Hob Nob Legend

Re: Where does this end?

by Hound » 18 Sep 2023 18:48

Was this CEO ever not missing?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 Sep 2023 18:51

Guess with Dai it’s probably that he wants us back in the champ to make us more sellable but doesn’t want to put in any more funds getting us there

Now obviously that’s not going to work so he needs to either cut his losses and sell up or continue to invest at a far lower level in an attempt to get us back up

Assuming he actually can get his hands on money to fund it

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 18 Sep 2023 18:58

Elm Park Kid Getting back on track - This probably ends with Selles and Bowen leaving the club and Dai being finally forced to sell up. He doesn't want to put any more money in, SLC are only going to lend us so much and no sensible person/company is going to invest a penny whilst Dai acts like absent owner. Even our CEO has gone missing. This ends with a sale or winding up order.

It's difficult to know which way this will go.
Dai will not sell up and even if a buyer is found he will cling on to power for as long as possible for an extortionate amount of money.
Then there's the assets.....does the club come with the stadium and training ground to the buyer?.......
Other side of the coin is we are a decent sized club in a good area, brilliant stadium, training facilities and someone might fancy their chance of trying to create a new Brighton......
Then flipping the coin back again, noone might want us as we maybe a bad proposition....then it ends badly with us definitely being the new Bolton.....

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 18 Sep 2023 19:59

Ascotexgunner
Elm Park Kid Getting back on track - This probably ends with Selles and Bowen leaving the club and Dai being finally forced to sell up. He doesn't want to put any more money in, SLC are only going to lend us so much and no sensible person/company is going to invest a penny whilst Dai acts like absent owner. Even our CEO has gone missing. This ends with a sale or winding up order.

It's difficult to know which way this will go.
Dai will not sell up and even if a buyer is found he will cling on to power for as long as possible for an extortionate amount of money.
Then there's the assets.....does the club come with the stadium and training ground to the buyer?.......
Other side of the coin is we are a decent sized club in a good area, brilliant stadium, training facilities and someone might fancy their chance of trying to create a new Brighton......
Then flipping the coin back again, noone might want us as we maybe a bad proposition....then it ends badly with us definitely being the new Bolton.....

Let's not forget though that FFP means that it's not possible for any owner to simply spend our way into the PL.

MouldyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MouldyRoyal » 19 Sep 2023 09:26

Snowflake Royal
MouldyRoyal
Snowflake Royal Oh goody, GWL is here to give another boring lecture.

He's not wrong though.

Nor relevant.

Disagree, found it both relevant and interesting.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 19 Sep 2023 11:08

Snowflake Royal
Jagermesiter1871
Snowflake Royal Christ, it's not hard is it.

Someone makes a point about someone making billions in China is unlikely to do so honestly, referring to China as a communist country.

So someone tries to argue the toss by saying China isn't a Communist country and then some other tosser rocks up to wave their economics BSc knob around and give us a lecture on how China doesn't fit communist ideals in some ways.

Who gives a oxf*rd whether China meets the technical definition of Communism in some or all elements of how its run. Its not relevant to the discussion. China identifies as a Communist state. The world identifies China as a communist state.

More importantly Dai Yongge is a useless cock who almost certainly made his money on the dodge. The actual point.

"Er... I think you'll find China doesn't actually conform to communist ideology economically".

"Yeah thanks Penfold, fuck off."

Genuinely interested in what sources you have that he made his money on the dodge? And any info on why after investing over £200mil he has stopped, despite still attending games and seeming to have an interest.

Seeing as this is on topic and not stupid, I'll respond.

He made his money buying nuclear bunkers off the Gov on the cheap and converting them into shopping centres. China is a corrupt authoritarian state. If you think major infrastructure projects and selling off of state assets aren't riddled with corruption and graft there, I have a bridge you might be interested in buying.

Then of course there's the factor that pretty much anyone of sufficent wealth pretty much must have engaged in some degree of moral and or dishonest practice to get there.

