Hob Nob Regular

Re: MATCHWATCH : Cambridge United (a)

by Royal_jimmy » 04 Sep 2023 21:58

Unacceptable performance and result. This is just not good enough

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 04 Sep 2023 21:58

Dreadful stuff really. Was really hoping to watch this tonight and feel some hope for the future. Nope. How low have we come to make a load of scuffers like Cambridge look like Barcelona.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 04 Sep 2023 21:59

Hound
Ascotexgunner Inexperienced manager + inexperienced players = This.

Yes and we all know this. Should have got a point and plenty of players to come back

It’ll be a tough season, certainly until they get a bit more experience or tbe more experienced lads come back

But yet this is what most of the fans wanted, a younger team. It’s just a shame they lack quality and maybe a bit of confidence at the moment. Too inconsistent, not just game-by-game but in actual moments in games as well. Needs to improve.

yuomi

by yuomi » 04 Sep 2023 22:00

90 minutes spent hoofing the ball up to midget forwards playing against towering CBs. Can't think Morrison and Bennett will have many easier games than that this season. It's crazy how quickly we've defaulted back to type - or how quickly Selles has resorted to a tactic his predecessors kept trying with no avail. I can't think of more than 2-3 times we actually ran at anyone tonight, for the most part just turning backwards/sideways and passing - often missing the man and gifting possession away. Agonisingly low energy, soft, narrow, and, when we did get chances, could only hammer it at the keeper. Need a serious think about things over the international break, need to stop Bearwood breaking our players. You can't win in any division by sitting back, hitting balls and hoping for the best. Surely we should have learned that by now...

bloody Volvo driver

by bloody Volvo driver » 04 Sep 2023 22:00

Hound

Yes and we all know this. Should have got a point and plenty of players to come back

It’ll be a tough season, certainly until they get a bit more experience or tbe more experienced lads come back

Exactly who are the “plenty of players to come back”?

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 04 Sep 2023 22:01

Bristol Paul
Jackson Corner Never looked like scoring shambolic at the back. This has to be the worst Reading team in living memory.

No, that was last years team. At least this team run around.

So does my jack Russell and he would do it for nothing

yuomi

by yuomi » 04 Sep 2023 22:02

bloody Volvo driver
Hound

Off the top of my head we're missing:
Smith
Ejaria
Bindon
Wing
Ballard (not exactly coming back, but you get the idea)

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 04 Sep 2023 22:03

I actually quite enjoyed that game. Pace was exciting at times. We had our chances (they had more tbf), and fukk me WiFi should have started.

We are what we are. A very inexperienced team trying to build something.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 04 Sep 2023 22:04

yuomi
bloody Volvo driver
Hound

Smith
Ejaria
Bindon
Wing

They'll just get injured again because Bowen Jr is only in his job due to nepotism.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 04 Sep 2023 22:04

YorkshireRoyal99
Hound

But yet this is what most of the fans wanted, a younger team. It’s just a shame they lack quality and maybe a bit of confidence at the moment. Too inconsistent, not just game-by-game but in actual moments in games as well. Needs to improve.

Yeah and rather than crying about it should realise that it’ll take time - not 2-3 games - to come together.

Don’t like the excuse but we’re missing big players as well in Wing, Smith and Ehib not being fully fit. Then Ballard, Mukairo, Ejaria who may or may not make a big difference

I thought we did ok. Made some chances, Cambridge didn’t really create a lot outside of set pieces.

Lack of quality on the ball at times was disappointing but I can’t say it’s a huge surprise

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Sep 2023 22:04

Selles screwed the pooch. Madness resting Ehib going into a break having just signed a striker.

Can't believe we let Brophy get an assist.

We played like morons. Uh, let's hoof to Vickers v Bennett and Morro.

Fair play to Morro. Came and clapped us after the game. What a gent.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 04 Sep 2023 22:05

Norfolk Royal Dreadful stuff really. Was really hoping to watch this tonight and feel some hope for the future. Nope. How low have we come to make a load of scuffers like Cambridge look like Barcelona.

Clueless tactics. Just play aimless long balls. Constantly give away possession. Dreadful stuff.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 04 Sep 2023 22:05

We didn't play our game. Seems like they rattled us. Perhaps that Millwall performance was possible in a half empty stadium where the fans didn't care.

I'm not panicking yet as I never expected immediate promotion. But we need to use these 2 weeks well ahead of Bolton.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 04 Sep 2023 22:05

yuomi
bloody Volvo driver
Hound

Smith
Ejaria
Bindon
Wing

Mukairo as well. 6 is plenty

The Green Programme

by The Green Programme » 04 Sep 2023 22:06

John Madejski's Wallet I actually quite enjoyed that game. Pace was exciting at times. We had our chances (they had more tbf), and fukk me WiFi should have started.

We are what we are. A very inexperienced team trying to build something.

Agreed - and still can’t believe Knibbs didn’t score - how was that not over the line???

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 04 Sep 2023 22:06

yuomi 90 minutes spent hoofing the ball up to midget forwards playing against towering CBs. Can't think Morrison and Bennett will have many easier games than that this season. It's crazy how quickly we've defaulted back to type - or how quickly Selles has resorted to a tactic his predecessors kept trying with no avail. I can't think of more than 2-3 times we actually ran at anyone tonight, for the most part just turning backwards/sideways and passing - often missing the man and gifting possession away. Agonisingly low energy, soft, narrow, and, when we did get chances, could only hammer it at the keeper. Need a serious think about things over the international break, need to stop Bearwood breaking our players. You can't win in any division by sitting back, hitting balls and hoping for the best. Surely we should have learned that by now...

Probably doesn’t help that we started without a natural number 9 tonight. Not sure why Kelvin E didn’t start unless there was a fitness issue of sorts. Let’s not worry about running players into the ground if that’s the excuse either, we’ve played less than 10 games and now have a 2 week gap between fixtures. For a team struggling to score, doesn’t seem very sensible to put our only reliable goal scorer on the bench.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 04 Sep 2023 22:07

If one had gone in it would have counted, it was a foul after the keeper collected it
As for the club i despair, 296 days since our last away win and 2 points from 45.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 04 Sep 2023 22:07

Snowflake Royal Selles screwed the pooch. Madness resting Ehib going into a break having just signed a striker.

Can't believe we let Brophy get an assist.

We played like morons. Uh, let's hoof to Vickers v Bennett and Morro.

Fair play to Morro. Came and clapped us after the game. What a gent.

Our front two was never going to work and it didn’t. Vickers isn’t ready to start imo, talented as he is. Their full backs played well and it gave us few options. Looked a different story with Ehibhatiomhan on who they struggled to handle

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 04 Sep 2023 22:08

Port Vale was worse...

yuomi

by yuomi » 04 Sep 2023 22:11

Sutekh Port Vale was worse...

Agreed. But they're multiplying, and that performance was still utterly unacceptable,

232 posts