Stick with him till the end of the season
34%

Total votes: 83
Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Up to date Selles poll - in or out?

by Millsy » 07 Oct 2023 17:27

None of this fence-sitting shite.

Surely it's clear enough to you now. Dick around on the fence and you know it's going to be too little too late, knowing Dai.

Nail your colours to the mast one way or the other.

If you had to choose now between sacking him now and getting anyone (Neil, Bowen, Gilkes, hungry successful L2 manager, whomever) OR sticking with him till the end of the season, which would you choose?

And don't conflate Dai's position with this question- he needs to go. But that's got nothing to do with this question, which can happen concurrently.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Up to date Selles poll - in or out?

by NathStPaul » 07 Oct 2023 17:30

Give him another month. Re-evaluate during the November International break.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 07 Oct 2023 17:31

Go. Get someone in who can play normal football without trying to educate the young and inexperienced in some moronic telephone number formation that no-one understands.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 07 Oct 2023 17:31

I voted out, but Dai is the one we really need to get rid of. Manager change without ownership change is a sticking plaster and we'll never actually progress.

Perhaps if Dai wasn't creating such a toxic atmosphere the Selles experiment could have succeeded. But I've already seen enough to suggest it won't so he needs to go.

Don't be surprised if he does OK somewhere else. Another victim of Dai's mess.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 07 Oct 2023 17:41

WestYorksRoyal I voted out, but Dai is the one we really need to get rid of. Manager change without ownership change is a sticking plaster and we'll never actually progress.

Perhaps if Dai wasn't creating such a toxic atmosphere the Selles experiment could have succeeded. But I've already seen enough to suggest it won't so he needs to go.

Don't be surprised if he does OK somewhere else. Another victim of Dai's mess.

The last paragraph I’m struggling to understand. Selles is a victim of Selles inability to learn.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Oct 2023 17:49

If its a question of sacking him now or wait til the end of the season, he goes now.

It's not though. So he gets another month.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 07 Oct 2023 17:51

Snowflake Royal If its a question of sacking him now or wait til the end of the season, he goes now.

It's not though. So he gets another month.

Currently 4 off safety. In a months time it could be 7 or 8 - that's a big gap. We don't have the luxury of losing another 3 or 4 games.
Last edited by WestYorksRoyal on 07 Oct 2023 17:52, edited 1 time in total.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 07 Oct 2023 17:52

Sack tonight then one of 2 options for me.

1) we have to survive in the league 1. Another relegation would cost more jobs and income, it could be catastrophic with our overheads. Warnock is an option to come in until the end of the season and we go again next summer with a new owner and manager.
2) Give Hunt the Job until the bloke at QPR is available. His record with youngsters and working miracles is second to none and he wants to manage in this area.

traff

by traff » 07 Oct 2023 18:33

Who is going to remove him?
I doubt Bowen has the authority and our feckless owner is hiding behind a sofa somewhere.
We could be stuck with this naive, obstinate learner in League Two and beyond.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 07 Oct 2023 18:35

I'd get rid of him but it won't happen

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 07 Oct 2023 18:51

The club is in absolute freefall

there is no one who will take the job at the moment. The football community is not that big and everyone will just say sit it out till the dust settles post ownership change.

Do not sack now.

Sack once new owner is sorted.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 07 Oct 2023 18:53

Now (or directly after Tuesday's game) would be a good time to get rid as there is no game next weekend so gives the replacement (assuming already at the club) a decent period of time to work with the players.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 07 Oct 2023 18:55

I was up for giving him another 10 games but he’s not learning. Personally, I think the state of club isn’t helping, but the start of every away game feels like Groundhog Day. Get rid of him now and bring in someone who knows this level. It won’t happen though as we can’t afford it.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 07 Oct 2023 19:28

Ascotexgunner Sack tonight then one of 2 options for me.

1) we have to survive in the league 1. Another relegation would cost more jobs and income, it could be catastrophic with our overheads. Warnock is an option to come in until the end of the season and we go again next summer with a new owner and manager.
2) Give Hunt the Job until the bloke at QPR is available. His record with youngsters and working miracles is second to none and he wants to manage in this area.

How is Warnock an option?? We can't affoird to pay academy players let alone experienced managers.

Where is the money coming from to pay off Selles?

Cloud cuckoo land

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Oct 2023 20:07

Mid Sussex Royal
Ascotexgunner Sack tonight then one of 2 options for me.

How is Warnock an option?? We can't affoird to pay academy players let alone experienced managers.

Where is the money coming from to pay off Selles?

Cloud cuckoo land

The same place it's coming to pay him.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 07 Oct 2023 20:42

Bin him, Bowen for the next couple of games then Colin.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 07 Oct 2023 20:52

We can’t pay our tax bill. Selles said we can’t sign any ooc players as we are at our limit. How do propose we pay up selles and his coaching staff and bring in an external manager? The only way we will be able to get rid is if we promote from within . So basically hunt again.. which I wouldn’t be adverse to btw. Just saying anyone expecting an external appointment is living in a dream world.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 07 Oct 2023 21:25

Brogue We can’t pay our tax bill. Selles said we can’t sign any ooc players as we are at our limit. How do propose we pay up selles and his coaching staff and bring in an external manager? The only way we will be able to get rid is if we promote from within . So basically hunt again.. which I wouldn’t be adverse to btw. Just saying anyone expecting an external appointment is living in a dream world.

I would let Bowen take charge until the end of the season or until the takeover if and when it happens is completed. Bowen was never a bad manager, the players all know him and i'm sure respect him.
The only issue is paying off Selles contract!!

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 07 Oct 2023 22:02

Even if we do sack him, as always I have zero faith in them choosing an adequate replacement. We were told Selles was Bowen's (2nd?) choice, either that was BS, or he's just as incompetent as the rest of them. We just don't learn that highly rated coaches with shit managerial records, tend to actually be shit managers.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Oct 2023 22:23

Crowbar6753
Brogue We can’t pay our tax bill. Selles said we can’t sign any ooc players as we are at our limit. How do propose we pay up selles and his coaching staff and bring in an external manager? The only way we will be able to get rid is if we promote from within . So basically hunt again.. which I wouldn’t be adverse to btw. Just saying anyone expecting an external appointment is living in a dream world.

I would let Bowen take charge until the end of the season or until the takeover if and when it happens is completed. Bowen was never a bad manager, the players all know him and i'm sure respect him.
The only issue is paying off Selles contract!!

This. Eventually.
Last edited by Snowflake Royal on 07 Oct 2023 22:23, edited 1 time in total.

158 posts