Why has the money run dry? He was heavily invested in shopping centres. China was in semi lockdown for two years, that's going to have decimated his finances. One of his major company's shares can't be traded. He's pissed about £200m of his roughly £900m when he bought us up the wall on us.

He's bored of us. He bought us after a PO Final trying to buy his way into the PL and he's run us so shambolically that about 5 years later we're in the League One relegation zone.

Almost without fail every decision we know he's directly involved in has been a shambles and harmed us. The training ground is the one good thing he's done and that was planned under the Thais.

It's now just a case of trying to make him lose more face hanging around running us into oblivion than admitting defeat and selling up.

The pcunt is destroying our club. And he can oxf*rd off. Amongst other things.

Not sure it's all that unfeasible that nuclear bunkers would be sold off on the cheap and is fairly innovative to convert them into shopping centres. Of course I'm sure there was an element of guanxi and greasing of hands but that's the case with a lot of the world particularly developing nations, which China was at the time. Hardly makes Dai an evil bastard and dodgy per se if that was the case. I don't see any evidence he's bored of us and as you've said, he most likely has suffered economically from the pandemic. Again, fail to see how any of this makes him the dodgy evil pantomime villain you're trying to portray him as. I think its fair to say he's been incompetent and trusted the wrong people but it does appear he is looking for third party investment as opposed to mothballing the club.

Do find it funny that once owners stop investing, for whatever reason, they are suddenly evil even if they have previously invested hundreds of millions of their own funds. Do recall the abuse Mr Mad received at the end of his tenure when he didn't have the funds.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Sep 2023 12:15

Jagermesiter1871
Snowflake Royal
Jagermesiter1871
Genuinely interested in what sources you have that he made his money on the dodge? And any info on why after investing over £200mil he has stopped, despite still attending games and seeming to have an interest.

Seeing as this is on topic and not stupid, I'll respond.

He made his money buying nuclear bunkers off the Gov on the cheap and converting them into shopping centres. China is a corrupt authoritarian state. If you think major infrastructure projects and selling off of state assets aren't riddled with corruption and graft there, I have a bridge you might be interested in buying.

Then of course there's the factor that pretty much anyone of sufficent wealth pretty much must have engaged in some degree of moral and or dishonest practice to get there.

Why has the money run dry? He was heavily invested in shopping centres. China was in semi lockdown for two years, that's going to have decimated his finances. One of his major company's shares can't be traded. He's pissed about £200m of his roughly £900m when he bought us up the wall on us.

He's bored of us. He bought us after a PO Final trying to buy his way into the PL and he's run us so shambolically that about 5 years later we're in the League One relegation zone.

Almost without fail every decision we know he's directly involved in has been a shambles and harmed us. The training ground is the one good thing he's done and that was planned under the Thais.

It's now just a case of trying to make him lose more face hanging around running us into oblivion than admitting defeat and selling up.

Not sure it's all that unfeasible that nuclear bunkers would be sold off on the cheap and is fairly innovative to convert them into shopping centres. Of course I'm sure there was an element of guanxi and greasing of hands but that's the case with a lot of the world particularly developing nations, which China was at the time. Hardly makes Dai an evil bastard and dodgy per se if that was the case. I don't see any evidence he's bored of us and as you've said, he most likely has suffered economically from the pandemic. Again, fail to see how any of this makes him the dodgy evil pantomime villain you're trying to portray him as. I think its fair to say he's been incompetent and trusted the wrong people but it does appear he is looking for third party investment as opposed to mothballing the club.

Do find it funny that once owners stop investing, for whatever reason, they are suddenly evil even if they have previously invested hundreds of millions of their own funds. Do recall the abuse Mr Mad received at the end of his tenure when he didn't have the funds.

It's got nothing to do with him stopping putting money in, as shown by me being sick of the useless pcunt for years.

