TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

3413 posts
72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

Re: TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

by 72 bus » 29 Oct 2023 21:36

royalp-we
Elm Park Kid It seems almost fate that Joorabchian will arrange the sale to Storey over Ashley as the final dagger into the club's back.

Dai will accept the most attractive financial package; Kia’s job is to broker the best deal.

I reckon with Storey saying that he’s in pole position, he and his consortium might well be the ones offering the most shekels…

The American consortium and Frasers Group might not get a sniff unless the OADT means Dai will have to concede to one of those groups.

It’s all very exciting, but I’m kind of done with ownership sagas and this club now.

I reckon with Storey saying that he’s in pole position, he and his consortium might well be the ones offering the most shekels…

Most Shekels

William Storey: net worth 29 million, no companies currently trading, all wound up.

Mike Ashley: net worth £2.995bn companies owned and currently trading.
Bob’s Stores
Firetrap
Flannels
French Connection
Game
House of Fraser
Sofa.com
Jack Wills
Eastern Mountain Sports
Evans Cycles
Gelert
Heatons
Sweatshop
USC
Sports Direct
Agent Provocateur
British Knights
Carlton
Donnay
Everlast
Gelert
Gul
Hot Tuna
Kangol
Karrimor
LA Gear
Lonsdale
Muddyfox
No Fear
Slazenger

Ashley wins this pissing contest, and he just sold his Majorca house for 30 million so has a bit of fun money to spend.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 29 Oct 2023 21:49

72 bus
royalp-we
Elm Park Kid It seems almost fate that Joorabchian will arrange the sale to Storey over Ashley as the final dagger into the club's back.

Dai will accept the most attractive financial package; Kia’s job is to broker the best deal.

The American consortium and Frasers Group might not get a sniff unless the OADT means Dai will have to concede to one of those groups.

It’s all very exciting, but I’m kind of done with ownership sagas and this club now.

Most Shekels

William Storey: net worth 29 million, no companies currently trading, all wound up.

Mike Ashley: net worth £2.995bn companies owned and currently trading.
Bob’s Stores
Firetrap
Flannels
French Connection
Game
House of Fraser
Sofa.com
Jack Wills
Eastern Mountain Sports
Evans Cycles
Gelert
Heatons
Sweatshop
USC
Sports Direct
Agent Provocateur
British Knights
Carlton
Donnay
Everlast
Gelert
Gul
Hot Tuna
Kangol
Karrimor
LA Gear
Lonsdale
Muddyfox
No Fear
Slazenger

Ashley wins this pissing contest, and he just sold his Majorca house for 30 million so has a bit of fun money to spend.

This is exactly why I don’t post on HNA? anymore :roll: I wasn’t disputing who has more net worth. Ashley is a billionaire and Storey is a crook, I really didn’t need that spelling out :lol:

Mike Ashley won’t pay over the odds for our basket case though. Just 12 months ago he walked away from the Derby takeover as they rejected his initial £50m offer. They were in administration and Ashley will be fully aware we are on the brink too.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 29 Oct 2023 22:35

So many idiotic people on Twitter moaning about Mike Ashley coming in.

"WE WANT A NEW OWNER"

"NO NOT THAT ONE"

Grow up. Mike Ashley would at a minium get things back on the straight and narrow.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 29 Oct 2023 22:37

I think the phrase "beggars can't be choosers" is apt

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 29 Oct 2023 23:07

Yep I’ve been shocked at how much hate there is towards him. Are they fcuking stupid? We ain’t getting anyone better than Ashley. We are bottom of league one ffs we should just be grateful anyone is interested at all let alone someone of that calibre

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 30 Oct 2023 00:45

If anyone wants cheering up, it's the 11th anniversary of Reading 5-7 Arsenal.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Oct 2023 08:13

Brogue Yep I’ve been shocked at how much hate there is towards him. Are they fcuking stupid? We ain’t getting anyone better than Ashley. We are bottom of league one ffs we should just be grateful anyone is interested at all let alone someone of that calibre

The truth is, most people on the socials don't have the first clue about football in general or the club in detail.

They've seen years of Ashley getting hate from Newcastle fans so it's just taken as read he's awful.

