Where does this end?

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

Where does this end?

by WestYorksRoyal » 15 Sep 2023 11:08

All a lot of hopelessness around, understandably so. I'm trying to think about where it ends, and there are a lot of reasons to be concerned if honest.

The good outcomes
1) Dai sells up without any administration or further points deductions. Who knows how good the new owner is, but anyone who doesn't want this outcome for fear of the unknown needs to give their head a wobble. Sadly, there seems to be no intention to sell so this highly unlikely at the moment.

2) Minority investment comes in; Dai's current plan. Provides stability and lets Bowen, Selles etc., do their job. We still have the bastard as owner but hopefully the chaos ends. The problem here is why would anyone want to be a minority partner with Dai when he is so untrustworthy? There would have to be a clear route to a full buyout. I know there are rumours that it may happen, but I'd question the judgement of any investor who is simply financing Dai's failed project.

The bad outcomes
3) Dai limps on. No investment obtained, we go month to month struggling to pay players and HMRC. More points deductions likely, relegation distinct possibility in which case drastic cuts and curtains for our academy. And who knows where the bottom is. But we just keep the wolf of HMRC's winding up petition from the door. Otherwise...

4) Liquidation from HMRC when we can't pay them. I thought they could place into administration, but they can't as an unsecured creditor (thanks Franchise FC for correcting me).

5) Administration. This would have to be triggered by Dai or our Directors, but when faced with a winding up petition they may think it sensible. Relegation almost certain, with all the bad consequences but at least we get rid of him.

Perilous really. I think minority investment with a route to a buyout or Dai simply limping on are the most likely in the short term. There are plenty of vain investors around - we just need to hope someone is stupid enough to be tricked into doing business with Dai.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Where does this end?

by NathStPaul » 15 Sep 2023 11:11

Where do the multiple new threads being made about the same issue end?

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 15 Sep 2023 11:14

:| why couldn't have this been posted in one of the many other threads on the same subject?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 15 Sep 2023 11:18

Here's a nice jolly tune to cheer you up

https://youtu.be/l4npQSb7dDk?si=bgEwu7BHrlI42OUd

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 15 Sep 2023 11:33

Maybe relegation to L2 will be the great reset we need? :lol:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Sep 2023 12:14

SouthDownsRoyal Maybe relegation to L2 will be the great reset we need? :lol:

New grounds to visit tbf. And we’d probably win more games than we lose so would be nice to be near the top of the table for once

And a better opportunity to bring the young kids in

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Sep 2023 12:19

It ends when Dai goes. Hopefully.

Also, no to new threads on this shit.

Webster750

by Webster750 » 15 Sep 2023 12:26

Although the subject matter is underwhelming, good on you for having the courage to create a new thread.

I don’t understand how talking points pertaining to a singular issue are better sought across numerous threads created as far back as a year. Especially given HNA? does not provide mobile devices any timestamps on posts and the filtering system is flaky.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 15 Sep 2023 12:29

:roll:

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 15 Sep 2023 13:09

Lectio

by Lectio » 15 Sep 2023 13:26

Phoenix club is where it ends. If the scenario should play out maybe the team name could be the Latin translation.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 15 Sep 2023 14:06

Where does this end?

Well the last year I can remember where we had as much uncertainty around the club off the pitch was 50 years ago. We were, as now, in tier 3 and were relegated at the end of the season.

That did provide the reset needed though, 3 years later we were in the second tier.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Sep 2023 14:14

I’d rather a new thread on it than it taking over every other thread - ie the Bolton matchwatch

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 15 Sep 2023 14:15

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 15 Sep 2023 14:35

Mid Sussex Royal Where does this end?

Well the last year I can remember where we had as much uncertainty around the club off the pitch was 50 years ago. We were, as now, in tier 3 and were relegated at the end of the season.

That did provide the reset needed though, 3 years later we were in the second tier.

You were out by 10 years otherwise a decent point.

if we end up in L2 or lower, don't really care as long as a) we have a club and b) we don't have Dai running it.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 15 Sep 2023 16:21

WestYorksRoyal Perilous really. I think minority investment with a route to a buyout or Dai simply limping on are the most likely in the short term. There are plenty of vain investors around - we just need to hope someone is stupid enough to be tricked into doing business with Dai.

I wouldn't even be bothered if Dai "limped on" with ourselves providing he swallows the costs of the club (on time however), look to reduce them and provided minimal investment into the first team and academy, obviously whilst not crippling us with points deductions. Having said that, I have probably described the ideal owner there, which he is far from.

We don't need to invest absolutely millions like he has done, plenty of clubs have got by spending limited amounts, but spending it well. Of course, growing the reputation of the club, you will need the financial power to do so, but in order to do that we'd likely need to be in the PL at that point anyway for a significant period of time anyway. It's tough trying to find an owner who will be able to do both though.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 15 Sep 2023 16:23

Maybe it will all be okay

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 15 Sep 2023 16:26

Hound

New grounds to visit tbf. And we’d probably win more games than we lose so would be nice to be near the top of the table for once

Did you cut and paste that from last season ?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Sep 2023 16:44

Franchise FC
Hound

Did you cut and paste that from last season ?

Basically. That was my ‘joke’.

It’s been a dull day sorry

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 15 Sep 2023 17:14

From Despair To Where? Here's a nice jolly tune to cheer you up

https://youtu.be/l4npQSb7dDk?si=bgEwu7BHrlI42OUd

Sorry that's far too upbeat.