Most of the fanbase have woken up to it. There's akways some who'll keep their eyes closed. I guess that includes you.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 19 Sep 2023 12:27

Hound
SouthDownsRoyal Maybe relegation to L2 will be the great reset we need? :lol:

New grounds to visit tbf. And we’d probably win more games than we lose so would be nice to be near the top of the table for once

And a better opportunity to bring the young kids in
What young kids? - We won't have an academy.

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 19 Sep 2023 12:40

South Coast Royal FWIW I agree with you on this GWL and have no problem, nor should any nobber have a problem with a topic going off piste-it happens all the time in the world of HNA.
So, with no apology for staying off piste, is England now a Christian country?

IMO the UK is a constitutionally Christian country in which a small majority are no longer practising, but if push came to shove, would not be offended if someone from another part of the world referred to them as Christian. Just because Neil who is 60 and on holiday in Benidorm doesnt go to church anymore, doesnt mean he doesnt consider himself christian.

We still reserve place in the Lords for Christian Bishops, not of any other religion.
The Head of the Church of England anoints the Head of State, not some random member of the Royal Court, or of the Government.
Remembrance of military veterans is lead by the Church, not the Military.
School holidays match Christain festivals
The only religion that can carry out official weddings are christian.

It goes on and on.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 19 Sep 2023 12:49

I mean if this is the direction you want to take the board…

The Head of the Church of England is God, who rarely puts in a personal appearance these days. The head of state is the Supreme Governor of the Church of England. The Archbishop of Canterbury is the Primate of all England, and the chief spiritual leader of the Anglican Communion.

Hope that helps put the last points deduction in context.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 19 Sep 2023 13:18

Snowflake Royal
Jagermesiter1871
Snowflake Royal Seeing as this is on topic and not stupid, I'll respond.

It's got nothing to do with him stopping putting money in, as shown by me being sick of the useless pcunt for years.

Most of the fanbase have woken up to it. There's akways some who'll keep their eyes closed. I guess that includes you.

I'm not saying I want him as an owner just that to characterise him is an evil dodgy oxf*rd is childish at best. It also for me makes protest moot. He's looking for investment and I'm sure if a plausible buyer was on the table hed take it. The reality is there aren't and the current investors that are being rumoured are either lacking in funds, extremely dodgy or a mixture of both.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 19 Sep 2023 14:11

Lets be clear about this: Dai Yongge has ultimately been an extremely poor owner of Reading football club. Whilst he has invested a lot of money, and has (to be fair) shown a reasonable amount of respect to fans over the years, he has also overseen a dysfunctional management system. He's involved people who have taken bad decision after bad decision which has led to pretty much 6 years of continual decline. We've been deducted 16 points due to this mismanagement, have seen our fan base dwindle and are very simply in a much worse place than when he took over.

I've been told by a reliable source that he is no longer interested in how the club is doing and will not put any more money in.

The only way we can move forward is for him to leave. Yet he appears to be acting extremely stubbornly when it comes to a price. Maybe the more noise and embarrassment that fans can bring down on him the more likely it will be that he will sell. Maybe not. But really, people have to consider that our long term future is more important than short term results.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Sep 2023 14:20

I think that’s about right

And as said on the other board, he’ll probably break down his ‘investments’ ; the independently valued stadium at £25m or so, the training ground, and the squad itself and think someone should be paying far more than a new buyer will think it’s worth

It’s a difficult negotiation. A new buyer could pick up the lot and relatively hit the jackpot if we went back up with a thriving academy, training ground and the likes of Savage, Elliot, Binden, Ehib, Abbey and Vickers potentially being worth some good money at some stage

On the other hand you could see a struggling club near the bottom of L1 being forced to play a load of academy kids as they don’t have anyone else, with a stadium they can’t fill and seemingly miles from the PL

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 19 Sep 2023 14:37

Hound I think that’s about right

And as said on the other board, he’ll probably break down his ‘investments’ ; the independently valued stadium at £25m or so, the training ground, and the squad itself and think someone should be paying far more than a new buyer will think it’s worth