Plus he's a pretty odious toad of a man.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 30 Oct 2023 08:24

Snowflake Royal
Brogue Yep I’ve been shocked at how much hate there is towards him. Are they fcuking stupid? We ain’t getting anyone better than Ashley. We are bottom of league one ffs we should just be grateful anyone is interested at all let alone someone of that calibre

The truth is, most people on the socials don't have the first clue about football in general or the club in detail.

They've seen years of Ashley getting hate from Newcastle fans so it's just taken as read he's awful.

I'd take him, but yes he is odious compared with SJM who was a gentleman. I found this story pretty funny at the time but it says a lot about him:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-40484091

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Oct 2023 08:25

WestYorksRoyal
Snowflake Royal

I'd take him, but yes he is odious compared with SJM who was a gentleman. I found this story pretty funny at the time but it says a lot about him:

Let's be clear, Madejski was great for the club, but he was still a tax dodging Tory pcunt.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 30 Oct 2023 08:27

I'd be in favour of Ashley personally. Not the most glamorous person ever, but how he ran Newcastle is exactly how we need to be run going forwards.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Oct 2023 08:29

Other plus side, catering revenue from beer sales would also rocket

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Oct 2023 08:29

WestYorksRoyal
Snowflake Royal

Actually like him a bit more after reading that

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 30 Oct 2023 08:38

genome If anyone wants cheering up, it's the 11th anniversary of Reading 5-7 Arsenal.

In my mind, the beginning of the downward slide.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 30 Oct 2023 08:44

under the tin
Winston Biscuit
Snowflake Royal 50,000? So 8th in the PL attendance list? Big woop.

They're a middling top tier side who occasionally fall out and occasionally flirt with Europe. Nothing more.

That's pretty much how I have always seen them. The West Ham of the north if you will.

Probs, but with football these days being all about zillionaire's playing dogs pissing up the wall, I fully expect the Saudi royal family will just keep chucking silly money at them in order to get one up on the Mansoors. Just a matter of time, IMHO.

TBF though they have employed wisely in the manager, something not seen at Reading since the days of SJM - and EH deserves to win something.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 30 Oct 2023 08:50

NathStPaul So many idiotic people on Twitter moaning about Mike Ashley coming in.

"WE WANT A NEW OWNER"

"NO NOT THAT ONE"

Grow up. Mike Ashley would at a minium get things back on the straight and narrow.

Agreed. Best of the currently rumoured options by far.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 30 Oct 2023 08:56

Sutekh
under the tin
Winston Biscuit
That's pretty much how I have always seen them. The West Ham of the north if you will.

Probs, but with football these days being all about zillionaire's playing dogs pissing up the wall, I fully expect the Saudi royal family will just keep chucking silly money at them in order to get one up on the Mansoors. Just a matter of time, IMHO.

TBF though they have employed wisely in the manager, something not seen at Reading since the days of SJM - and EH deserves to win something.

They haven't spent as much as Everton yet but are light years ahead of them.

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 30 Oct 2023 08:59

Mike Ashley also founded his empire from Sport and Ski on Maidenhead high street if I'm not mistaken.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 30 Oct 2023 09:02

Greatwesternline Mike Ashley also founded his empire from Sport and Ski on Maidenhead high street if I'm not mistaken.

You are not - whilst born in Walsall, grew up in Burnham (as think mentioned already on here) so a bit of a local connection, not that would matter a jot for Ashley.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 30 Oct 2023 09:06

Snowflake Royal
WestYorksRoyal
Snowflake Royal The truth is, most people on the socials don't have the first clue about football in general or the club in detail.

Let's be clear, Madejski was great for the club, but he was still a tax dodging Tory pcunt.

+1 ... all this stuff about Madejski being a 'gentleman' is a bit bull to me too ...

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Oct 2023 09:43

Royalwaster
Snowflake Royal
WestYorksRoyal I'd take him, but yes he is odious compared with SJM who was a gentleman. I found this story pretty funny at the time but it says a lot about him:

+1 ... all this stuff about Madejski being a 'gentleman' is a bit bull to me too ...

Anyone rich enough to buy a club is probably a complete git somewhere along the line aren’t they?

Ashley prob no better or worse than anyone else who would have enough money knocking about to buy a football club, and that goes back to SJM’s time

3413 posts