MATCHWATCH : Northampton Town (a)

343 posts
WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Northampton Town (a)

by WestYorksRoyal » 03 Oct 2023 21:59

blythspartan I said I’d give Selles 10+ games, but seriously this is the lowest I have felt in a long oxf*rd time. I am right behind our young squad, but they look clueless right now. Selles needs to forget his footballing principles and go back to basics.

Off the pitch issues no doubt affecting them too. I'm fuming with Selles tonight, but nothing will get better until Dai is gone. Focus all your anger and energy on Dai; when he's gone then we can think about who should oversee the rebuild.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 03 Oct 2023 22:02

I said this on Saturday - I don't think you can talk about this as though it's a 'normal' situation. Yes, we can all play armchair manager and think we know better than Selles, but I just think he's in a lose-lose situation. How do you build spirit to go out and get a result when you have no idea if those results will be meaningful? Yeah, the youngsters are no doubt keen to prove themselves regardless, but subconsciously it's still going to affect them. This is the team of players we could scramble together between transfer embargoes, not a team that Selles built.

I've defended managers in the past just as I think it takes time to really learn what they're about. But this is even different to that - there is literally no point in changing managers because I don't think anyone can do anything different given what is hanging over us.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Oct 2023 22:03

WestYorksRoyal
blythspartan I said I’d give Selles 10+ games, but seriously this is the lowest I have felt in a long oxf*rd time. I am right behind our young squad, but they look clueless right now. Selles needs to forget his footballing principles and go back to basics.

Off the pitch issues no doubt affecting them too. I'm fuming with Selles tonight, but nothing will get better until Dai is gone. Focus all your anger and energy on Dai; when he's gone then we can think about who should oversee the rebuild.

I have more than enough anger to spread round the pair, while still layering it on thick.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 03 Oct 2023 22:04

We're one step closer to giving it to Robbie Savage till end of season.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Oct 2023 22:06

Elm Park Kid I said this on Saturday - I don't think you can talk about this as though it's a 'normal' situation. Yes, we can all play armchair manager and think we know better than Selles, but I just think he's in a lose-lose situation. How do you build spirit to go out and get a result when you have no idea if those results will be meaningful? Yeah, the youngsters are no doubt keen to prove themselves regardless, but subconsciously it's still going to affect them. This is the team of players we could scramble together between transfer embargoes, not a team that Selles built.

I've defended managers in the past just as I think it takes time to really learn what they're about. But this is even different to that - there is literally no point in changing managers because I don't think anyone can do anything different given what is hanging over us.

They could:
1) Play a shape that doesn’t expose our weaknesses and nullify our strengths
2) Pick players to play in their best position
3) Get their staff and players under some form of discipline.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 03 Oct 2023 22:10

Why play Bindon and Carson again at full back, either change it or oxf*rd off Selles.

Yiadom can also do one

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 03 Oct 2023 22:12

Pepe the Horseman We're one step closer to giving it to Robbie Savage till end of season.

In for this.

Felt91

by Felt91 » 03 Oct 2023 22:15

One day, don’t know when, we might just get a bit of luck. 3 gk mistakes tonight, we missed two clear chances in Azeez and knibbs (why did he not just stick his foot out and anticipate it!!) one day it will be the other way round and we might just get some points.
Same as Ballard Saturday with a great chance late on when any sort of miss hit would of probably gone in.
Dean is really poor, can’t kick the ball, way way to slow and can’t pass and would like to see bindon back in there with kelvin at rb

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 03 Oct 2023 22:17

Everything Soton fans said was true. Likeable guy, respected by the players. Shows promise; for our Millwall result see their win at Chelsea in his 1st game.

But tactically out of his depth and too stubborn. 4-2-2-2 has no future away from home, so he can change it or try to set the record for the worst away season ever.

Full backs a huge concern. Mbengue injured and Yiadom now suspended on the right. Carson not ready and Mola abysmal on the left. But we could at least offer them better protection.

ILoveMoonPig

by ILoveMoonPig » 03 Oct 2023 22:22

Incredibly disappointed by that. Had high hopes coming into this game.

It was a tough night. We just couldn't keep the ball. Not sure what the formation was, but we need to keep more players in midfield if we're going to get outmuscled like that. Too many long hoofs that didn't go anywhere or inaccurate passes that gave away possession.