It’s a difficult negotiation. A new buyer could pick up the lot and relatively hit the jackpot if we went back up with a thriving academy, training ground and the likes of Savage, Elliot, Binden, Ehib, Abbey and Vickers potentially being worth some good money at some stage

On the other hand you could see a struggling club near the bottom of L1 being forced to play a load of academy kids as they don’t have anyone else, with a stadium they can’t fill and seemingly miles from the PL

True, but Reading isn't really worth much more as a Championship club than it is right now. Costs go up by more than additional income in that league, and (as we've seen) trying to get the full market value for any players that turn good is like trying to carry water in a colander. So any potential new owner is only going to hit the 'jackpot' if they get promoted again to PL - which is frankly a long shot.

But, on the plus side, modern day investors (especially the Yanks) seem to have a highly optimistic view of how successful a team can become. And the whole Wrexham stuff doesn't hurt in terms of general interest. I'm aware that there have already been genuine offers at 'fair' prices, just that Dai has this ridiculous idea that he can get his money back. . . . .

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 19 Sep 2023 14:46

Elm Park Kid

True, but Reading isn't really worth much more as a Championship club than it is right now. Costs go up by more than additional income in that league, and (as we've seen) trying to get the full market value for any players that turn good is like trying to carry water in a colander. So any potential new owner is only going to hit the 'jackpot' if they get promoted again to PL - which is frankly a long shot.

But, on the plus side, modern day investors (especially the Yanks) seem to have a highly optimistic view of how successful a team can become. And the whole Wrexham stuff doesn't hurt in terms of general interest. I'm aware that there have already been genuine offers at 'fair' prices, just that Dai has this ridiculous idea that he can get his money back. . . . .

Well if that's the case the worst is yet to come. He'll probably only accept when he comes to terms that it's c. £30m for a sale or liquidation and less than half that.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 19 Sep 2023 14:50

Elm Park Kid

Then, we will likely be the next Southend - they have the same problem, people willing to buy the club at a fair price but an owner who has a price in his mind that is way above what any sensible person would be happy to pay.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Sep 2023 14:51

Elm Park Kid

True about the champ which is why I mentioned the prem - that possible pot of gold is the main reason it makes us more attractive. Though of course player premiums go up - so a Vickers playing in the champ is worth double a Vickers in L1

I imagine we’re prob worth a lot more now than we were a few years back - despite being in the champ the liabilities of all those hefty contracts etc

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 19 Sep 2023 14:54

Your ego must be out of control to be like that and make decisions so much against your financial interests. When an insolvent business gets liquidated, the owner is at the end of the queue and gets fcuk all back.

What a vile, pathetic, petty, vindictive excuse of a human being you must be to make that choice and destroy a community asset in the process. Take the reasonable bids on offer and fcuk off.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 19 Sep 2023 16:19

WestYorksRoyal Your ego must be out of control to be like that and make decisions so much against your financial interests. When an insolvent business gets liquidated, the owner is at the end of the queue and gets fcuk all back.

What a vile, pathetic, petty, vindictive excuse of a human being you must be to make that choice and destroy a community asset in the process. Take the reasonable bids on offer and fcuk off.

True, if it's all about share value, but if he has loans that may not be the case.
Indeed, if they are legally secured loans they may rank first (after the football and HMRC debts)

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 19 Sep 2023 16:26

Franchise FC
WestYorksRoyal Your ego must be out of control to be like that and make decisions so much against your financial interests. When an insolvent business gets liquidated, the owner is at the end of the queue and gets fcuk all back.

True, if it's all about share value, but if he has loans that may not be the case.
Indeed, if they are legally secured loans they may rank first (after the football and HMRC debts)

Would you believe it, the affiliated loans in the accounts have fixed charges against the company's property, which will be the training ground. So he would be near the front of the queue.

But it's still a worse deal than selling the club at fair price. Those loans are worth £80m which is more than the training ground. What could he do with a training ground with no team to use it? Sell it to a property developer to make into houses?

Much better to sell the football club as a whole which will also take into account the potential of the club, players, academy etc.,