MATCHWATCH : Blackpool (a)

221 posts
Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Blackpool (a)

by Millsy » 23 Sep 2023 17:33

lol @ the old fellow who referred to a black player as "that coloured chap" :)

Missed the beginning was it Dill?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 23 Sep 2023 17:34

When’s smith back?

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 23 Sep 2023 17:36

Appalling game, but we expected a few of them with a young team. Reaction next week is key, after which our next away games are at Northampton and Leyton Orient. 6 or 7 points from those 3 with decent performances and people will forget about today.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 23 Sep 2023 17:40

Our unstoppable away record continues... We started well but we were appalling after that first goal. The way we capitulated wasn't acceptable. No marking for the other 3 goals, continuous direct football which doesn't work with Kelvin E up front.

Players deserved the stick they got at the end from the fans, that was really poor.
Last edited by Royal_jimmy on 23 Sep 2023 17:46, edited 1 time in total.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 23 Sep 2023 17:45

Einstein agogo Look at the Effing team , same old twats that mean we always lose. Take them out and we normally get a result.
Viadom is a oxf*rd 100 years old and runs as fast as a oxf*rd slug But lets make hime super captain forever despite fcuk all result when he ever plays

I've been saying for months that Andy Yiadom is a serial loser. All he's ever done in his career is get relegated.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 23 Sep 2023 17:59

Snowflake Royal
Vision
Snowflake Royal For all the problems McIntyre and Holmes have... they know how to be goalside.

Certainly shouldn't be playing both of them together. But it really does look like one of them is needed.

After one bad performance/result from Bindon/Abbey?. I'd equally argue it was the supposed experience of Hutchinson and Yiadom that are even more culpable.

Bindon and Abbey were terrible first half against Bolton as well.

Issue is definitely in midfield too. But their positioning is so bad right now that when midfield inevitably screws up its just a free walk through to our goal.

I won't blame Bindon and Abbey solely but they got away with it against Bolton. They were found wanting today. I do think it's time we changed it up at CB as well. Dean and Abbey should start.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Sep 2023 18:40

CountryRoyal
Snowflake Royal
CountryRoyal
Mines stayed on all second half though I was mainly watching that naff RAF thing on 4, and then the rugby.

Not concerned about a 3 goal deficit, especially against Blackpool away, young team, learning, hopefully see a good reaction next time out.

Kept freezing and buffering. Only a refresh would get it started again. And then it would frequently go to the website being unavailable

I can’t ever get a good connection with s.korea, normally use Netherlands or Luxembourg.

Was using US this time. Will try those next

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 23 Sep 2023 18:47

CountryRoyal When’s smith back?

Not training yet 2 or 3 weeks according to Ruben, so that will be 10 weeks into a 6 week layoff

retro royal

by retro royal » 23 Sep 2023 18:57

Not sure if it's the shape of the team but Yiadom and Mola were abysmal, Savage in midfield seems to run around aimlessly and Wifi upfront today with Ballard just didn't work, Azeez seems lightweight and doesn't justify his place in the squad. Not sure about Hutchinson either, what was that penalty about. After Tuesday just very depressing,

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 23 Sep 2023 20:05

Royalwaster
Loafer Selles has to go, we need to revert back to English managers and an English style of play I think like coppell

Oh shut up.

Why?

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 23 Sep 2023 20:32

Loafer
Royalwaster
Loafer Selles has to go, we need to revert back to English managers and an English style of play I think like coppell

Oh shut up.

Why?

Because you tiresome oxf*rd.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 23 Sep 2023 21:51

72 bus
Loafer
Royalwaster
Oh shut up.

Why?

Because you tiresome oxf*rd.

Thought you out of anybody wants an English boss?

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 23 Sep 2023 21:55

Results certainly have to improve. We should be doing better, regardless of the age of our side we have enough talent to be at least midtable. We'd be 18th without the points deductions.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 23 Sep 2023 22:16

windermereROYAL
CountryRoyal When’s smith back?

Not training yet 2 or 3 weeks according to Ruben, so that will be 10 weeks into a 6 week layoff

Lol.

Not a fan of xg and that but we’re creating more just struggling to finish a bit (in the league) think we’ll see a change of fortune when he’s fit and up to speed.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 23 Sep 2023 22:20

Royal_jimmy Results certainly have to improve. We should be doing better, regardless of the age of our side we have enough talent to be at least midtable. We'd be 18th without the points deductions.

Do they? I don’t know. I’m still firmly in the survival is main aim camp. The team is generally so young and inexperienced, it’s such a transition. I’m fully expecting results like this, I think we will have enough to pick up some good performances and results which should see us safe but I’m certainly not expecting miracles. Plus it is a long season. Plus Dai.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 24 Sep 2023 07:22

Since the Port Vale game which led to a reset, we're W3 L3. Pretty much what many expected this team to be.

Yesterday was abysmal and should lead to change in personnel next game but overall things aren't as bad as some would love to make out whilst it not being great either.

We simply have to win an away game and we will but it has to come before the next international break else the away record will sink this season too (esp if we get more deductions) as we will drop points at home.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 24 Sep 2023 10:03

Royal_jimmy We'd be 18th without the points deductions.

17th

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Sep 2023 10:58

Stranded Since the Port Vale game which led to a reset, we're W3 L3. Pretty much what many expected this team to be.

Yesterday was abysmal and should lead to change in personnel next game but overall things aren't as bad as some would love to make out whilst it not being great either.

We simply have to win an away game and we will but it has to come before the next international break else the away record will sink this season too (esp if we get more deductions) as we will drop points at home.

Yeah. I'm not convinced by the shape either, especially away.

We've gone from mostly keeping it tight and getting beaten by the odd goal late on etc, to being wide open all game and dropping regular clangers.

Our passing is too slow, our movement too static and we overcommit forward away from home.

The managerial decisions are putting unnecessary pressure on the team, which is full of inexperience.

We have a lot of talented players. We need to give them the platform to build the experience to use that talent reliably and consistently without having their confidence crushed.

Changes needed to find the right balance. But almost no one should being written off. Although Mola and Hutchinson are heading that way.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 24 Sep 2023 11:01

Stranded Since the Port Vale game which led to a reset, we're W3 L3. Pretty much what many expected this team to be.

It's still early. I think we will improve as the season goes on. Points deductions are the biggest concern. If we fail to pay next week, that would likely be 4 points and us back on 1 (still not bottom thanks to Cheltenham). Hopefully we find a way.

We really need a 4 or 5 game streak where we pull well clear and give ourselves more breathing space against future deductions. The upcoming run is an opportunity - Northampton and Orient away are winnable opportunities to break the dire away record. But then I predicted a win yesterday.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 24 Sep 2023 11:06

WestYorksRoyal

It's still early. I think we will improve as the season goes on. Points deductions are the biggest concern. If we fail to pay next week, that would likely be 4 points and us back on 1 (still not bottom thanks to Cheltenham). Hopefully we find a way.

We really need a 4 or 5 game streak where we pull well clear and give ourselves more breathing space against future deductions. The upcoming run is an opportunity - Northampton and Orient away are winnable opportunities to break the dire away record. But then I predicted a win yesterday.

We haven`t got a suspended points deduction in place so it`s unlikely they will take them immediately.

221 posts