That said, we did have a few good chances. The boys are young, composure will come with time, I just hope it happens quick enough to get us out the relegation zone.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 03 Oct 2023 22:24

NathStPaul
Pepe the Horseman We're one step closer to giving it to Robbie Savage till end of season.

In for this.

If Robbie says no then give it to Lily Savage (I realised Paul O'Grady passed on earlier this year but he still can't be much worse than Ruben '4-2-2-2 til I die' Selles)

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 03 Oct 2023 22:25

Elm Park Kid Mola is just filing in right now, bridging the gap until we can get someone else.

What someone like Guinness Walker ?

Royal Monkey

by Royal Monkey » 03 Oct 2023 22:26

Snowflake Royal
Elm Park Kid I said this on Saturday - I don't think you can talk about this as though it's a 'normal' situation. Yes, we can all play armchair manager and think we know better than Selles, but I just think he's in a lose-lose situation. How do you build spirit to go out and get a result when you have no idea if those results will be meaningful? Yeah, the youngsters are no doubt keen to prove themselves regardless, but subconsciously it's still going to affect them. This is the team of players we could scramble together between transfer embargoes, not a team that Selles built.

They could:
1) Play a shape that doesn’t expose our weaknesses and nullify our strengths
2) Pick players to play in their best position
3) Get their staff and players under some form of discipline.

Totally agree set up a different way especially away, change it up, put three in midfield and be more solid.
Gomes mk 2 just blindly doing the thing that isn’t working

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 03 Oct 2023 22:29

72 bus
Elm Park Kid Mola is just filing in right now, bridging the gap until we can get someone else.

What someone like Guinness Walker ?

I think you might be missing the dental references here 72…

Royal Monkey

by Royal Monkey » 03 Oct 2023 22:31

If he don’t bring NGW back in on Saturday now then he is a total joke. Mola is not even a footballer.
God knows what he does at right back tho, Mbengue injured, Yids suspended and Binden clearly not a right back.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 03 Oct 2023 22:31

Loafer
Snowflake Royal Takeaways.

We have to get an early goal or we're oxf*rd.
Carson is weak and terrified away from home, needs instruction in the cynical foul from Hutch
Bindon is not a right back and needs some instruction in the art of the cynical foul from Hutch
Mola is not a footballer
Azeez will make the wrong decision every time
Selles is an incompetent manager
4-2-2-2 should burn in hell for all eternity
Yiadom is an absokute moron.
Button won't play that badly again this season.

Abbey is pretty good.
Wing is good.
Vickers is great.
Savage really cares.
Ehibhatiomhan is pretty decent.
Ballard scored.

Take it you were at the game live then?

You haven't seen a game live since your Mum stopped taking you/got banned.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 03 Oct 2023 22:34

Royal Monkey If he don’t bring NGW back in on Saturday now then he is a total joke. Mola is not even a footballer.
God knows what he does at right back tho, Mbengue injured, Yids suspended and Binden clearly not a right back.

Abrefa if fit, no idea if he is fit but an actual right back would be helpful.

Royal Monkey

by Royal Monkey » 03 Oct 2023 22:37

Just Orient v Lincoln game was abandoned cos of crowd trouble and they were in 90+ minutes of the game !!!!
So we all know what to do on Saturday when we’re 4-0 down lol !
Also who knew Orient and Lincoln had fans let alone firms lol !

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 03 Oct 2023 22:40

Royal Monkey Just Orient v Lincoln game was abandoned cos of crowd trouble and they were in 90+ minutes of the game !!!!

It wasn't crowd trouble. Someone had a cardiac incident and it was ignored so some fans ran onto the pitch as a last resort to get the game stopped.

Royal Monkey

by Royal Monkey » 03 Oct 2023 22:42

Orion1871
Royal Monkey Just Orient v Lincoln game was abandoned cos of crowd trouble and they were in 90+ minutes of the game !!!!

It wasn't crowd trouble. Someone had a cardiac incident and it was ignored so some fans ran onto the pitch as a last resort to get the game stopped.

Oh right. I just looked at sky sports score app and it said abandoned due to crowd trouble

343 posts