinely hope he does well with the team and I end up looking like an idiot.

I will take less time than you may think.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 26 Aug 2023 20:54

Can see Exeter finishing top 6, they looked very good.

Don't think Selles did much wrong. On another day we score from that free kick and win 2-1. Instead we fcuked about with it and they went up the other end and scored. A draw would've been a fair result, and was still better than 90% of our games last season.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 26 Aug 2023 21:02

We are going to be that sort of team who win a couple and then lose a couple aren't we? I reckon we have enough in us to finish comfortably top 10.

From what I've seen of League 1 so far I reckon it will be really tight, don't see anyone running away with it. We have as much chance as anyone imo.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 26 Aug 2023 21:42

Just back.
1st half we were 2nd best and rather fortunate to be level. Carson was being mullered, having said that without any help from Knibbs.
Elliot came on for Vickers and the game completely changed. He bossed midfield, put us on the front foot and it looked like a matter of time before we got the second.
However
Their winner was a bit of a choker, with from memory, a long throw from the back by them which turned through play to another long throw into the penalty area, causing confusion from which they scored. Jeeeeez!

Thought Wi Fi and Elliot played well. Special mention to Abbey who put in another decent display.
Tidy ground but a ball ache of a journey down giving very little time for a couple of jars..
The terrace was rammed . Oh for those going the pizza papa john thingy that didn't go today. No alcohol sold in the away end.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 26 Aug 2023 22:56

Royality creeps In Just back.
1st half we were 2nd best and rather fortunate to be level. Carson was being mullered, having said that without any help from Knibbs.
Elliot came on for Vickers and the game completely changed. He bossed midfield, put us on the front foot and it looked like a matter of time before we got the second.
However
Their winner was a bit of a choker, with from memory, a long throw from the back by them which turned through play to another long throw into the penalty area, causing confusion from which they scored. Jeeeeez!

Thought Wi Fi and Elliot played well. Special mention to Abbey who put in another decent display.
Tidy ground but a ball ache of a journey down giving very little time for a couple of jars..
The terrace was rammed . Oh for those going the pizza papa john thingy that didn't go today. No alcohol sold in the away end.

Definitely felt like people bought tickets in the seated area but just went to the terrace.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Aug 2023 23:12

Royalwaster
Ascotexgunner I find Selles in game management nothing short of pathetic.

I have no idea what you're talking about ...

He's a div.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Aug 2023 23:15

Crowbar6753 I'm still a little unsure about the 4-2-2-2 formation employed today, however, maybe we're using this formation due to Smith being out injured.
I think we lost the battle in midfield in the first half and when Ben Elliot came on we looked much better and i really would look at getting him starting most league games.
I know Selles likes a 4-2-3-1 formation but maybe a 4-3-3 could work, something like this:

Button

Mbengue Dean Abbey Carson

Savage Hutchinson Elliot

Vickers Wifi Knibbs

However, this is just my thoughts, Selles is our manager and i firmly believe we have to trust and give him his chance. This is a project and i'm already enjoying this season way more than last seasons bore fest under Ince !! :D

Can we stop with the trendy 4-2-2-2 bollocks and just call it the very obviously 4-4-2 it is. Ffs.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 27 Aug 2023 00:04

Royality creeps In Just back.
However

No-one is going to that shit.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 27 Aug 2023 07:37

And then 30k will want to go if we get to the final.

183 posts